•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Game breaking bug/glitch

So every 5 minutes into a match or so my screen starts to shake and I can't attack,move or taunt. Pretty much can't do anything, the only way to fix this is by disconnecting and rejoining, this is useless of course because 5 minutes later the bug or glitch reappears and forces me to disconnect, sometimes in the middle of a match or in rare occasion seconds after rejoining the server.

My inventory also starts to swap items randomly and the neck of the character model gets in a weird position.

I would appreciate any help you guys can provide, and if you had the same problem how did you manage to fix it. Because this literally breaks the game for me.

I reinstalled the mod 5 times and I'm using the launcher, I'm using a steam version of jka.

He already uploaded his config...

Did you tried to run MBII client instead? Does it make some difference?

Yeah, it didn't change much. Perhaps the letters font and some textures but the rest was just as usual. The bug started and not only that it tends to show the loading screen like if the server is changing maps and have to reconnect.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Did you install any third-party JA mods, replacement packs, skin packs etc?
Did you played any other multi-player games recently? Did you experience problems playing online?

Did you install any third-party JA mods, replacement packs, skin packs etc?
Did you played any other multi-player games recently? Did you experience problems playing online?

No, mb2 it's pretty much the only mod I'm using.

Other games work fine, and my network is stable while playing them.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Try settings your packets higher or lower: cl_maxpackets, start with 15 and increase in increments of 15 until you get to the max 100. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas, I've never heard of this problem before. :/

Does it happen on every MBII server? What about base game?

Yeah, it happens on every server.

Base game works fine, I tried to see if the problem was there too.

Tried all /cl_maxpackets I could and didn't work, perhaps I should try different /snaps values?

Last edited:

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Try com_affinity set to 0 (need to restart the game).
Try to reset all your settings to default and see if it fixed (just rename jampconfig.cfg to something else).

ent

Movie Battles II Team
"set" is a command. "com_affinity" is a cvar.
Both will work the same almost the same. (I am lazy to tell the diff but it's the same in your case.)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'm out of ideas
Well, I'm running out of ideas too. But since it's not likely there's any advance in this topic, I will try to propose some very basic/lame ideas...

First: @Joba_Fett, was there a time when you could run mb2 normally? Or it was buggy from day one?
Try to review what applications is running at the same time as mb2 do. Shut down them, Team Speak including. Search for audio players, screen capture software, "Punto Switcher" etc. Turn off firewall and antivirus.
Next step would be reinstall Movie Battles and Jedi Academy from scratch (completely deleting existing files), to make sure there's no unwanted files in directories of game.
Uninstall Hamachi. It's paranoid, but if it does install driver, this can make a difference.

Last resort can be a creating of new partition on your hard drive and installing another copy of Windows. Maybe 7 or XP. Install as less software as possible, only drivers and Direct X. I don't say you're sentenced to dual-boot in order just to play mb2, it could help to investigate is it possible to run Movie Battles on hardware or not. Maybe some setting of your Windows prevents game to run correctly.
I know setup of additional OS takes a lot of time, I'm just saying what I would try to do if I was in your place.

Well, I'm running out of ideas too. But since it's not likely there's any advance in this topic, I will try to propose some very basic/lame ideas....

The game worked fine since day one (This is the first problem I have).

I'm actually considering doing a factory reboot of my system to reorganize my programs and files. That may fix the problem I'm most certain of that.

I'll check if any app is messing with it a last time.

I'll keep you guys updated if I finally fixed this, perhaps this is more my fault than mb2's . Thanks for all the support and patience, you've been very receptive and cordial, I've more than 8 years playing mb2 and all I can say is thank you for giving this project the love it deserves and that many people are very proud of you guys. (May sound ironic on this topic but I'm serious).

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
The game worked fine since day one (This is the first problem I have).
It changes a lot. Since game worked fine, then it stopped, solution is to find out what was changed just between last successful launch and first unsuccessful. New settings? New applications? New drivers?

In context of reorganization it becomes less important, just keep in mind that the is key to resolving your issue is (was) to find out what've changed...
The fact it runs fine on base bothers me.
Me to, but I just can't get any explanation of this fact right now.