Add a new mb2 exclusive "cookie" to track users when they join your server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've been working hard on some fun systems to make Open mode feel fresh again.
So far I've made a money system, bounties, items and quests that are live on |+| Templar Open (sponsored)

One of the complaints I get most is that my way of tracking users between sessions by using their IP is not reliable enough. This is because a good portion of my playerbase has dynamic IPs so they don't get to fully participate in my system.

My request is to have an mb2 exclusive cookie made that gets passed along with the userinfo string so I can more reliably track users between game sessions. Something like the ja_guid OpenJK provides but more ingrained into the MB2 mod. This would make my life so much easier and the gameplay experience of my players much better.

Q: Why don't you use ja_guid from OpenJK?
A: From my observations only 33-40% of my players have a ja_guid. I don't want to have to explain that you need to use OpenJK and turn ja_guid on for my systems to work.

I think we should create this. It would be so simple to get rid of horrible hackers like Oink! He is notorious, and nothing will stop him! There is evidence all over the place, and he is the ONLY one we should even SUSPECT of illegality!

#LetsGetRidOfOinkAgain #MakeMBIIGreatAgain #IfNotFriendsThenHacker #ProtectMyMates.com

D

Deleted member 9255

And to easily detect cool guys like sir Chombo the Dildo!

You will make good guys look at the world from behind bars

#DLM #DildoLivesMatter

Status
Not open for further replies.