Dojo V2.1 - Progress Update

A long time ago I was part of a community called the MBU (Movie Battles Universe), something some may remember.
Part of my role there was to create maps for the community to use for events and training.

Back then I went by the name "Zeke Asakura" or just "Zeke".
To cut a long story short, one of these maps was ported to UM (thanks Frenz) with a few changes, I've seen this get a lot of use on the duel servers I frequent so I thought it was time to make a new version of it that takes advantage of duel mode.

The original map was called mbu_saber_training_v2 whilst Dojo is just V1, to save confusion I'll call it Dojo V2 here.
Duel mode didn't exist back when this was originally made (13 years ago!).

Goals for this new version:
- Have different rooms in good range of both Sith and Jedi spawns (no more running for ages if you are a sith).
- Make use of some of the assets I have made for my unreleased maps
- Cram as much in to the map as possible without affecting frames and maximising fun

I've been working on this for 3 days so far, it looks very similar to V1 but I will break the mould on it and tweak things as I go on.
Main differences so far is MORE ARCHES and night time.

Attaching progress as it stands, main courtyard has had some detailing done, lighting still needs work as it's overly bright.

Feedback welcome!

shot2020-08-22_01-39-41.jpg

shot2020-08-22_01-39-47.jpg

shot2020-08-22_01-40-41.jpg

shot2020-08-22_01-54-19.jpg

shot2020-08-22_01-54-30.jpg

shot2020-08-22_01-54-47.jpg

Upvote 0
Honestly, seeing the current version so much actually got boring for people (including myself).
It needed a fresh paint job and something to mix things up a bit.

People who know me know at some point I began to hate playing my own map.

This is probably the last update that I will release for the Dojo series outside of bug fixes and tweaks as it is currently more than double the size of the original in terms of functional space (excluding corridors and transition rooms).

I will likely start to look at creating an open map next but I know a lot more is involved with this as opposed to duel mode.

Hey all,

A few people have been asking about Dojo V3 lately.

Thought I would drop a few teaser screenshots here for people to see some of the changes/improvements made to the new version of the map.

The new version will not be V3 but will be an overhaul to V2 with many fun new additions for people to explore, the existing V2 version will be replaced by this one but retain the same um_dojo_v2 map name.

I have purposefully kept the new areas out of the screenshots, you will see them when you boot the map up when this is released (whenever the new patch comes out I guess).

The lighting of the map has been completely overhauled to bring in more contrast between light and dark areas, all existing rooms have been gone over and improved lighting wise. It is a lot more vibrant and contrasting as opposed to the current version which feels a bit flat now.

This is definitely an upgrade.
Want to buy more sloped ceilings, or a ceiling rollercoaster. Will pay with like on forum.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
Honestly, seeing the current version so much actually got boring for people (including myself).
It needed a fresh paint job and something to mix things up a bit.

People who know me know at some point I began to hate playing my own map.

This is probably the last update that I will release for the Dojo series outside of bug fixes and tweaks as it is currently more than double the size of the original in terms of functional space (excluding corridors and transition rooms).

I will likely start to look at creating an open map next but I know a lot more is involved with this as opposed to duel mode.
Yeah i started to hate it too since Sentinel is the only active duel server and it runs dojo 24/7

Hessu

Internal Beta Team
It's like each time you play it's always when it's not something else. But RTV is enabled (When it doesnt crash on its own!). And everyone is encouraged in the admin team to propose map switching.
Yeah each time im on, its on dojo. Unfortunately people dont rtv or its crashed