Add one more switch on the DS side corridor door

As you know, the side corridor door on mb2_deathstar (the one above the reb spawn) has one switch on the reb side which can be hacked to open the door. However, that one switch is frequently the target of trolls who block it and won't open it, so players have to tk them and get tk points. This could be alleviated by adding another switch on the other side of the door (on the right) which has the same purpose of opening the door. Then, unless there are two trolls, the door can be opened without any problems.

The chance for trolling to be successful is diminishing with every new switch, but for every switch added it's diminishing less. 1 switch = 100%, 2 switches = 50% (chance reduced by 50%), 3 switches = 33% (chance reduced by 17%), 4 switches = 25% (chance reduced by 8%). So by adding one more switch, the chance would be reduced the most, with every new switch the reduction would be less. By adding one more switch the problem would be solved. Remeber that trolls have to also be first on the switch, and with 2 switches the chance of them succeeding (if there really are two trolls) would be really low. How much chance there really is that there are two trolls on the server who want to block the doors, and that those two trolls are always the first ones to arrive at the switch and block the door successfully? It's almost non-existant. Remember that it also depends on the position they spawn who will be first to the doors, so that is one more factor. They have to spawn the closest to the elevators, and that chance to spawn in a good or bad position reduces their chance to succeed even more. The area around the switch in which players have to stand to use the switch can also be increased to allow two people to hack the switch at the same time. Then, with two switches, there can be even up to four people hacking the switch at the same time.

Infraction: Trolling
You know what else trolls do? They say mean things in the chat or on the forum. Let's remove chat and forums, you CUCK

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
foggy ur being a meany head u big moldy banana

Optionally just have the door open on round start.
Or that. But I think the one who made it that way, made it so that the rounds would be dynamic. The opening of side corridor door + randomly-timed opening of tractor beam shaft doors achieve this.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Or that. But I think the one who made it that way, made it so that the rounds would be dynamic. The opening of side corridor door + randomly-timed opening of tractor beam shaft doors achieve this.
Just keeping tractor beam doors locked enables this in and of itself. Requiring someone to stand still for 10 seconds is a bit too much to ask just for opening a door.

Just keeping tractor beam doors locked enables this in and of itself. Requiring someone to stand still for 10 seconds is a bit too much to ask just for opening a door.
It's because the way from the Imp spawn to the tractor shaft is much longer than the one from the Reb spawn. The side corr door enables the Imp side to arrive at tractor shaft before Rebs, and sometimes even advance on the Reb side of the shaft before they arrive (dynamics). If the side corr door were unlocked, then Rebs could cross the tractor shaft before Imps arrive to defend it, unless the timer for the tractor beam shaft doors were extended. And if Rebs could cross the shaft before imps arrive, it would shift the focus of the battle from the tractor shaft further into the Imp territory, to the Imp-side corridors of the tractor shaft. I'd rather it was faster too without that opening, but I am afraid it would usurp the balance of the map and its intended course. I guess the one who made the map should be consulted before doing anything, he should know best.

I think that switch's placement is troll by itself. The switch is unreachable from some sharp angles or if you don't stand close enough (even if interaction icon is blinking!). Also there's an annoying little step beneath the switch which complicates any attempt of approach: you have to jump over it and hope that you land on the spot, which is close enough to interact to switch immediately (otherwise you will waste an extra second on positioning), or waste some time on running this step around.

Whoever designed that switch was truly a cunning prophetic imperial engineer :D

I think that switch's placement is troll by itself. The switch is unreachable from some sharp angles or if you don't stand close enough (even if interaction icon is blinking!). Also there's an annoying little step beneath the switch which complicates any attempt of approach: you have to jump over it and hope that you land on the spot, which is close enough to interact to switch immediately (otherwise you will waste an extra second on positioning), or waste some time on running this step around.

Whoever designed that switch was truly a cunning prophetic imperial engineer :D
The solution is simple. Remove the switch for trolling