An SBD concussion blob ability (already exists in game)

Hello, I've thinking about this for awhile and I noticed that clone troopers have 2 types of blobs. One being ion (sbd's and dekas) and concussive blasts (that I've seen spammed on sith). I strongly believe to create a better balance for the bad guys side would be to give the SBDs a similar ability to help them counter clones and Jedi (especially the ones using crouch). The FA Geonosis arena map already has an SBD just like this and it works similar the clone concussive blasts but orange. (I haven't been there in awhile but I think it's called explosive shot). How this could be implemented would be an alt fire ability for fire power 3, fire power 2 could have
a slight increase in firing rate, and both having an increase in point costs so fire power 3 could go from 22 to 25 or 26 for this and fire power 2 can increase 2-3 points. The concussive blast would take a third or half of a current clip and have a cold down similar to the mando wrist laser.

I figured this idea could help SBDs survive a heck of a lot better. (Or if not this, at least bring back cortosis 2)

It would make more sense and be canon if the left SBD arm was a wrist rocket that dealt high splash damage and traveled at the same speed as a normal blaster shot

Lee

The problem with clones rn is if they land the blob, and the clone can aim, the best sith is only alive if it had near full hp. Say the clone had a partner nearby...? sith is dead.

Now the thing you have to convince people of here is....why should jedi have to deal with this as well? And the argument they'll make is sbd can't be pushed (in most sit.)...therefore its even MOAR unfair for jedi. They'll also addin some idiotic argument that sbd are somehow always op with their 8 dmg per shot wrists and that's why nobody plays them (-_-)....but we'll just ignore that. So what is your response to that? Keep in mind how things like poison were slowly nerfed to oblivion over the years by shall we say....'the jedi lobbylists'. SO convince these lobbyists, the ones who continue practices like damage reduction, that this is a good idea.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Poison got nerfed because it was basically zero counterplay unavoidable damage on a class that is supposed to be helping to push forward. Also kinda weird to go on about "jedi lobbyists" when saberists have been getting nerfed/put into a balanced state compared to gunners consistently for the past few releases (also by the same ones who did the poison nerfs btw).

Hello, I've thinking about this for awhile and I noticed that clone troopers have 2 types of blobs. One being ion (sbd's and dekas) and concussive blasts (that I've seen spammed on sith). I strongly believe to create a better balance for the bad guys side would be to give the SBDs a similar ability to help them counter clones and Jedi (especially the ones using crouch). The FA Geonosis arena map already has an SBD just like this and it works similar the clone concussive blasts but orange. (I haven't been there in awhile but I think it's called explosive shot). How this could be implemented would be an alt fire ability for fire power 3, fire power 2 could have
a slight increase in firing rate, and both having an increase in point costs so fire power 3 could go from 22 to 25 or 26 for this and fire power 2 can increase 2-3 points. The concussive blast would take a third or half of a current clip and have a cold down similar to the mando wrist laser.

I figured this idea could help SBDs survive a heck of a lot better. (Or if not this, at least bring back cortosis 2)
sbd is so easy to play, I can actually fully drain a jedi's FP bar with it.
While my aim is so shit on mandalorian/clone/soldier that I always resort to the equipment rather than guns to get kills.

BH was suppose to be an anti jedi class, and now they are an anti nothing class. They are actual trash now, and anyone who plays BH never goes positive in KD, because hero has such a more diverse and useful collection of skills, like dodge which negates BH ability to shoot them. Low in armor, terrible kit with a YOLO grenade that only kills if the enemy happens to be asleep due to its insane detonation time, and a gun with the same functionality as the commander on rebel side, but they get 2 lives and dodge. SBD is clunky, with a scattergun that's only useful at close range and is outclassed by the rebel "tank" class of wookie, and if you get hit as an SBD you lose half your power and shoot once every 1 second, and is quickly made even more useless by clone electric grenades. I see many counterplay options for rebels but almost none for the empire. Also none of this matters anyways since jedi and sith are OP as long as push is still spammable and sense exists.

The problem with clones rn is if they land the blob, and the clone can aim, the best sith is only alive if it had near full hp. Say the clone had a partner nearby...? sith is dead.

Now the thing you have to convince people of here is....why should jedi have to deal with this as well? And the argument they'll make is sbd can't be pushed (in most sit.)...therefore its even MOAR unfair for jedi. They'll also addin some idiotic argument that sbd are somehow always op with their 8 dmg per shot wrists and that's why nobody plays them (-_-)....but we'll just ignore that. So what is your response to that? Keep in mind how things like poison were slowly nerfed to oblivion over the years by shall we say....'the jedi lobbylists'. SO convince these lobbyists, the ones who continue practices like damage reduction, that this is a good idea.
I had no idea that SBDs can't be pushed? Is this mechanic buggy? I keep getting pushed on the death star map on the side corridor bridges as an SBD (with full battery).

Last edited:
I had no idea that SBDs can't be pushed? Is this mechanic buggy? I keep getting pushed on the death star map on the side corridor bridges as an SBD (with full battery).
SBDs cannot be knocked down by force push (except when on zero battery).
They can be moved by it.