•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Random broken textures

Hello I've reinstalled the game after changing my PC components and now I got multiple broken textures.
Odd thing is that whenever I use the repair function, both with Jedi Academy through Steam and MB2 through the launcher, it will repair some textures and break others. There's always at least one broken/missing texture.

I've had a few games having problems with the newest CPUs (mine is an Intel core i5 12600k), could it be related?

Here's a few pictures to illustrate what I'm talking about :

bug1.jpg
bug2.jpg
bug3.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Are you using the CPU for graphics (integrated) rather than a dedicated GPU?

The examples in that image aren't the normal 'broken texture' you see when an asset is missing - that's a gray box with white edges. This is all white, which makes me think it is indeed some kind of Intel driver error when handling certain shaders.

Are you using the CPU for graphics (integrated) rather than a dedicated GPU?

The examples in that image aren't the normal 'broken texture' you see when an asset is missing - that's a gray box with white edges. This is all white, which makes me think it is indeed some kind of Intel driver error when handling certain shaders.
When I check in the "Show Driver Info" in the Graphics Options 3 settings it says I am using my RTX 2060.

I am also using a Reshade but it never caused any problems before that and disabling it doesn't seem to change anything.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Okay, not sure then. The game and mod work fine on Nvidia GPUs so there must be something else causing the issue.

dwarf

Donator
Hello I've reinstalled the game after changing my PC components and now I got multiple broken textures.
Odd thing is that whenever I use the repair function, both with Jedi Academy through Steam and MB2 through the launcher, it will repair some textures and break others. There's always at least one broken/missing texture.

I've had a few games having problems with the newest CPUs (mine is an Intel core i5 12600k), could it be related?

Here's a few pictures to illustrate what I'm talking about :

View attachment 6915View attachment 6916View attachment 6917

Thank you in advance.
Have you tried downloading the mod manually as a zip file and placing the files inside your game data without the aid of the launcher?

Have you tried downloading the mod manually as a zip file and placing the files inside your game data without the aid of the launcher?
Okay so I did just that, and switched to the MBII Client engine just to check and now I have these kinds of broken textures...
bug.png

EDIT: so yeah again I did the "repair game" function both in Steam and in the launcher, both didn't do anything

So this has reached a new level of bugginess, now some textures actually reflect the content of my screen.

bug.png

So yeah I could almost read the chat on my guns when this happened.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So this has reached a new level of bugginess, now some textures actually reflect the content of my screen.

I have only seen this happen if the level/map youre playing on has too much light data. Though nothing currently in MB2 should be causing that.

After reading all the responses here the only thing I can think of is to check if you are still using that reshade mod. If so just try doing a complete reinstall of JKA and MB2 and see if that changes anything.

Well after reinstalling everything again it's a bit better. Not perfect cause there are still broken textures here and there but I can't seem to be able to fix those.