Moviebattles II V1.10.0.5 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.10.0.5
Gameplay
  • General
    • Change: ARC/Clone pistols no longer have a damage decrease of 2 per bounce after 3 bounces. Standardized to a reduction of 2 per bounce.
    • Change: Removed visual collision FX for projectiles on enemies when they weren't actually colliding.
    • Change: Shooting a swingblocking saberist at close range no longer allows for them to counter attack off of the swing.
    • Change: Speed lunge now has a short delay before being able to start an attack.
    • Fix: Spin now properly gives/takes EE3.
    • Fix: Outlier circumstance where sabers can cause deflect/FP draining logic when in a saberist's hand should no longer happen.
    • Fix: Shots passing through saberists or otherwise not triggering impact collision.
    • Knockback
      • Change: Lowered headshot knockback by 30%.
      • Fix: Not inputting any movement should no longer give drastically different knockback effectiveness.
    • Force Drains
      • Change: Multiplier for being shot in the air increased from 1.4x to 1.5x.
      • Change: Multiplier for being shot while swingblocking no longer applies when in the return phase of the swing.
    • Change: Pulses and Ions now have shock duration drop-off based on how close the splash hits.
  • Anti Team Kill system
    • Fix: Reduced map size based start of round timer by 20%.
    • Fix: Telefrags no longer count as team kills.
    • Fix: Someone dying to continual burning after they're no longer attributing TK points to the original attacker no longer counts as a team kill for the original attacker.
  • ARC:
    • Change: M5 Sniper rate of fire increased from 750 to 650.
    • Fix: M5 Sniper rate of fire will not override primary fire and cause a delay when swapping from scope.
  • SBD:
    • Change: Health increased from 100/125/150/200 to 110/135/160/230.
    • Change: Cortosis
      • Total damage on 1st swing increased from 20% to 30%.
      • Total damage on 2nd swing increased from 40% to 60%.
Maps
  • Change: mb2_enclave
    • Changed hill direction map-wide so that the top of the hill is more in the center of the map, rather than by the objective.
    • Added some small cover in the objective are
    • Added some cover when exiting to the outdoor area on rebel side
    • Various map-wide changes as a result of changing map heights to cover up areas clipping into each other.
    • Reb spawn moves to council room after rebs get in obj area.
Models
  • New: Baylan Skoll & Shin Hati Hilts
  • Change/ Fix: Added jetpack rocket mesh to Mando class Imperial Commandos.

Legends

Villains changelog
  • New class: Stormtrooper Commander
  • New class: Snoova
  • New class: Calo Nord
  • Change: Minor gameplay tweaks
    • Flametrooper
      • Damage given increased by 10% (110%)
      • Speed increased by 0.02 (1.08)
    • Kowakian Monkey-Lizard:
      • Health reduced by 5 (125)
    • Wat Tambor:
      • E-5 ammo increased by 40 (560)
    • Imperial Commando:
      • F-11D Blaster Rifle ammo increased by 100 (700)
    • Sith Assassin:
      • BPmultiplier reduced by 10 (100%)
    • Shadowtrooper:
      • Flipkick reduced by 1 (1)
      • Sniper rifle fpmult increased by 0.1 (1.1)
      • Sniper rifle ammo increased by 2 (12)
    • Magna Guard
      • Reduced jump to level 2
Heroes changelog:
  • New class: Rebel Scout
  • New class: Rebel Elite Trooper
  • New class: Carth Onasi
  • New class: Senate Guard
  • Change: Minor gameplay tweaks
    • Resistance Pilot:
      • EL-16HFE ammo increased by 100 (700)
    • Ewok
      • Health reduced by 30 (120)
    • Jedi Acrobat:
      • BPmultiplier reduced by 10 (100%)
    • Infiltrator:
      • Flipkick reduced by 2 (1)
      • Valken-38x fpmult increased by 0.1 (1.1)
      • Valken-38x ammo increased by 2 (12)
    • Jedi Sage
      • Decreased Saber Defense to level 1
FA
  • FA
    • Change: Kotor melee weapons (Short Sword, long sword, Vibroblade, Vibrosword, Vibrostaff)
      • These saber models can be 'deactivated', allowing them to be weilded whilst using force speed and mindtrick.
    • Change: mb2_kamino
      • Clone Commando:
        • Increased Ammunition
      • Anakin:
        • Fix Double saber damage should now be working
        • increased saber attack speed to 1.1 (previously 1.05)
    • Change: mb2_jeditemple
      • Clone Trooper:
        • DC-15S Blaster should shoot 25% faster, drain 20% more FP, but deal 15% less damage.
      • Clone Aerial:
        • increased respawns by 1 (2)
        • Reduced armor by 40 (40)
      • Clone Defender:
        • increased respawns by 1 (3)
      • Clone Heavy trooper
      • Clone Sniper
      • Shaak Ti
        • Gave default jedi speed and removed blue stance
    • Change: mb2_manaan
      • Minor adjustments to HP/Armor in cases not listed below based on quality/quantity tradeoffs.
      • FA Classes that have melee weapons should move comparatively faster when wielding them to make charging enemies more viable.
      • Sith Sentinel Droid
        • Changed HP/Armor to 20/60
        • Armor no longer regenerates
        • Gave standard SBD movement speed
      • Sith Captain
        • Fix Main blaster weapon should align with intended description.
        • Fix Personal shield should align with intended description
      • Sith Diplomat
        • Fix Personal shield should align with intended description
      • Sith Heavy Trooper
        • Fix rate of fire should match description
      • Mercenary Sharpshooter
        • Increased Armor/HP to 100/100
        • Gave Stamina 3 and Dexterity 3
      • Mercenary Gunslinger
        • Increased Armor/HP to 100/80
        • increased pistol ammunition to 1600
    • Change: mb2_cmp_telos
      • FA Classes that have melee weapons should move comparatively faster when wielding them to make charging enemies more viable.
      • Sith Assassin
        • player slot count limited to 2 (previously 4)
        • HP/Armor reduced to 70/20
        • Speed reduced by 4%
        • AP/BP multipliers set to 1
        • Force sense set to level 1
        • Dash increased to level 2
      • Mandalore
        • Reduced Armor to 115, Gave Beskar 3
      • Kelborn
        • Gave Beskar 2
      • Mandalorian Soldier
        • Gave Beskar 1
    • Change: mb2_cmp_narshaddaa
      • Zez Kai El
        • Fix: Lightsaber model should no longer be missing
      • Twin Suns
        • HP/Armor reduced to 110/20
        • Shield recharge level set to 1 (previously 2)
        • Movement Speed set to 1.15 (previously 1.2)
    • Change: mb2_cmp_onderon
      • Balance tweaks to KOTOR characters and sabers

CMP
  • Change: mb2_cmp_Endor
    • Fixed imp respawns not properly firing
    • Fixed various clipping and performance issues on the map
  • Change: mb2_cmp_FDepot
    • Fixed missing light model
    • Minor adjustments to cover and textures
uM
  • Change: uM_Spice
    • Adjusted side route with more access points and cover towards middle area
Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
cgamei386.so
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
mb2_cmp_assets.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_enclave.pk3
mb2_pbr_assets3.pk3
mb2_pbr_assets4.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels2.pk3
zz_MBModels5.pk3

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name.

In any case, the point is that speed lunge up close wasn't a problem. If you were already shooting at me even as I get close to you and I lunge then you're still going to be hitting me, same as if I were to just get in your face and swing at you. That happens to me a lot actually and I end up off course and completely exposed. The angle doesn't change that much. The main difference is that I'm more vulnerable and I end up further away if it misses or I get shot and redirected, which is usually more disadvantageous for me the speed lunger than it is for you the gunner. Even the argument that being slightly higher up than me, like on the platform at the end of a stairway, or flying away from me as a mando doesn't really hold much weight because I'm at an even better angle for you to shoot me.

Is it frustrating when I hit it? Sure. Is it more annoying than a jedi in your face constantly swing blocking and canceling their swings so they get multiple chances at killing you? Definitely not. This just felt like they wanted to take something fun that less than a handful of people use out of the game for really no reason at all, and as one of those people it's disheartening that my opinion won't matter at all or even get them to reconsider the nerf. I didn't use it because it was good or because it made my job easier, I used it because it was funny and goofy.

Last edited:

Sandy

Community Manager
Internal Beta Team
Afaik speedlunge in it's current hyper-nerfed state isn't meant to stay that way for long they just prioritized getting some of this QoL stuff out first. The process of testing minor tweaks on one thing means testing a bunch of other related things and that's very time consuming. I'd bet speedlunge is gonna get some love in the future

Afaik speedlunge in it's current hyper-nerfed state isn't meant to stay that way for long they just prioritized getting some of this QoL stuff out first. The process of testing minor tweaks on one thing means testing a bunch of other related things and that's very time consuming. I'd bet speedlunge is gonna get some love in the future
Why does it need love? It wasn't a good mechanic before, but it was at least fun. Not every feature needs to be absolutely perfect. Sometimes it's in the eyes of beholder. Now it's not a good mechanic, nor is it fun. It's just nerfed into the ground and boring, and the manufactured range limit is terrible and uncomfortable feeling, and it makes me question why these same limits don't apply for a lot of other abilities in the game.

Them saying it'll get some love in the future isn't comforting either. When? 2 months from now? 3 months from now? In the meantime they could just decide they don't really care, but they'll leave speed lunge the way it is so no one wants to use it.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Very doubtful. From my experience, unnecessary changes like this hardly ever get reverted.

Very doubtful. From my experience, unnecessary changes like this hardly ever get reverted.
I definitely don't expect it to get reverted, which is also why I don't see myself playing again. The last thing I actually enjoyed and they had to ruin it when no one asked for them to. It's like they just wanted me to stop playing or something. lol

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
The delay on the start might be a little too long and is easy to adjust. I do have a handful and a half of things I'd like to add to and change for speed lunge to make it a lot less clunky and generally more versatile and fun (e.g. using it in melee, being able to wallgrab out of it).

The delay on the start might be a little too long and is easy to adjust. I do have a handful and a half of things I'd like to add to and change for speed lunge to make it a lot less clunky and generally more versatile and fun (e.g. using it in melee, being able to wallgrab out of it).
Did you even test it? The delay is long enough that you can't even activate your saber before you get locked into the recovery animation. You're literally stuck looking like a complete moron for 4 seconds because you were just a little too close to someone else. That's not good or fun.

Like I said in the other thread, you were better off not touching it at all until you had a concrete idea of what you actually wanted to do with it. Now you've appeased the scrimlords of the community, but everyone else that just used it because it was funny are stuck to deal with it until you decide what you want to do with it. How does that make any sense for a community this small?

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
The delay should only be ~200 or 250ms so I'm not sure why it would have suddenly jumped to 4 seconds despite testing it before the big release button got pushed.

The delay should only be ~200 or 250ms so I'm not sure why it would have suddenly jumped to 4 seconds despite testing it before the big release button got pushed.
A second in the air, a second for the landing and a little more than a second for recovery? Like, you have to stop skidding to a halt before you start recovering. That's a pretty long time to be completely exposed. lol

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I'll clarify more clearly:
Speed lunge's full time if not touched is something like 2650ms in code. The time at which you can start the swing during that animation is 2400ms (so 250ms from start time). That doesn't have anything to do with the landing/recovery phase or timing.

I'll clarify more clearly:
Speed lunge's full time if not touched is something like 2650ms in code. The time at which you can start the swing during that animation is 2400ms (so 250ms from start time). That doesn't have anything to do with the landing/recovery phase or timing.
You can show me numbers but I'll still tell you it feels like shit. Go and use it within what you think the minimum range is and tell me it doesn't feel terrible. When I used it yesterday I wasn't even particularly close to the person I was lunging at and I still wasn't able to activate my saber, then I was locked for what felt like ages.

I'm glad you have come up with a stop-gap solution for the particularly nasty speed lunge interaction that resulted in an unfair death. Little steps in the right direction to restore gun-saber balance.

I'm certain the community's feedback of telling you how to do your (unpaid) job, that you don't care for them, and that you pander to a particular community will motivate you to readdress speed lunge in the very near future! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I'm glad you have come up with a stop-gap solution for the particularly nasty speed lunge interaction that resulted in an unfair death. Little steps in the right direction to restore gun-saber balance.

I'm certain the community's feedback of telling you how to do your (unpaid) job, that you don't care for them, and that you pander to a particular community will motivate you to readdress speed lunge in the very near future! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!
shut up nerd

Unfair? Barely anyone uses it lmfao you should be complaining about push range or speed