1P View Fov

I was trying Saber Duel in 1P View with my friend and we got amazingly surprised about how fun it is!

The issue being we feel the FOV is not optimised enough, most of the fight happens in a very close situation and you can't see most of what's happening.

Is there anyway to get a beter 1P View FOV? If not could anyone could make a mod for it? Please I literally beg for this

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
I already answered you (Gold) in the Discord, but I'll put the answer here too for anyone else's benefit:

cg_truefov 97

First person saber uses cg_truefov instead of cg_fov, and both FOVs are default 80, capped at 97.

images

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Does that cmd work for gunners aswell?
To spell it all out as clearly as possible:
- TrueView is when the first person camera is attached to the model's actual head/face (I think). Default view is when the first person camera is just glued to a stable spot at your "location."
- Default view gives you the clearest idea of where your gun is positioned and how to aim.
- By default, guns use the default view, but they can also use true view if you enable that option. I don't recommend this.
- Sabers and melee can ONLY use TrueView, they can't use the default view at all.
- TrueView FOV is determined by cg_truefov
- default FOV (which also determines third person FOV) is determined by cg_fov

To answer your specific question:
If you're a gunner playing in first person and you want the highest FOV possible, just set your regular FOV as high as possible (cg_fov 97). Unless you're using TrueView for guns. :p

And as a further remark on Lyrion's original topic:
I played with first person saber a bit to try to get a sense of its pros and cons and I think it has way more cons than pros. It makes PB a liiiittle more intuitive but it makes yawing much less intuitive and more dangerous. Saberist really needs the "full body awareness" that third person grants, I think, while gunner really needs the "gun position awareness" that first person grants.

Last edited:
Lol, thanks for for the in detailed answers.
Yeah, i guess the only con too 1p for gunners is that you have a limited fov, and also can't really see behind you.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Lol, thanks for for the in detailed answers.
Yeah, i guess the only con too 1p for gunners is that you have a limited fov, and also can't really see behind you.
Since first person moves the camera forward compared to third person, it actually gives you a better view sometimes, like when going through a doorway. But yeah first person sacrifices corner-peeking and side/back view in favor of more intuitive aiming. I (and some other good gunners) switch between the two contextually.

Hmm good idea, i'm gonna put a better button for switching and try that out then:) thanks, again xD