A dying community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infraction: Disputing Moderation
As someone who has been in the mb2 community for years, I find the path the devs have been taking very disturbing. Banning without warning, favoritism, inconsistency in moderation, I don't know what happened but this is clearly killing the community. Just look at the forums for proof, barely any interaction, the discord is also not faring so well either. 2k members and maybe a few messages a day, since every one is to scared to type anything as the devs seem to ban anyone with anything to say unless the message explicitly, in some way, fondles the balls of the devs. They even have a rule against contesting their decision, which shows a disconnection to the community as they only care about themselves, and they surely must always be right no matter what and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and must be banned. What a joke.

Eazy E

Banned
Due to the lack of FAIR-PLAY(?) enforcement. "BEING GOOD" at a game with "NO ANTI-CHEAT" sounds pretty silly.
Movie Battles 2 has skill-ceiling (and actually pretty high up) it's just NOT VALID to anybody who is self-aware.

This game is great for all the more complicated mechanics and there is something to learn unlike in the other games nowdays.
The only cheater ik of is Kronos and he's banned everywhere. And the few places he isn't banned he gets mobbed by 10s of people whenever he joins. The community enforces it's own anti-cheat on top of the stuff the devs have already coded in.

Get good, tier.

Anecdotal but I stopped playing in October because I was playing too much and wanted to focus on other hobbies.

I fully intend to play again someday, and hold MB2 in a positive light.

But that's just meesa.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Banning without warning, favoritism, inconsistency in moderation, I don't know what happened but this is clearly killing the community.
For anyone who might be skeptical on this persecution story...
  • OP abused admin ping feature on our Discord (directed at tR admins). Were muted for a day as a consequence.
  • After the mute expired, decided it would be a good idea to start trolling about it (memes calling all admins pedophiles etc.). This earned a ban.
  • Made a Free Catman thread here after they were banned from Discord. This earned a warning.
  • Made a thread contesting the ban in the official game server section (where to make appeals is hard to miss, if you actually look at the rules). Another warning.
They even have a rule against contesting their decision, which shows a disconnection to the community as they only care about themselves, and they surely must always be right no matter what and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and must be banned. What a joke.
The rule is against making threads like this because all you're doing is trying to stir up drama. The relevant part:
  • Disputing Moderation
    • Complaining about warnings or any other specific moderator action, on behalf of yourself or others, except in an appeal as defined below.

So tl;dr someone salty because their actions had consequences. Locking this for breaking the above rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.