custom models-movie battles 2 (plz read)

Fluffy |> said:
Each class now has a "default" and "custom" model list. You no longer need to create replacement models for classes and can add it as a custom model under a specific class. Players without that model present will see the default model for that class............................................................................................................................................................................................ (me) i made a custom jedi!! making my own pk3 file with the model_default.skin stuff..........what about the custom models section in MB2??/ is it model_custom.skin? i need to know the text commands so i can use the custom section of MOVIE BATTLES 2 im replacing mace with a custom rn.

Attachments

• 345460646_999226667730706_6153497448480522673_n.jpg
    345460646_999226667730706_6153497448480522673_n.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 85
D

Deleted member 8224

i literally read that already and i still don't understand is why im making a post.... everything hes saying is hard to comprehend all i want to know is what do i label custom jedi as and where to put it at i already have a pk3.....i just dont understand if its not model.default.skin what is it?

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
Fluffy |> said:
i need to know the text commands so i can use the custom section of MOVIE BATTLES 2 im replacing mace with a custom rn.
Replacing Mace Windu and adding a model to the custom tab are slightly different procedures.

In the custom model tutorial, it instructs you to create a .cm and name the model folder something unique, but if you want to replace an existing model, you need to name the file the same as the model you're trying to replace. The easiest way to find this is to hop into MBII play as the model you want to replace and when you're actually playing, in the console type "model", this will yield the model's filename.

Best way to do this is while at the main menu, open the console and type "devmap mb2_echobase"(or any preferred map), this will start a private server for yourself, very useful when testing mods c:

1d50737cd7c59ba25bc885bf9579350b.png

So in this instance, if you wanted to replace the default model for Mace, you would name your model's file "macewindu" and the skin would be called "model_default.skin". For clarity, when I say model file, I mean the file located under models\players\

Make sure when renaming the file, to also go into the .skin and change the written file paths so they match with the new file name.

EZ PZ, you've replaced a model! Now when playing with your replacement model, people without the mod will see the MBII default Mace Windu, and you will see your custom one!

Replacing Mace Windu and adding a model to the custom tab are slightly different procedures.

In the custom model tutorial, it instructs you to create a .cm and name the model folder something unique, but if you want to replace an existing model, you need to name the file the same as the model you're trying to replace. The easiest way to find this is to hop into MBII play as the model you want to replace and when you're actually playing, in the console type "model", this will yield the model's filename.

Best way to do this is while at the main menu, open the console and type "devmap mb2_echobase"(or any preferred map), this will start a private server for yourself, very useful when testing mods c:

So in this instance, if you wanted to replace the default model for Mace, you would name your model's file "macewindu" and the skin would be called "model_default.skin". For clarity, when I say model file, I mean the file located under models\players\

Make sure when renaming the file, to also go into the .skin folder and change the written file paths so they match with the new file name.

EZ PZ, you've replaced a model! Now when playing with your replacement model, people without the mod will see the MBII default Mace Windu, and you will see your custom one!
its not a skin its a custom model..... its my custom jedi ...im already doing the skin replacement im looking for the custom model section in mb2 and how to import my custom jedi

its not a skin its a custom model..... its my custom jedi ...im already doing the skin replacement im looking for the custom model section in mb2 and how to import my custom jedi and i just read your stuff as i was texing my bad

Make sure when renaming the file, to also go into the .skin and change the written file paths so they match with the new file name.

1659199641388-png.6938
the problem is i dont know what this indicates the guy that made this was saying big words.....is it custom model text for for the pk3 orrrr? because i already know how to replace jedis in mb2 and have a pk3 file ready.... but looking at this idk what these text is supposed to go on of im using a custom jedi model.

that's what i don't want to happen i want people to see it but i pat myself on the back learning that

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
The .cm file determines what shows up in the custom tab. The best way to read/write that:
the mb_class_x sets what class the model applies to, so anything written under mb_class_sith will put the model in the custom tab for sith
desann/default is telling the game the file path for the model and skin, the model's file name is "desann" and the .skin file is called "model_default.skin"

so for you it would look something like this
mb_class_jedi
MyJedi/default

its not a skin its a custom model.....
I'm not too sure what you mean here, you can use a custom model to replace any current model, I wouldn't consider that a skin.
If you're confused as to why you need the .skin file, this tells the game what textures go where onto the actual model itself, you can have multiple .skin files for one model, but every model needs at least one.

Last edited:

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
that's what i don't want to happen i want people to see it but i pat myself on the back learning that
No matter what, all mods are client side. So unless you share your .pk3 with others, you will be the only person able to see your new jedi.
if you do share your .pk3 with others, they will see your jedi in the custom tab, and also see it on you while you're using it.

Also, if you go this route of not replacing the an existing model, people will see the default class skin when you're using models from the custom tab.

No matter what, all mods are client side. So unless you share your .pk3 with others, you will be the only person able to see your new jedi.
if you do share your .pk3 with others, they will see your jedi in the custom tab, and also see it on you while you're using it.

Also, if you go this route of not replacing the an existing model, people will see the default class skin when you're using models from the custom tab.
thats confusing a bit so i cant put my custom jedi in the custom tab?? i thought it was for custom creation.... not to share pk3 file to see it on this tab.....

Attachments

• 345865267_3060017124305154_3124661174852743528_n.jpg
    345865267_3060017124305154_3124661174852743528_n.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 82

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
You absolutely can put your Jedi in the custom tab

The custom and extra tabs are essentially the same thing, but as we transition from the old system, both are available to use so old model packs don't break right away, giving some time for pack creators to update.

The custom tab reads the new .cm file and uses that to determine what model goes to what class
The extra tab, reads the old naming system (+jed_modelname) and uses that instead

If you were looking for a way to show off your custom model to others without sharing the pk3, I'm sorry but that's not possible at the moment.

You absolutely can put your Jedi in the custom tab

The custom and extra tabs are essentially the same thing, but as we transition from the old system, both are available to use so old model packs don't break right away, giving some time for pack creators to update.

The custom tab reads the new .cm file and uses that to determine what model goes to what class
The extra tab, reads the old naming system (+jed_modelname) and uses that instead

If you were looking for a way to show off your custom model to others without sharing the pk3, I'm sorry but that's not possible at the moment.
u have gave valuable information no videos specifically talk about this im so glad u simplified it and very aware now very helpful stuff srry u had to put up with me text lol.

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
Glad I could help! Feel free to ask if you need help with anything else :D

Jvne

Internal Beta Team
US Official Server Admin
Sure thing lol
yes, you have to create a .cm file. It's basically a blank slate where you put the model directories.

They look like this
attached is a blank setup for a .cm, export the zip to your pack directory :D

Attachments

• ext_data.zip
    555 bytes · Views: 110