Can we have an airdrop battle royal style map now?

Lee

So battle royal is this genre where you apparently seem to always drop from an airplane that flies over a map...you then fight on the map on the ground like normal after u land. What's to stop this from being applied to an mbii map?

Map size? um_sniperlabs shows just how huge the maps can possibly be.
Fall damage? I mean we can give ppl jetpacks via an fa style or they can just drop in water...or some kind of extended spawn protection mbe or something. I think it would be cool if 1 team spawns in the shuttle flying in over the map.. and the other is based on the ground initially. It could be mandalorians on both sides....one airjjumping out of the shuttle then jetpacking to slow their descent and survive the fall. The other side can flyup to intercept or shootdown the shuttle if they so choose...add turrets or something. The shuttle could get auto-shotdown by the turrets from sniperlabs as it gets too close to the enemy spawn mbe.

The only potential barrier I see is the airplane. I'm not sure if you can automatically spawn each team in an imperial shuttle (1 guy could be flying or its probably better if its just ai controlled to move straight across -_-). But outside of that it could just be a platform in the shape of an open speeder or something....there'd be a condition where it auto drops u or explodes or something to deal with afk/campers. The idea from xwing and sniperlabs of having a spawn where u grab a plane and flyin.....is heavily flawed (relies on ppl playing properly....gl) and creates timewasters and impedes gameplay I would avoid porting that over.

The map itself could be as small or huge as needed to be. Would we need some kind of gas/barrier that forces ppl to move inwards? Mbe. Walls and whatever moving inwards is a common thing in many um maps alrdy...those could be ported over.

The map could have those idiotic dotf/citadel circle objectives potentially. Could make it a case where the team has to split to knab 3 or more of them to cover the whole map. It could be a unreal onslaught style of map...mbe even add in the mb2_geonosis_vehicles vehicles and others to the map. Or it could be a simper map where the team flying in has to land and blowup the other team's base (I would make it like the old endor entrance with turrets all over) or artillery or whatever. Weapon spawns are ofc optional but they alrdy exist in deltaprime etc and could be a thing.

Any legitimate non-meme thoughts to add here? Would be nice to have some map variation...sniperlabs is the only map really that gives any different style of gameplay now...and I wouldn't be surprised if it was removed like geonosis_vehicles among many others were -_-. Plus there's no such thing as a mandalorian fa in this modd...this would be an easy way to create a good one. I'd personally give them all at least 100 hp and 100 armour and at least as much gear as a fullpointed open mandalorian has. Common problem with fa is they just give classes a single weapon to dumb down gameplay ...and idiotic health values to meet their idea of 'balance'. FA should be immersive and realistic first. Maps should meet the fa theme but be playable in any other possible gamemode as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Duckshark

Internal Beta Team
Didn't know ppl still wanted FFA battle royales in MB2 when you can play FFA already on tR Deathstar.

Lee

Didn't know ppl still wanted FFA battle royales in MB2 when you can play FFA already on tR Deathstar.
1. we are talking about a map not a gamemode....this is the mapping section of the forums for gods sake.
2. I didn't say anything about ffa....my post even specifically describes team vs team combat.
BR in JA? Good idea... like HOLOCRON FFA in JO but with weapons)
3. I don't think either of you read my post before commenting -_-