Removal of Random Mechanics

The following mechanics are random to the best of my knowledge, while each having an affect on gameplay, some more than others.

Deflect 0-3 non-mblock state, deflecting shots randomly in time and position.
Has the ability to collide with players inflicting damage based on multiplier, knock back players in certain directions or make players become airborne.
The randomly deflected shot should be absorbed/dissipated or given 0 dmg.

+/- 5% damage on hit.
Players surviving or dying due to lower or upper limits.
Remove.

Arc rocket firing time.
Rocket has variance in firing time, audio cue does not match.
Sync audio cue or remove.

Arc rocket firing time.
Rocket has variance in firing time, audio cue does not match.
Sync audio cue or remove.
Rocket Audio issue is only on mando rocket cause of the jetpack delay I'm pretty sure, the Arc rocket consistently fires like a half second after the audio thing goes silent, so if you're aware of that its really easy to push consistently

Rocket Audio issue is only on mando rocket cause of the jetpack delay I'm pretty sure, the Arc rocket consistently fires like a half second after the audio thing goes silent, so if you're aware of that its really easy to push consistently
Ye not certain on this, has least impact to me, as you said can just look for audio to give foresight and push on reaction to the rocket at that point. It's more so whether the actual timer for the rocket is random or not, cues can be adjusted for, as seen with mando.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Deflect 0-3 non-mblock state, deflecting shots randomly in time and position.

The angle of deflection is random within limits - that means the there is no way to predict the direction of the deflect but there are ways to reduce your chances of being hit by it to zero through proper positioning.

Arc rocket firing time.

This is not random at all. It used to have a random element to its delay but it no longer does.

This is not random at all. It used to have a random element to its delay but it no longer does.
Thank you for clarifying this.

The angle of deflection is random within limits - that means the there is no way to predict the direction of the deflect but there are ways to reduce your chances of being hit by it to zero through proper positioning.
What is the limit on this, just yesterday saw a shot hit at 45 degrees then get deflected backwards. Is the timing for such non-mblock deflection completely random or does that have a timer. I doubt this deflect can be avoided with positioning at facehug, nor should it require a conscious effort to mitigate a random mechanic or be planned around. My enemy has exited from this angle, I must now reposition my good holding angle lest I get randomly deflected.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
The limit is an arc directly in front of the orientation of the player deflecting and projectiles behave in a way that is consistent with the laws of mathematics. There is not much more to be said other than that.

The limit is an arc directly in front of the orientation of the player deflecting and projectiles behave in a way that is consistent with the laws of mathematics. There is not much more to be said other than that.
1626961775142.png

Player with pink lightsaber pushes, ee3 sniper bolt is deflected and pink lightsaber man dies...

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
I dont see what you are trying to say? No deflect happens. Guy with purple is pushing, so no deflect happens. The efx plays because it looks like the shot hits the saber.

He meant that the shot got deflected from the blue, and hit the pink guy in the push window, not that it directly hit the pink guy, it was a question of block angle and deflection

I dont see what you are trying to say? No deflect happens. Guy with purple is pushing, so no deflect happens. The efx plays because it looks like the shot hits the saber.
Sorry I was not clear enough, as fluffy said the shot hit obi-wan with his guard up and was deflected into the player with the pink light saber.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
As i say, from the screenshots it doesnt appear to hit the blue saber guy - thats an entirely differnt discussion.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The changes to rockets, I'd like see reverted so that rockets are entirely predictable. The only counter is jedi/sith push or shooting the rockets with a proj rifle or something. I think it's pretty absurd to randomize the timing of rockets to make them better vs jedi/sith in such an arbitrary manner. People should just fire them from safe positions with jedi back-up to push them back and forth like a volleyball, which again is pretty fun for both parties involved.

Personally, I don't think the random deflects should be removed since they have almost no impact on gameplay other than producing lulz moments once in a blue moon, but seeing this thread made me think of something else.

This bug (or something similar) still exists in the game, albeit only in duel mode afaik.

It's wonky behaviour that clearly tells us something is wrong, so perhaps another look at deflect code would not be entirely amiss.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think the random deflects should be removed since they have almost no impact on gameplay other than producing lulz moments once in a blue moon
Happens a few times every session, but usually isn't death, however the possibility of being randomly deflected then put mid air into push/pull is not a lulz moment.

This bug (or something similar) still exists in the game, albeit only in duel mode afaik.
I have seen something like it in open, two saberists blocking with blades clashing, gunner shoots into them creating a rapid succession of efx.
But yes something is clearly wrong, witnessed a saberist lose their hilt while running and being shot at head on recently.

And ofc other oddities.
1627186469580.png

I just don't see the point of keeping random mechanics unless it is too hard or too much effort to take out while not being completely game breaking.