Hello! How about adding Cyrillic support?

Because JA font files are available in base. Maybe you can connect them?
1581445166555.png
The Russian community will create a wonderful translation!

:crystal-fox:

there are plenty of fixes already available

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Russian fonts are all over both jkhub and these forums already.

As for a translation, if you do want it so much, create it on your own.
Translating amount of text that MBII does have would require a lot of time and effort, and currently there is only one Russian-speaking member in the development team.
Personally, as a Russian, I don't really need Russian text in UI, and I can't be bothered to make a translation.

Translating amount of text that MBII does have would require a lot of time and effort, and currently there is only one Russian-speaking member in the development team.
Personally, as a Russian, I don't really need Russian text in UI, and I can't be bothered to make a translation.

Lol great attitude and sense of community you got "do it yourself asshole". VERY COOL!

there are plenty of fixes already available

Look at the author and look at my nickname =)

I meant programmatically introducing support

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Lol great attitude and sense of community you got "do it yourself asshole". VERY COOL!
What's wrong with my attitude? I was just expressing my opinion. Is having an opinion bad these days?

My point still stands. I don't think MBII dev team has resources to make a translation, I don't think it's worth wasting so much valuable devs' time on this matter.
This is also about priorities -- there are a lot of way more important things that need to be handled by developers, like bugs in general and join bug specifically. And even we only count issues those can be assigned to the same category as UI localization, there is an in-game Library, which I heard is outdated. The Library that contains an important gameplay information and is supposed to be primary source of knowledge for new players and is written in English. Even if we agree that Russian translation is something that would be nice to have, it absolutely shouldn't go before the point when Library is fully up-to-date and do have all the data it's supposed to have.
I meant programmatically introducing support
That's confusing. I thought there is already all the kind of programming support that makes creating UI localizations possible via additional .pk3 files.
Am I wrong?

Reactions: SK5

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I thought there is already all the kind of programming support that makes creating UI localizations possible via additional .pk3 files.
Oh, I just tested it and I found no reasons why a translation cannot be done via traditional "replacements" mechanic.
There is a file attached to this reply that demonstrates (very poorly, it's just a proof-of-concept) some Russian text in the menu.
Installation is pretty trivial: place .pk3 to "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII".

Yes I know it look like a total shit, but it's only because there is no proper Russian HD font, and JAFont program seems to be useless, it doesn't produce fonts with Russian symbols and there is no way to make it use Cyrillic.
Making a translation replacement look like a very hard work, both because a huge amount of text to process and because of that text is split across various files, *.str from "MBAssets3.pk3\strings\English" and *.menu from "MBAssets3.pk3\ui\mb\alpha".
Those files, all containing English lines must copied into new .pk3 file, their contest need to be edited very carefully because even little formatting errors will make menus unusable.
It's also absolutely necessary to create new HD fonts, similar to those from "MBAssets.pk3\fonts", but with Cyrillic letters. Those fonts must be in png format and not tga.

gl to anybody who will decide to actually do the work :)

ee63a69b9a8e.png

e62c21acff29.png

c1ff34c637ad.png

Attachments

• ____rustest.pk3
    91.9 KB · Views: 226

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I want to add more languages to MB2, but I don't know how Russian, Korean, Thai, etc work. They seem to be different than English, German, French, Spanish in terms of how they are setup. This part of MB2 should be open sourced in the near future (whenever we have time to validate the "SDK" stuff on the roadmap). So the community would be able to assist to a degree with that.

I want to add more languages to MB2, but I don't know how Russian, Korean, Thai, etc work. They seem to be different than English, German, French, Spanish in terms of how they are setup. This part of MB2 should be open sourced in the near future (whenever we have time to validate the "SDK" stuff on the roadmap). So the community would be able to assist to a degree with that.
I could help with this =)