Not a bug Lightning superpush is not working.

As in the thread, you can pull someone, but you can't perform superpush with lightning. Also would be nice if devs would take intrest in forcewhore bugs, because superpush and repulse are not working so often that it's not fun to play it :)

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Also would be nice if devs would take intrest in forcewhore bugs, because superpush and repulse are not working so often that it's not fun to play it :)
Bugs that don't get reported, or mentioned vaguely like this, don't get fixed. :)

As in the thread, you can pull someone, but you can't perform superpush with lightning.
It's not exactly clear if you're reporting a new issue or something longstanding. If it's not new, it's possible this was an intentional balance choice.

EDIT: So the reason it's 'not working' is you're trying to do it too quickly.

Push/pull share a cooldown check that lightning doesn't care about. If you satisfy the conditions for a lightning push when starting to use lightning then it will try to push but do nothing due to that still being on cooldown.

This could be resolved by preventing lightning from working at all if lightning push conditions are satisfied but push/pull are on cooldown, a nerf which would make lightning feel clunkier to use. Alternately, the push aspect of lightning push could ignore push/pull cooldown, a buff that could also result in nearly instant yeets across the map.

Last edited:
Thanks for a quick reply. Reporting superpush and repulse bugs is problematic because it doesnt't work in so many places. Basicly if wall is not flat it often doesn't deal any damage but it also happens when walls are flat.

Thanks for a quick reply. Reporting superpush and repulse bugs is problematic because it doesnt't work in so many places. Basicly if wall is not flat it often doesn't deal any damage but it also happens when walls are flat.
The problem with it is that if the devs can't reproduce the bugs/issues people report they can't fix it. That's why it's so important to include a video, demo or clear steps of how to reproduce it in such cases.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Well it's always been a little jank, though I'm not even sure it's intended to consistently do a ton of damage when hitting walls. Not a part of the code I plan to dive into either way.

I'm going to go with the latter option for this issue since I don't think it particularly will have a balance impact (you spend almost all of your points to get pull 3 / push 3 / lightning 3 anyway).

Why not keeping the current iteration, all in all this looks like it's working, as long as the lightning user respect the timing. This makes the lightning-pull/push user even more knowledgeable of the dark side after all. It's always nice to know such niche timing...

something ive wanted changing for so long now is the repulse damage, exactly what you said happens nearly every time you are able to land a repulse or superpush, they usually take like 40 dmg or nothing at all even if you smash them into the wall from point blank

was there even a good reason for repulse nerf all those patches ago or what?

its like to kill even soldiers you have to have a flat wall, then send them flying nearly perfectly straight into it

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
When exactly did repulse get nerfed? This sounds like some rumor someone made up that got out of control.

When exactly did repulse get nerfed? This sounds like some rumor someone made up that got out of control.
surely something has changed be it the damage from being pushed into walls or repulse directly, because im just so sure i haven't gaslit myself into thinking that something is different from like 3 years ago.

i think it was to do with how common those super loud ear rapes were from when you repulsed or superpushed someone into a weird space, and then after some point (idk when) those became less common and the damage on both seems much less