Arc's M5 damage increase

The Arc class is one of my favourites in the game, I play it pretty often and I have been thinking for a while how the M5 doesn't seem to do much damage, I get it as the arc has dexterity so the weapons they use shouldn't be too strong but the weapon seems overly weak, even the sniper version is pretty useless as it takes far too many shots to kill someone while going through tonnes of ammo, also the size of clip means you have to reload very often but this would be fine if the damage was higher.

For comparison look at the mando's rifle, the primary damage is decent and the sniper mode is incredibly strong, the mando also has more maneuverability with it's jetpack (granted not on the ground but it's better than any other class in the air and can get across maps before the jetpack overheats), it's the same with the e-11 which has high damage and need to be reloaded once every year or so, even soldiers can get a level 3 e-11 with 3 lives.

Would be handy to know what other people think

My bad, thought you were talking about unscoped shots.
I don't use the sniper variant of the M5 though, it's pretty worthless. Far too much ammo per shot and too little damage to boot, better off just buying pistols 3 to get dual wield 36 damage 9 - 10 fp per shot and 525/750 ammo overall as well as much larger magazines.

Right now the M5 has an issue whereby the pistols are better in every single way except that the deadzone of the pistols means that they are harder to use at point blank.