•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Any tips on playing as a Mandalorian?

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
Sniper quick-scopes on jedi are extremely devastating even if they swingblock ur snipe, if you hit them during a swing they'll lose alot of FP. They are very fast, just remember to switch back to normal so u can follow up.

Flame thrower fuel 3 is good vs jedi if u have a sith/team to hold them off. Or a nice corridor where they can't rush you. Wrist blaster is generally a bit ***** and not worth it unless ur doing a specialized build.

If you're getting rushed, don't hesitate to jetpack out of there. Shoot while flying back to cover.

The EE-3 is great. It does alot of dmg and can kill gunners very quickly if you aim it. But the more you shoot the more innacurate it will get. Therefore remember to take some breaks to let the gun regain accuracy. Tap, go behind cover and reload while waiting for your crosshair to go back to normal then pop out and shoot them again. Generally with mando you don't wanna go for direct engagements like commanders and soldiers/clones with 2 lives.

You wanna try to use all the tricks you have to get better positions/engagements. So use jetpack to fly to a nice sneaky position (windows Dotf throne corridor, flanking main from generator, going snipe CW, sit above generator on Deathstar and snipe ppl trying to cross/hack gen etc or even suicide bombing with a rocket esp if you're low on HP and want to squeeze a last kill out before u die).

I could use some advice when playing vs Jedi...or anyone :p

Remove all your points from armor, if you are fighting jedi armor doesnt mean shit.

Get sniper mode on your carbine and max out your fuel.
Rockets are very risky to use, but they can work.
Flamethrower may work in situations where the jedi is low on hp, and you don't have ammo to spare.

SomeGuy

Donator
Internal Beta Team
Keep in mind the hitbox for the mando lags behind while flying so even though it looks like your model is out of saber range as you activate, they can still kill you. That's why when you see flying mandos die it looks like the shot went behind them.

A very handy trick for killing jedi is to fire a rocket at them from really far, then sniping them with EE-3 when they push. Just don't do it when there's teammates for them to push the rocket to between you two, or ask for a sith to ensure the rocket won't fly right at your team. It can be harder to pull off when jedi are smarter and jump or move when they push to avoid being sniped, but since hitting stuff is pretty vital as a mando, you might as well train your aim.

In general, the best time to fire a rocket at jedi is from far away when they're not after you. Ideally, if the jedi 1. has no visual indication of a rocket launch 2. cannot hear you launch it. Basically you're firing stealth rockets at jedi who are focused on something else. Even if you're behind a jedi and they can still hear it, a good amount of above average jedi will turn around and push the rocket simply by reflex.

Flying past jedi can be useful. If you've got a gunner or some other guy with you, you'll probably want to put the jedi between you and them. Of course, this means the jedi might jump and slash you when you try to fly past them. Doing the crouch roll jetpack boost (activate jetpack while rolling for extra momentum) can help you get past them easily. But, you don't want to put a jedi between you and your teammate and yourself between a jedi and their teammate.

Westars can also pack a punch if you use charge shots effectively. Wrist laser's delay is also gone so it'll be more helpful in taking down a jedi's FP pool, very useful in combination with dual westars.

Either headshot fucking everything or cry bitter tears as i do, simply because that goddamn laser pointer your "sniper rifle" is does like 5, maybe 3 damage if it's a body shot, which makes everyone but solds and maybe sometimes jedi tank your sniper shots like it's nothing.
Take stuff like fuel and armor depending on where you are, for example i take fuel 3 on dotf because i can fly around and dodge shit, but armor 3 on deathstar becasue the corridors are tight and shit.

Also have in mid that if you don't click anything while flying, your sniper shots are as accurate as if you were standing still. You can gain speed, fly through a door at sanic speeds, snipe someone and fly off for some style points, and successfully doing so is hella fun.
Also, always play Jango Fett.

When you want to fly without wasting too much fuel, remember to roll in the direction you want to fly and activate your jetpack to get more travel distance out of your jetpack. Just remember not to do this when you're near a jedi because you will have to jump and that makes you vulnerable to a force push.

Remember when using the EE-3's normal shots that the weapon stops maintaining accurate shots after about like 3-5 shots, I think.

There are 3 classic builds for mandalorian, depends on what your gamestyle is
1: Classic Assault
westar 3
ee3 0
fuel 3
flamethrower
rocket
armor 2
ammo 2
this is most common build, because it has a bit of everything. westars are really accurate and you can almost snipe with those two, rocket is great diversity and flamethrower gives u breath when full force jedi rushes on ya. + fuel 3 lets you use it for really long.

2. Sniper
Ee3 3
fuel 3
flamethrower
armor 1
ammo 3
Probably the hardest build to hit score. It bases on your sniper and quickscope skills. You have some fuel to play seek and hide with jedi or fry them, but you mostly take down enemies, when they're busy fighting your mates (disturbing duels and shit), you also depend a lot on quickscope in 1v1 with jedi. you shot one snipershot and if it lands, you continue with spray. You have to remember that after 3rd shot ee3 starts to overheat and is inaccurate, even though it drains alot of fp.

3. Commando
ee3 3
fuel 2
flamethrower or wrist laser
armor 1
ammo 3
You have to be really careful with this build. You don't abuse jetpack, because you have low fuel and you'll need it both to run from jedis and to fry them (if u pick flamethrower. this is why some ppl take wrist laser even though it really sucks comparing to flamethrower). So when theres no enemies nearby, you just act like theres no jetpack, and run. Good thing about this build is: you have every 3 diversion item: rocket, sniper, flame/wrist what might safe your ass in many situations. You can use rocket to shot group of jedis while they're togethere in corridor, very close to eachother / set up traps / fry and quickscope them, sniper-disturb duels or just snipe from hideout.

of course there are builds with flamethrower and wrist laser, but its really hard to toggle between them (you can't do it while holding ee3 / westars, you have to switch on melee and then hit weaponmode - it takes loads of time). In my opinion those specials would be awesome, if toggled as quick as ee3->sniper. but unless you have to switch to melee, this build wont work at all.

and if you have dilema between flamethrower and wrist laser, pick flamethrower. it breaks through full force jedi, starts burning effect, drains loads of hp and doesn't require as much aim as wrist laser. remember theres a lot of situations in mb2 when you won't have time for precission shots and opponents will make you react instant.

you also have to be smart while using flamethrower. it drains your fuel and its unrechargable, so once you lose it, you wont get it back. its really important, because throwing flame at jedi who's too far is just a waste. if you cant see jedi frying / running from dmg, stop flaming and throw some close-shots to control his force points.

to be honest, mandalorian is one of hardest class around (unless you fly and jihad stuff) vs skilled jedi (puller, speeder), but its also fun though. and its really easy to fight newbie jedis, coz they mostly can't get through your flame. don't get discouraged, train.

hf: )

p.s
in my opinion first build is good for start, second build is good for open maps like dotf, and third build is good for close combat maps like deathstar

Westars are my primary choice. The only time they get a little tricky to use is when some other gunner facehugs you with an e-11 or whatever.
Optimal distance to use is far/medium. Close is still good but you need to aim towards their chest and forget about the hs at that point imo.

ee3 level 2 - I'd recommend it for beginners who want to jump right in. Sniping takes practice and aim. With the ee3, you have the first 3 shots perfectly accurate and then a random spray arc which can actually help players who have difficulty aiming correctly up close. You could pause half a second in between shots, measure the timing..but I find/prefer being lazy myself and just let the gods direct my spray. The force drain is also much better so it's kind of a go to if you find westars too weak and ur aim too poor to do much dmg:)

Learn how many seconds the jp cooldown is so you can count off or check the timer.

Learn how to rocket. Panic, Ninja, Rambo Rush. You can fly high and rocket from the air or jp at ground level to rocket, creating a smaller window of vulnerability, etc.

Favorite move is jousting with westars or sniper. You fly full speed at a jedi, charging pistols or getting your sniper read. They almost always take a swing. More often than not, missing. Now if you can hit them during that miss:)

Standard tactic is to get close to a jedi and flame. Very few are stupid enough to stand there and take it. They'll either back off, rush you, or push. That's why I like to use flame in bursts against pushers. Burst flame and then shoot

You can roll with your guns. So if your out of fuel or in cooldown mode you still have a decent chance to avoid some attacks. Of course all classes can do this but you don't need to switch out to melee and that second can give you the edge you need to avoid a swing. They can't push while swinging:)

Mandos are among the best flankers, can do a lot of dmg. Almost always try to flank or screw around with the enemy. I'll wait for some jedi to get close, jetpack past him and go all the way back to where his snipers are and rocket, shoot, etc.

And then just clean up with a crossfire. Risky to use but effective.

You can use flame to blind players, great distraction for when using teamwork to swarm. Also lulzy.

One of these days I'm gonna try a wristblaster build seriously. Seriously:)

just tried wristblaster the other day, if you can aim it's absolutely godlike. You hit two lasers at a jedi coming at you and most of the times he's out of fp, or almost out of fp. Also you can use it against gunners, the headshot damage is great as well.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I usually roll the "Classic Assault" mentioned by GenoMandalorian.

The Westars are extremely strong against Jedi assuming your accuracy is on point. The FP damage you can deal with them is immense. I prefer using them as I'll always have accurate shots. This benefits my fairly aggressive flying playstyle that I like doing as I'll be able to be accurate and mobile while shooting wildly.

Some of the best mandalorians usually roll the EE3 and fly close to Jedi, but just out of their attack range while shooting wildly with rapid fire. If you ever have a chance to see m00 play as a manda, I recommend trying to understand what he's doing with the class.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Since my sniping aim is.... "hit or miss", depending on the day and mood, I've been playing with Gundalorian: Sniper EE-3, Dual Westars, Fuel 2, Armor 3, Ammo 2. The idea being that I can fire off two sniper shots and then just pull out my Westars instead of being stuck in forty years of reload time.