A dying community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infraction: Disputing Moderation
As someone who has been in the mb2 community for years, I find the path the devs have been taking very disturbing. Banning without warning, favoritism, inconsistency in moderation, I don't know what happened but this is clearly killing the community. Just look at the forums for proof, barely any interaction, the discord is also not faring so well either. 2k members and maybe a few messages a day, since every one is to scared to type anything as the devs seem to ban anyone with anything to say unless the message explicitly, in some way, fondles the balls of the devs. They even have a rule against contesting their decision, which shows a disconnection to the community as they only care about themselves, and they surely must always be right no matter what and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and must be banned. What a joke.

1612114394010.png

Just look at the forums for proof, barely any interaction, the discord is also not faring so well either. 2k members and maybe a few messages a day, since every one is to scared to type anything

lol

Karus

Donator
As someone who has been in the mb2 community for years, I find the path the devs have been taking very disturbing. Banning without warning, favoritism, inconsistency in moderation, I don't know what happened but this is clearly killing the community. Just look at the forums for proof, barely any interaction, the discord is also not faring so well either. 2k members and maybe a few messages a day, since every one is to scared to type anything as the devs seem to ban anyone with anything to say unless the message explicitly, in some way, fondles the balls of the devs. They even have a rule against contesting their decision, which shows a disconnection to the community as they only care about themselves, and they surely must always be right no matter what and anyone who says otherwise is wrong and must be banned. What a joke.
There seems to be a trend with the guys that are always complaining about MBII being dead; they're usually the one's who never play, or actively seek to ruin the game for other people through trolling and mucking around..
Besides, you have literally 3 posts on your forum account. Not that it really means anything as such, but if you're going to talk about how people aren't active on the forums etc... you know?
Kind of silly.

Eazy E

Banned
We're a single clan vilified by like 90% of the community, with our leaders banned from the MB2 discord. Yet, we can get 19 players on for an event we planned the day before. The community is far from dead if even WE can get almost 20 players on.

shot2021-01-30_21-04-52.jpg

Can't believe easy and free instant messaging is making forums less active

asAconsumer

Banned
Movie Battles 2 is dying at a slow pace. No other decent Star Wars games around is helping it stay afloat.

A game with skill-ceiling based on "trust me it's skill" will be NOT APPEALING to the majority of players.

The old players are getting replaced by all new players as old players become disappointed with something or are taking a break and go on a pause or leave completely. I regret seeing the state in which the game is in regards to fair-play and competitive play. Not playing as much as I used to,

Last edited:
Imo older players quit or play less, because said people just grow older and don't have time to spend half their free time on training to become a killing god in a shooter like this.

When you've played long enough it also starts to be less fun to play with random people who don't put effort into skill and tactics, and you don't have the time and energy to get good enough to compensate for your team.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

asAconsumer

Banned
The reworks to maps like Deathstar are good and useful (seem to care about gameplay aspect) YET, fair-play is completely disregarded based on the roadmap and it's priorities :confused:

The reworks to maps like Deathstar are good and useful (seem to care about gameplay aspect) YET, fair-play is completely disregarded based on the roadmap and it's priorities :confused:
Not every single developer can work on gameplay lol, Each developer has his own task and we don't want a Graphic Designer messing with Deka code or sabers..

Karus

Donator
Movie Battles 2 is dying at a slow pace. No other decent Star Wars games around is helping it stay afloat.

A game with skill-ceiling based on "trust me it's skill" will be NOT APPEALING to the majority of players.

The old players are getting replaced by all new players as old players become disappointed with something or are taking a break and go on a pause or leave completely. I regret seeing the state in which the game is in regards to fair-play and competitive play. Not playing as much as I used to,
So, you think MBII doesn't have an actual skill ceiling?
Please, elaborate. I'm intrigued.

asAconsumer

Banned
So, you think MBII doesn't have an actual skill ceiling?
Please, elaborate. I'm intrigued.

Due to the lack of FAIR-PLAY(?) enforcement. "BEING GOOD" at a game with "NO ANTI-CHEAT" sounds pretty silly.
Movie Battles 2 has skill-ceiling (and actually pretty high up) it's just NOT VALID to anybody who is self-aware.

This game is great for all the more complicated mechanics and there is something to learn unlike in the other games nowdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.