Rendezvous

Been following the mod for a year or so now, but only now finally about to build a PC and buy Jedi Academy. Hoping to get really into dueling, was disappointed with the lightsaber combat in Battlefront II and found this mod through a video all that time ago.

I always wanted a Star Wars game where not only the lightsaber combat would be complex, but it also allowed you to play anyone you could think of from the SW universe, so needless to say I'm really excited to start playing MBII.

As for a bit about myself, I write fanfiction and rap songs, I'm into JDM cars and drifting, and like roleplaying and roleplaying games both electronic and tabletop, but I have been getting more into FPS games in recent years, sniping being my favourite thing to do.

Rap OMEGALUL.

Welcome and good luck though. The learning curve is pretty steep especially if you plan on focusing on light sabre dueling. I remember downloading this mod because playing as jedi looked fun and cool. I played the mod and jedi/sith class for 100 ish hours before I realised that it wasn't fun. I switched to bounty hunter/hero main after that and never looked back.

Hey there, welcome to the club.

If you're looking for lightsaber and sniper action, this mod has you covered - the potential for epic plays here is limitless, if you have the skills to pull them off.

Keep 1 thing in mind - this mod can provide you with endless cool moments and fun, but you'll have to work on your skills to earn it. There are no win buttons in this game, everything depends on your skill and your skill only, and you'll go up against some tough and experienced competition. Read up on some guides and don't be shy to ask advice here or on the discord server - there are a lot of things that only an experienced player can show you.

But, if you can make it through - I'm sure you'll be forever charmed by this mod, just like all of us here. Good luck.

Oh I'm not ashamed of asking for help/tips when I need some, don't worry! And I also know that things take time to learn and ingrain within myself, like muscle memory, positioning, mechanical skills, etc. I don't expect to win easily, getting better is part of the fun in my opinion!

I play a lot of Overwatch so I'm used to being often outmatched and having to learn what I'm doing wrong/what I can improve on, I'll spend just as many hours just training and honing my skills as I will actually going into battle, practice makes perfect, after all!

:ackbar: I'm sure there's more to it than that haha.
Used to, but sadly nowdays duel build feels like an uncompleted and bugged version of what It used to be a While ago. Style perks and counters have been removed and parry is so random that rather than a risky mechanic, It turned into a bunch of bugged trades when most of the time you have to pray in order to win the trade instead of timing It.

For sure its not only what i said, timing, yaw, ACM (singlehits), MB and footwork are important aswell, but no longer essential and needed in order to become good.

Also for some reason i apparently missed, everyone is now only playing yellow, which also makes the Game even more restricted and easy

Lots of games have ups and downs throughout different patches, even WoW has big differences in PvP from patch to patch.

I just know the saber combat MBII has is leagues better than the saber combat DICE tried to make and improve on to barely any if not no avail.

Lots of games have ups and downs throughout different patches, even WoW has big differences in PvP from patch to patch.

I just know the saber combat MBII has is leagues better than the saber combat DICE tried to make and improve on to barely any if not no avail.
We used to have stable dueling patches and then it was thrown around and eventually kicked to the curb, It stopped being worked on for a while and all we saw was its sad regression. If It ain't broke, don't fix it. I hope you have a fun experience though. If you ever need dueling help or tips, you can ask me or anyone else for help.

Ah, I gotcha. I'm sure it'll get some more focus at some point, I mean it's one of the main draws to MBII in my opinion, so I'm sure it'll get worked on sometime soon to bring it back to its former glory.

But yooo!!! I just watched the video of you dueling Deep15 the other day, you got mad skills! I'd be honored to learn from you some day! I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken you to get to that level!

Ah, I gotcha. I'm sure it'll get some more focus at some point, I mean it's one of the main draws to MBII in my opinion, so I'm sure it'll get worked on sometime soon to bring it back to its former glory.

But yooo!!! I just watched the video of you dueling Deep15 the other day, you got mad skills! I'd be honored to learn from you some day! I can't imagine how many hours it must have taken you to get to that level!
Yeah, I was dueling him with 200 ping and it was on an EU server I am from NA that was a while ago. I also have a few vids up.

What the fuck is this roleplay website in your signature ?
F-list. It has characters from pretty much every series there is and is pretty comprehensive in helping to find what you're looking for. It's where I keep all my rp relegated to.

Last edited: