A matter of life and death.

My name is Kyton, The leader of Mandalorian Armed Forces, for those who dont know me. I dont spend much time here but i find myself having reason to be today.

One of our MB2 members, MrStaples829, Went missing several weeks ago IRL. He had struggled with the demon of depression in secret for several years, and hid it from a lot of people, including a lot of his clan-mates. Unfortunately, that demon proved too much for him, and he lost that battle. Staples was found dead a few days ago, a victim of suicide.

Guys, We have quarreled with some of you, said horrible shit back and forth, others we speak to as friends frequently, others still we have yet to meet.
but understand this: you are NOT alone.

If you or anyone you know is struggling with this demon, please reach out for help, dont try to do it on your own. youd be suprised how many people are willing to help.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
1-800-273-8255

Every one of us in MAF would have jumped at the chance to help, had we known. And we will regret never getting that opportunity for a long time to come. This transcended the compartmentalized realm of online gaming, we have lost a very real and very beloved brother.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Hey there. I am really sorry to hear about this, and I am sure others are as well. I hope you and other members of MAF are doing alright.

This is a topic that I am personally impacted. Anyone can shoot me a message to talk if they feel they need to. Even if its just to talk about something different to be distracted by thoughts for 5 minutes.

One of my goals with the shooting range for the tutorials is to place a memorial of sorts. Honoring our favorite characters who are no longer with us. As a part of that, I would like to add a wall for members of the community as well. If you would like to PM me some more details I would be glad to add them to that memorial space in a way that you guys or their family would be okay with.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Depression is horrible, and probably a 'black dog' many of us have had to deal with at some point. When you consider suicide is the second leading cause of death for those in their mid-teens to mid-twenties, it makes the lack of support and frequent stigmatization of mental health issues all the more sad.

I hope the family and any close friends end up okay.

My deepest sympathy for MrStaples829 and anyone close to him.
It's important that nobody beats themselves up for not knowing or beeing able to help. It's part of the illness that the person suffering doesn't want you to know or help. All you really can do is try to be positive and nice to eachother and understand that if someone isn't, it might be because of some shit they go through themselves.

Karus

Donator
My deepest sympathy for MrStaples829 and anyone close to him.
It's important that nobody beats themselves up for not knowing or beeing able to help. It's part of the illness that the person suffering doesn't want you to know or help. All you really can do is try to be positive and nice to eachother and understand that if someone isn't, it might be because of some shit they go through themselves.
This.
Personally, I pushed people away, almost to the point where I’d become physically violent.
When people, friends family etc. Would try to reason with me and help, it just made me worse.
It’s an absolutely hopeless illness that is extremely hard to break free from.
So, like Manyo said, don’t blame yourselves.
I hope this dudes family and friends are getting the support they need.

D

Deleted member 5707

Depression is real and should never be taken lightly. I wish I was close to him so that maybe the outcome could've been different, but this may do us well to serve as a reminder for us that all the people you see in-game have feelings and that we should treat each other with respect and kindness because our actions could very well negatively impact them if we aren't careful with what we do or say.

That's some sad news. Never knew him myself, but I feel for the emotional toll he must have went through. Wish more people were educated on how serious mental illnesses can be so those afflicted with it could get better help and respect. Rest in peace man

edit: did not realize this was an older thread, but it's still sad

Last edited: