Kindly remove [EDITED] & [EDITED] aswell please. I shall remove my accusation message too.

Last edited:
Since some of these scripts were deemed cheats and removed, I wonder what is the MB2 team's position on scripting in general? I personally never liked em and don't think they have a place in mb2, as they de-value mechanical skill which is so important in this game. Why bother learning some epic combo when u can just copypaste someone's script of it, ya know?

Hence I wonder if it's possible to disable the "wait" command, like Valve did in TF2 to put an end to all kinds of elaborate scripts. Opinions?

If you disable "wait" you make any sort of auto-combos/sequences impossible while still allowing for simple binds

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Wait is a problem. I am struggling to think of any legitimate use case for it.

Wait is a problem. I am struggling to think of any legitimate use case for it.

There has been a case where I found a use, but server side only. I was using it for my custom JvS gamemode where some message would explain the whatabout of things, after each map. It was conveniant, while not the best, since it ... waits everything. But it was still the only way to have various messages not be sent at the same time in a huge spam, and instead be coming up one by one nicely, at the start of the map.

Other than that, I see no use aswell.

You can't really make a functional script without the use of wait command. The problem is using certain commands and wait.
This is exactly the issue, "wait" is used in a way that result 9 time out of 10 in a cheat

Remove post im not trying to start some discussion about how a script that does 2-3 inputs is considered cheating its not that big of a deal I can beat scripters easily without scripts it doesnt make them godlike in anyway so remove this post and stop crying please get good

ginkobum more like ginko booom am i right fellas? now thats what i call an explosive post. u sure got the whole community on an "uproar", as some might say (like if u get it)
one legitimate reason for the "wait" command is my taunt spam bind. i use it to spam taunts, hence the name. it makes other players laugh. i know if u guys were in the server with me u would laugh too.