A color blind friendly Movie Battles?

k4far

Banned
Donator
I have a mild deuteranomaly, a type of red-green color blindness in which the green cones do not detect enough green and are too sensitive to yellows, oranges, and reds.

As a result, greens, yellows, oranges, reds, and browns may appear similar, especially in low light. It can also be difficult to tell the difference between blues and purples, or pinks and grays.

CwgpVQvXAAArMHr.jpg

I do not always see when there is a movement in a bigger picture. Am I not paying enough attention? - hard to tell. (Anyway, I just like to call it being slow.)​

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I'm not sure if there is something team could do about it. IIRC there is some software which mess around with gamma / screen filters to help you out with seeing colors.

Reactions: ent
Normal Color Vision
You were able to see the hidden shape in all or nearly all of the test conditions. This indicates a high probability of having normal color vision.

When people with normal color vision wear Enchroma glasses, they see a “color boost” effect: colors appear to “pop” with a superordinary vibrance. This effect, called chromatic contrast enhancement, is how our glasses also help people with color blindness.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm not sure if there is something team could do about it. IIRC there is some software which mess around with gamma / screen filters to help you out with seeing colors.

There isn't. The easiest way to do it would be through color corrections in post process. However, JKA doesn't really have a lot of control over its very limited post processing techniques. In order to properly do it, several values would need to be tweakable as people with even the same type of colorblindness will not see things exactly the same and one value might work for one person but not another. It is too old of an engine to do it in an easy fashion. So yeah, best option would be secondary software, filters, prescription glasses, etc.

People play with bad graphics all the time. Sorry you're genetically indisposed but this seems like a personal issue rather than something the team should focus on.

Considering the derth of resources, I'm questioning your vision. And I don't mean your eyesight.