Moviebattles II V1.9 Released

iwCSA26.png

V1.9 Update
General
  • New / Change: Created supplemental setting save system for JAMP engine clients to work around engine issues with parsing large config files. This will allow more freedom to add settings in future development. JAMP users should take note of these changes:
    • Most MBII-specific cvars will now be saved to extra config files named jampconfig_ext_[module].cfg. The modules are ui, cgame, and game. Like jampconfig.cfg these are stored in the MBII folder.
    • Existing saved settings in jampconfig.cfg cannot be cleared due to engine limitations. This means the file may still exceed the maximum size (16KB) and reset depending on usage. This should only happen once, after which the new config will be much smaller. JAMP users should backup their config (or just the key bindings at the top of the file) so if a reset occurs, bindings can be restored.
  • Change: Some settings for the anti-teamkill system are now restricted in range to prevent it being effectively disabled. This restriction does not apply if the server is passworded or the map is loaded with cheats enabled. The new limits are:
    • TK_Spec: 750 or less
    • TK_Kick: 1000 or less
    • TK_RemovePerRound: 100 or less
    • TK_TempBanForRounds: 2 or more
  • Change: Score values have been updated.
    • Team Primary Objective Win score (including time win) granted to all players on a team has been increased from 8 points to 25
    • Team Secondary Objective score granted to all players based on number of secondary objectives completed (and present in a map) on a win has increased from 4 to 10 points
    • User primary objective completion score has been increased from 12 to 25. This value adds on top of team primary objective scores.
    • User secondary objective completion score has been increased from 6 to 20.
  • Fix: Physics for non-droideka vehicles will now behave more like base. This fixes long standing issues with swoops scraping the ground and fighters being unable to fly down after touching terrain.​

Capture the Flag
  • Feature: Capture The Flag
    • Capture The Flag has two variants. 2 flag and 1 flag.
      • 2 flag is like traditional CTF. Capture the enemy flag and take it back to your base.
      • 1 flag has a neutral flag placed in a central location, that you need to take to the enemy base to capture.
    • CTF Rounds last up to 12 minutes depending on the level settings with a default flag capture limit of 3 (controlled by cvar flaglimit). If time is up and the score is even, the game will enter a 1 minute "Overtime". The overtime will end once the minute is up or one of the teams scores.
    • Once the round is over, teams will swap sides of the map if g_CTFSpawnRotation is enabled.
    • A new server cvar g_classlimitsCTF dictates class limits for CTF maps. By default, Droidekas are limited to 2.
    • CTF has a new respawning system. Instead of having a limited number of lives in a round there are now "infinite" lives. However, respawns are no longer instant, and each class has a respawn timer. Reinforcement point count is also taken into consideration.
      • Baseline respawn times:
        • 1 Life Classes: 42 Seconds
        • 2 Life Classes: 24 Seconds
        • 3 Life Classes: 10 Seconds
        • Changing class: 50 seconds
      • On low population servers the respawn times above will be halved until there are more than 8 in-game players. Respawn time will then scale up until the maximum time is reached at 16 players.
      • In Full Authentic / Legends mode, the system works the same until a class has more than 2 extra lives. Every extra life beyond 2 reduces the respawn timer by 2 seconds until instant. FA authors may also use the new MBCH key respawnCustomTime to simply specify a maximum respawn time.
    • Anti-teamkill system:
      • Due to generally longer round times and respawns, teamkill points are reduced after enough time without teamkilling has passed instead of after a certain number of rounds. This interval is based on existing cvar TK_ForgiveAfterRounds, which here determines the interval in minutes when TK_RemovePerRound is applied (every 2 minutes / 50 removed by default).
      • If you surpass the "kill" TK threshold, you will be executed and given a much longer multiple-minute respawn timer.
    • Flag Carrying Restrictions: Certain abilities cannot be used while carrying the flag, and will drop the flag on use.
      • Force Speed
      • Force Mind Trick
      • Jetpack
      • Droideka Roll
      • Wookiee Rage.
    • Flag Carrying Debuffs: Certain abilities get debuffs when used while carrying the flag
      • Force Jump - Drains more while using jump. (2.5x)
      • Running - Movement speed is reduced by 10% while running.
    • When a flag is dropped, it cannot be instantly returned by its team and will have to be recaptured. To recapture it you must stand within the capture area around the flag for 5 seconds. The flag will automatically return to its base if untouched for 30 seconds.
    • Each flag and base has a 3D Objective icon and radar icon to indicate location. If a flag is stolen, the team it was stolen from will see the location icons flash on the screen periodically.
    • CTF Has some specific score values for doing tasks.
      • Scoring the flag will give you 50 points
      • Picking up the flag will grant you 4 points
      • Killing the enemy flag carrier will give you 20 points
      • Killing someone who damages your flag carrier within 8 seconds of them doing so, will grant you 8 points
      • Killing someone within a 1000 unit radius of your flags base point will grant you a defense point bonus of 8 points.
      • Killing someone within 1000 units of your flag carrier will grant you a defense point bonus of 6 points.

UI
  • New: Added option to reduce opacity of siege objective help icons (cg_helpIconOpacity / Settings > UI > UI Options 2).
  • Change: Team Overlay now indicates if an ally is carrying a flag and dead allies will be shown with their respawn timer (if there are not enough living players to display).
  • Change: Updated flag status indicator icons and position. Flags also contain the team's faction symbol (based on map's .siege).
  • Change: Round timer and other nearby HUD elements are now hidden when Join menus are open.
  • Change / Fix: Scoreboard - Part 1
    • Updated style to match the current UI.
    • Adjusted layout of teams summary section at the top and added total alive and total lives counts (based on reinforcements).
    • Added assists to the main scoreboard and some column headers now use icons to save horizontal space.
    • Added score, rounds, kills, and deaths to the personal player stats at the bottom.
    • Team player counts will update immediately if a dead player swaps teams, instead of only when the next round begins.
    • Dead players will now be grayed out in the scoreboard, rather than showing "DEAD" in the lives section.
    • The ready symbol during intermission is now a checkmark instead of an "R"
    • Ping now colors its value based on your ping to make it more clear if you have a good or bad ping.
    • Raised chat height when in scoreboard to match new UI.
    • Your spectator player name will no longer show things like score, KDA and will now only show ping and your name to save space.
    • Alternating player rows will now have a darker background to make it slightly easier to read.
    • Teams now have total score values at the bottom of the scoreboard for score, kills, deaths, and assists.
    • More changes will be coming later, including a better breakdown of your own individual point score in the lower section.
  • Change: Added and updated several tips for the loading screen.
  • Fix: The directional arrows in the bar indicating capture zone capture progress should display properly now.
  • Fix: Map delay timers without a message will display with the correct position and reduced background size.
  • Fix: A join bug that could be triggered by switching to spectator then opening the class config menu directly via bind, without selecting a team again, should be resolved.

Models
  • New: Added Female TIE Pilot to Imperial Soldiers.
  • New: Added Azanti Zhug to Bounty Hunters. (KOTOR II / Nar Shadda FA)
  • Change: Added a few new voicelines for Grievous. Updated action sounds.
  • Change: Added a few new voicelines for Exar Kun.
  • Change: Upgraded quality of some Gamorrean lines.
  • Change: Spiced up B1 Battledroid soundsets from Battlefront (2004), RotS video game and more. (Special thanks to Cooling)
  • Fix: Final UV tweaks on the recent alien squad skins.
  • Fix: Cleaned up all stormie related sounds from clonetrooper soundsets, thus made them more consistent.

Maps
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Backstreets
  • New: 1 & 2 Flag CTF Deathstar
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Eravana
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Imperial Garrison
  • New: 1 Flag CTF Jedi Temple
  • New: 1 & 2 Flag CTF Scarif
  • New: 1 Flag CTF Star Destroyer
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Theed Assault
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Tusken Campsite
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Yavin Temple
  • New / Change / Fix: mb2_snowfacility
    • Migrated from the CMP.
    • Added minimap and 3D objective icons.
    • Many visual fixes, clipping improvements, and some optimization.
    • Defender spawns move back to the objective when attackers enter the generator room or command center.
    • Attacker spawns move up to the outdoor area when the secondary objective is completed.
    • Increased size of secondary objective so it is easier to shoot.
  • Change: mb2_theed
    • Central service route no longer on timer and exit door is one-way.
  • Fix: mb2_echobase
    • Corrected a lighting issue introduced in the map's previous update.
  • Fix: mb2_duel_tusken
    • Fix missing model textures
    • Added target_locations.
  • Fix: mb2_sdestroyer
    • Minimap, Obj screen updates.
    • Fix lighting on tie bomber.
    • Fix some texture alignments.
    • Fix some duplicate brushes in imp spawn.
    • AI Upscaled the skybox images.
CMP
  • New / Change: 2 Flag CTF Ascension
    • Several fixes to FA character and weapon visuals.
  • Change / Fix: mb2_cmp_duel_calodan
    • Increased the height of the ceiling
    • Adjusted the terrain so it is easier to get out of the water
    • Increased map FPS by making it so the water no longer reflects everything
  • Change / Fix: mb2_cmp_hotel
    • Mon Mothma now has team affinity so teamkilling generates TK points.
    • Fixed Leia FA model skin.
  • Change / Fix: mb2_cmp_narshaddaa
    • Main and Swoop area open 10 seconds after a console has been hacked but Garage door opens instantly.
    • Added a turret under the Ebon Hawk to protect the final objective.
    • Added 4 second delay to open Promenade doors (to prevent defenders being rocketed at spawn).
    • Pit ventilation/jump pads now starts 15 seconds after attackers enter the main area.
  • Change: mb2_cmp_raxus
    • Added minimap and 3D objective icons.
  • Remove: mb2_cmp_snowfacility
uMad
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Rift
  • New / Change: 2 Flag CTF Ocean Temple
  • New / Change: 2 Flag CTF Medievil
  • New / Change: 2 Flag CTF Bespin
    • Added spawn rooms to both sides.
  • New / Change: 2 Flag CTF Coruscant
    • Clipped sections of the map that are not accessible by all classes.
  • New / Change: 2 Flag CTF Nar Shaddaa
  • Change / Fix: uM Bespin / Bespin Night / Bespin Tournament
    • Fixed skybox seams
    • Removed various entities to help with map stability for when the player count exceeds 20
    • Simplified the brush work of the new building and flower pots to increase map FPS
    • The Yavin secret area has been expanded and renamed to, "The Grove"
  • Remove: um_gib_imperial
MGMP
  • New: 2 Flag CTF Halo Beaver Creek
Cumulative Map Name Changes
Note: Single flag CTF maps use the prefix PTF (plant the flag).
Code:
--Added
mb2_ctf_backstreets
mb2_ctf_deathstar
mb2_ctf_eravana
mb2_ctf_imperial
mb2_ctf_scarif
mb2_ctf_theed
mb2_ctf_tusken
mb2_ctf_yavin
mb2_ptf_deathstar
mb2_ptf_jeditemple
mb2_ptf_scarif
mb2_ptf_sdestroyer
mb2_snowfacility
mb2_cmp_ctf_ascension
um_ctf_medievil
um_ctf_rift
halo_ctf_bc
--Removed
mb2_cmp_ascension
mb2_cmp_snowfacility
um_gib_imperial
um_medievil

Changed Files ( Manual / Server Downloads )
Code:
--MBII
01_MovieGameMappack.pk3
03_MovieGameMappack.pk3
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.nopp.so
jampgamei386.so
MB_Effects.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
mb2_deathstar.pk3
mb2_echobase.pk3
mb2_eravana.pk3
mb2_jeditemple.pk3
mb2_republiccruiser.pk3
mb2_scarif.pk3
mb2_sdestroyer.pk3
mb2_tatooine.pk3
mb2_theed.pk3
mb2_um_assets.pk3
mb2_um_assets2.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
mb2_um_assets4.pk3
mb2_yavinassault.pk3
MBAssets.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBAssets4.pk3
MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt
mb2_cmp Map List.txt
03_MovieGameMappack Map List.txt
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3
zz_MBModels3.pk3
zz_MBModels4.pk3
server_config_default.cfg

Changelog Legend
New - New feature or addition to the game.
Change - Changes to the game.
Fix - Bug fix.
Remove - Removed feature.
Feature - New feature name.

im before bed lazy rn but tl-dr

COOL
Compared to Siege mode, CTF blasts it outta the park.
Fun in open

INBETWEEN
respawn timers (dunno what exatly ticks me? think its reinforcement based ones)
Imps op? (firenade blocking, deka, mando, raw firepower?)

BALANCING
Deka/mando must be adjusted somehow (avoid mando using more jet fuel tho)
spawntrapping (at least on deathstar, needs to be some kinda portal exit or alternative spawn route)

NEEDS
Refill stations (pointless suiciding is pointless, add HP/AMMO modules, debatable on shield.)

DEBATABLE
mall community + new game mode = further division of community

Priority:

Balancing > Refilling stations > rest
Quite agree concerning spawntrap and community division

Ok, let's talk CTF. I'll preface this by saying that I don't like CTF as a concept in general. I used to play a lot of TF2, and Arena mode, which is basically mb2 Open, was my favourite, and CTF was one of my least favourites.

First off, I think it's a cool addition and breath of fresh air that provides an interesting alternative to Open gameplay. MB2 has gotten a bit stale over the years, so this kind of content is very welcome. However, I do think there is work to be done, and even if it gets perfected it's not all good. Let's try to list the good and bad.

Good:
- It's new. What more can I say? MB2 has been kinda dry on content for a long time, so a new mode like this will definitely make a lot of people happy, or at least interested.
- Respawns. This helps noobs and poorly performing players tremendously. Instead of sitting in spec for 3 minutes every round in open, they can actually play, die, respawn, repeat and learn in the process much quicker than in Open.
- CTF Deathstar - an amazing map, not much else to say. Very cool.
- Reliance on teamwork - the mode promotes team play, which is a very good thing. You actually see players stick together and use sold + rally combos in CTF, which isn't all that common in Open.
- New scoreboard - not necessarily related to CTF, but it did come in this update, and it's very good, even if it needs a few finishing touches.

Bad:
- It's new, and it's gonna split the playerbase even more. Let's be real, even if it's not classified as a separate mode, it is one. It will gather a following that will play CTF ONLY, which will impact other modes' population. And let's be real, MB2 playerbase is not big enough to support the huge number of modes we have.
- Respawns. While they do help to reduce the frustration of dying, they also almost completely rob you of the satisfaction of killing someone. When you kill someone in Open it matters, as they are out for the rest of the round. Feelz good! When you kill someone in CTF you don't really care, as you know they will come back soon enough, and in case of rally solds, they come back almost immediately, which turns this mode into a glorified team deathmatch meatgrinder, where players die and respawn all around. The sheer intensity of this meatgrinder makes it hard for me to play it for more than 30 minutes sometimes.
- HP/Ammo - this is related to respawns. As it stands right now, you either go for a class with infinite resources (saberist/deka), get ammo 3 (maybe even 2 guns), or you have to literally suicide once you run out. This aspect of CTF is honestly broken at the moment, and to fix it you simply have to look at the aforementioned TF2. Add healthpacks/ammo packs throughout the map or resupply lockers at the spawn, or something along those lines.
- The maps - I love CTF deathstar, but most other maps are honestly bad (sorry). Literally makes you wanna leave after 5 minutes of playing on most CTF maps.
- Reliance on teamwork - your individual performance barely matters at all, unlike in Open. It's cool if this is what you were going for, but if your team isn't super coordinated (which it usually isn't), you can't accomplish anything. When I played CTF, most rounds ended with like 1 flag captured, and the rest of the time spent with both teams sitting at their spawns with enemy flags, not being able to cap it, but also not being able to get their own flag back.

All in all, a mode I don't like and probably won't like, but I can see it being good if it gets worked on and improved (maps and hp/ammo issues). I personally would rather play Open where kills matter and individual performance is important. And since CTF will definitely have its own diehard community, it will impact Open's player numbers, which I don't like. But I guess there's nothing to be done about it at this point. If only we had a bigger playerbase.... but I digress.

Is it a good addition overall? Yeah, definitely. Does it have problems? Yeah, definitely. Can they be fixed? Yes, but not all them, just because of the nature of the CTF mode.

Last edited:
Ok, let's talk CTF. I'll preface this by saying that I don't like CTF as a concept in general. I used to play a lot of TF2, and Arena mode, which is basically mb2 Open, was my favourite, and CTF was one of my least favourites.

First off, I think it's a cool addition and breath of fresh air that provides an interesting alternative to Open gameplay. MB2 has gotten a bit stale over the years, so this kind of content is very welcome. However, I do think there is work to be done, and even if it gets perfected it's not all good. Let's try to list the good and bad.

Good:
- It's new. What more can I say? MB2 has been kinda dry on content for a long time, so a new mode like this will definitely make a lot of people happy, or at least interested.
- Respawns. This helps noobs and poorly performing players tremendously. Instead of sitting in spec for 3 minutes every round in open, they can actually play, die, respawn, repeat and learn in the process much quicker than in Open.
- Reliance on teamwork - the mode promotes team play, which is a very good thing. You actually see player stick together and use sold + rally combos in CTF, which isn't all that common in Open.
- New scoreboard - not necessarily related to CTF, but it did come in this update, and it's very good, even if it needs a few finishing touches.

Bad:
- It's new, and it's gonna split the playerbase even more. Let's be real, even if it's not classified as a separate mode, it is one. It will gather a following that will play CTF ONLY, which will impact other modes' population. And let's be real, MB2 playerbase is not big enough to support the huge number of modes we have.
- Respawns. While they do help to reduce the frustration of dying, they also almost completely rob you of the satisfaction of killing someone. When you kill someone in Open it matters, as they are out for the rest of the round. Feelz good! When you kill someone in CTF you don't really care, as you know they will come back soon enough, and in case of rally solds, they come back almost immediately, which turns this mode into a glorified team deathmatch meatgrinder, where players die and respawn all around. The sheer intensity of this meatgrinder makes it hard for me to play it for more than 30 minutes sometimes.
- HP/Ammo - this is related to respawns. As it stands right now, you either go for a class with infinite resources (saberist/deka), get ammo 3 (maybe even 2 guns), or you have to literally suicide once you run out. This aspect of CTF is honestly broken at the moment, and to fix it you simply have to look at the aforementioned TF2. Add healthpacks/ammo packs throughout the map or resupply lockers at the spawn, or something along those lines.
- The maps - I love CTF deathstar, but most other maps are honestly bad (sorry). Literally makes you wanna leave after 5 minutes of playing on most CTF maps.
- Reliance on teamwork - your individual performance barely matters at all, unlike in Open. It's cool if this is what you were going for, but if your team isn't super coordinated (which it usually isn't), you can't accomplish anything. When I played most rounds ended with like 1 flag captured, and the rest of the time spent with both teams sitting at their spawns with enemy flags, not being able to cap it, but also not being able to get their own flag back.

All in all, a mode I don't like and probably won't like, but I can see it being good if it gets worked on and improved (maps and hp/ammo issues). I personally would rather play Open where kills matter and individual performance is important. And since CTF will definitely have its own diehard community, it will impact Open's player numbers, which I don't like. But I guess there's nothing to be done about it at this point. If only we had a bigger playerbase.... but I digress.

Is it a good addition overall? Yeah, definitely. Does it have problems? Yeah, definitely. Can they be fixed? Yes, but not all them, just because of the nature of the CTF mode.
To gain an ammount of playerbase, WE could spray that mode to star Wars content creators on YouTube etc...it's work when that guys present MB2 as a great mod to replace BF2 2019 and i think it's only by communication that WE CAN reach that objectives

When I played most rounds ended with like 1 flag captured, and the rest of the time spent with both teams sitting at their spawns with enemy flags, not being able to cap it, but also not being able to get their own flag back.
Yea it is frustrating.

Did anyone suggest giving ammo/resource refills for players for kills or fulfilling objectives yet? Or is that doable? Kinda seems like an obvious idea that would've been tested in beta already and shot down due to a problem in design or technical issues.

Bob-Billy

KotOR CMP Mapper & Cultist
Movie Battles II Team
Did anyone suggest giving ammo/resource refills for players for kills or fulfilling objectives yet? Or is that doable? Kinda seems like an obvious idea that would've been tested in beta already and shot down due to a problem in design or technical issues.
Are you the other Nero63 guy as well ? Just wondering

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3500

Good:
- Reliance on teamwork - the mode promotes team play, which is a very good thing. You actually see players stick together and use sold + rally combos in CTF, which isn't all that common in Open.

Bad:
- Reliance on teamwork - your individual performance barely matters at all, unlike in Open. It's cool if this is what you were going for, but if your team isn't super coordinated (which it usually isn't), you can't accomplish anything. When I played CTF, most rounds ended with like 1 flag captured, and the rest of the time spent with both teams sitting at their spawns with enemy flags, not being able to cap it, but also not being able to get their own flag back.

So when I suggest Health and Ammo packs on maps, it's a stupid idea, but when you suggest it, it's fine?! Hypocrite much?

So when I suggest Health and Ammo packs on maps, it's a stupid idea, but when you suggest it, it's fine?! Hypocrite much?
It's about the difference in modes. You're not supposed to heal in Open - your 1 life is all you get. Your resources are finite, but so are your enemies - if you kill someone, they don't come back.

In CTF though, people can respawn fairly quickly and infinitely, so it would only make sense to allow people to replenish their HP/Ammo without killing themselves.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
In CTF though, people can respawn fairly quickly and infinitely, so it would only make sense to allow people to replenish their HP/Ammo without killing themselves.

Not entirely. CTF is designed around having people out of the game so that being able to thin an enemy teams numbers with a good push or defense, gives the other team an opportunity to capitalize while people are respawning (obviously not the only attack or defend avenue). If someone has more control over when to replenish health and ammo without a respawn time penalty, that makes each side have to work harder during each push and requires more communication because they have to get through more health and such in order to do so. Slow whittling down pushes become harder to do. Kinda makes me wonder if we need to find an alternative to /kill in CTF, so that its pretty much only used if you get stuck in the map somewhere. Soldiers being able to tactically move around the map with /kills and rally/assemble is one of the benefits of using the class, but I just wonder if things like that may be part of the problem with "1 flag cap rounds" though I personally have seen a lot of rounds with multiple flag caps and even wins based on flag caps even with semi-even teams.

At the same time, if a team is snowballing, having the ability to replenish ammo and health, even if its in a central location of the map they need to take control over, makes them snowball even harder.

There have been a couple ideas that to me make ammo replenishments a more viable avenue, but I am not entirely convinced those are the solution just yet. There is one internal, and one external idea that are possibilities. For me though, health is a no go because it entirely fucks with the whole point of the respawn system that takes people out of combat for a period of time as well as the balance between classes.

I'm arguing in favour of health/ammo packs around the map and on the spawn because I know it works in other games with CTF modes, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

You need to be able to replenish your hp and ammo because after the initial brawl in the middle of the map, the side that wins it will be left damaged, and that makes them very unlikely to be able to take the flag from the freshly respawned defenders. These defenders will be left damaged after pushing back the attackers, which in turn makes it hard for them to counter-push.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at. You don't need heals or ammo in Open because your enemies don't come back. In CTF they do, so it creates this weird cycle of nobody being able to properly push the enemy base because even if one side wins the initial fight, they probably can't win the next one against respawned enemies.

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
Idk a central point could work.

It's definitely needed though. I'm good enough to survive to the point where I need more ammo and hp etc...

This is mostly during mid fights. If its in their base. We'll I'm just gonna hold it as long as I can despite my hp. But in mid its like... well what now? Rush with 10hp? Practically being useless

Last edited:
Not entirely. CTF is designed around having people out of the game so that being able to thin an enemy teams numbers with a good push or defense, gives the other team an opportunity to capitalize while people are respawning (obviously not the only attack or defend avenue). If someone has more control over when to replenish health and ammo without a respawn time penalty, that makes each side have to work harder during each push and requires more communication because they have to get through more health and such in order to do so. Slow whittling down pushes become harder to do. Kinda makes me wonder if we need to find an alternative to /kill in CTF, so that its pretty much only used if you get stuck in the map somewhere. Soldiers being able to tactically move around the map with /kills and rally/assemble is one of the benefits of using the class, but I just wonder if things like that may be part of the problem with "1 flag cap rounds" though I personally have seen a lot of rounds with multiple flag caps and even wins based on flag caps even with semi-even teams.

At the same time, if a team is snowballing, having the ability to replenish ammo and health, even if its in a central location of the map they need to take control over, makes them snowball even harder.

There have been a couple ideas that to me make ammo replenishments a more viable avenue, but I am not entirely convinced those are the solution just yet. There is one internal, and one external idea that are possibilities. For me though, health is a no go because it entirely fucks with the whole point of the respawn system that takes people out of combat for a period of time as well as the balance between classes.
ammo only if at all <3

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I'm arguing in favour of health/ammo packs around the map and on the spawn because I know it works in other games with CTF modes, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Except that MB2 already treats CTF differently from other games with CTF modes. Most other games with CTF modes have a consistent respawn timer if they have it at all, their classes are more or less balanced 1-1 rather than asymetrically especially with life count being a factor, often times they don't even have the ability to really configure a persons class at all, and rely on pickups throughout the level, etc. We are already very different in some major balance areas.

Letting one life classes for example refill things, swings things in favor of those one life classes, and I think it would be a requirement to bump up the respawn timers as well if we let them refill to a minimum of 50 seconds.