Admin Suggestions

Greetings fellow Jedi masters, Padawans and cocky Sith lords!

About two weeks ago I've been aksed to make a guide for players whom are new to the world of server administrating, so this is what I came up with and decided to
post it here aswell in hope that people can benefit from it.

Idea number 1: An admin can only ban/kick players on the actual server he/she is administrating. Commiting something elsewhere doesnt count as a lame. Therefore the person cannot be banned/kicked for previous deeds on another server.

Idea number 2: An admin should always be responsible for other players and the gameplay without ruining any of them. We are all admins not gods. Never judge someone with something youre not entirely sure about. There is no hierarchy among admins. No admin can be better than another. Respect to be respected.

Idea number 3: We admins should know the fact that we are for the players and not reverse. A good admin is always open for new ideas and always listens to others. Unless you can prove that the actual player is guilty do not ban. Ban is the very least thing you can do as an admin. Warn lamers first. Do not take advantage of your rights else you will be hated. Do not provoke other players you never know whos under the hood.

Idea number 4: You as server administrator should be able to make difference between serious deeds and jokes. Do not ban people for having an argument. Chose the harder way, ask their problem and make an attempt to solve it. Be Patient. Be tolerant. There are players coming and leaving in every minute. Do not make fools of players by provoking them, then revealing yourself as the bigger dog who has admin rights. Pay attention to newcomers. They might not be entirely sure about what is going on in the game, they might dont even know what laming is. Be helpful and enlighten them. Remember helpful person is someone whom is not afraid to sacrifice his/her own comfort/time in order to help others. As long as somebody can fulfill these ideas can remain as an administrator. Remember as an admin you cannot make too many mistakes, be aware of that, pay attention to others and have fun. -Xendel-

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Renamed the thread as it could have been confused for official rules.

LoU

R2D2
Idea number 1: An admin can only ban/kick players on the actual server he/she is administrating. Commiting something elsewhere doesnt count as a lame. Therefore the person cannot be banned/kicked for previous deeds on another server.
?
You can do background research about people just seeing them playing or acting like idiots on another server. If i see someone on server X where i don't have admin, not admin is present and this person is for example constantly TKing i will add him on my blacklist, and just ban on my server just because i don't like having idiots around. Same goes for admins, if i would see one of my admin TKing or spoiling fun for others, on another server i will take his admin rights on my server.

You should mark their pings too.
Ips might change but the fools always have the same ping!

If racist/tker/lamer with 144 ping keeps coming onto server with different names and ips, you know its still the same guy.

Then you can go full crazy and start kicking/banning people on ping. And not just because they're laggy.

Cat Lady

Jokes aside, UUID bans instead of/ as addition to IP bans would be a small step for MB2, but huge step for a mankind.

Honestly, I've always believed that if stinkface mcgee is laming on some duel server that he doesn't care about. Owners of other duels servers should have the choice to outright ban them due to knowing that they have broken the rules and ruined players' experience on other servers. Because at the end of the day, if you own a server you want players to have a good experience and have fun, why allow someone who ruined that experience on another server be able to walk away and play on yours considering they don't even care about their ban on the server they lamed on. Same goes for tking, etc.

I honestly have no idea as to how admining works on MB2, but UUID bans are always better than ID bans because unless the user knows how to successfully change their UUID. They're banned regardless of their IP/Name.

I highly advise that if you see someone laming on another server, you take the step towards punishing them on your server as well. It's the only way to get rid of these asshats.