A rant of sorts about the knockdown system, and how I think it could improve. (Maybe be long)

The general idea here is how the knockdown system doesn't seem to be used to heavily, and how it could maybe improve game play.

The first idea is knockdown resistance for each class, and what they should resist. I believe resistance for some classes, like wookie, could be changed for the better, as they seem to be too tanky at times. By default a wookie should have normal resistance to melee knockdowns, but they should get higher resistance to explosions as they go up in HP/Tanky-ness, though they should never be resistant to rockets. The same would apply to SBD, allowing them to at highest hull level resist wookie knockdown while crouching/standing still.

The second idea is gun fire knockdown. Essentially if say a deka shoots a Jedi, after so long the Jedi should receive knock-back/knockdown, as they are trying to hold off very heavy fire power which would tire them out fast. This should also apply when so many lasers hit a saber in a set amount of time, as the Jedi is being overpowered, therefore giving gunners a reason to follow them. I remember very clearly in Star Wars this happening a lot, as the Jedi only charged when their gunner squad gave suppression.

To maybe balance the whole system out, the heavier the style the easier it is to keep deflecting fire. A style like cyan is quick and lighter, while red is heavy and slow, meaning red would defend better. Maybe this could also give red a use against gunners, as from what I know it usually isn't suited for them.

This is the end, and hopefully my ideas were able to come off how I hoped they would.

But we all know I'm making another when I found the prime target.

Smee

Banned
I am personally against anything that would further weaken forceusers. Jedi already cannot withstand Deka fire for long because of the fp damage it does. However, I support wooks being knocked down by rockets, they are far too tanky.

I am personally against anything that would further weaken forceusers. Jedi already cannot withstand Deka fire for long because of the fp damage it does. However, I support wooks being knocked down by rockets, they are far too tanky.
Worry not, for the bottom line may hint at a rant coming soon that may have ideas to improve it.