Droideka is a pain to counter as a gunner

Droidekas are quite easy to handle as a jedi/sith but as gunner I feel they're too powerful, even as a ARC trooper with a pulse nade you're often not able to get close enough to shoot the nade or toss it in a way that it'll hit the droideka before it's weird goo shots kill you almost immediately, with any other weapon you have no hopes of bringing down its shield long enough to do some real damage especially when it can walk into cover and recharge it's shield. Also with their extreme firepower they're given a ridiculous amount of mobility allowing them to roll behind the enemy team and shoot them all in the back and then roll back to the safety of their own team before the jedi/sith can get a swing off I know a lot of responses are just going to be use clone ion blobs(which absolutely won't work and you'll be shot before you get a shot off) or use arc pulse grenades which are limited in ammo against an enemy with unlimited shield so long as a saber doesn't come in contact with it.

Also the damage they do is ridiculous and extremely inconsistent, I understand it's trying to be true to the movies but sometimes they can just outright instakill you

to put the damage in perspective, a deka can be constantly shooting you and as an ET with level 2 a280 you deal about 30 damage per shot, even if you were to use a burst which fires 5 shots that's 150 damage. A deka with maximum shield would have 700 shield and then additional health underneath that. You would need to fire 20 shots or 4 bursts just to deal 600 damage. and five bursts to deal 750 to destroy the shield and do some health damage. This is multiple reloads for the a280 and in that time the deka can recharge it's shield or roll up and run away. If you don't get five bursts off before the deka escapes or regenerates its shield all that ammo will have been wasted for nothing. A projectile rifle does 100 damage now so you'd need to fire 7 proj shots to take down the shield and the delay between those are even worse. p3 deals 40 damage and the charged shots bring it up to 60, regardless there's absolutely no way to beat a deka in a one-on-one gunfight without a pulse grenade hard counter and if you're out of pulse grenades you've lost.

Suggestions for nerfing the droideka(use only some and not all of these)
1. giving blasters a multiplier against the droidekas shield so they don't have to do 700 points of damage that the droideka can regenerate in seconds
2. adding a longer delay before the droideka can actually roll away to prevent yakety sax situation and force dekas to actually dedicate to their position when they unfold
3. lower the max shield health or make it take much longer to recharge

I was gonna leave this post with a "git gud" but decided to give constructive feedback even though OP reads like "im having difficulties against this particular class so you should nerf it"

You seem to be having this misconception that this game is somehow a 1v1 dueling game and everything should be balanced around that. Deka is a huge target, clunky, and right now it has 3 counters, 2 of them hard counters and completely shuts down the class. No other class in the game right now that gets completely shut down by 2 classes.

It is the worst class for fighting more than 1v1 because you are a huge target, no chance of them missing their shots and you get shot to bits in a matter of seconds. You can literally abuse corners and kill the deka without even getting damaged 1 hp because deka aim is fucked up and they cant shoot you.
And it is an extremely situational class. In open space, with the clunky aim, you gonna die real fast. In a tight corridor, you are king. Like how you dont go against a 400 hp melee wook in a tight space and come out victorious, you are not supposed to have an upper hand in a tight corridor against deka.

If you balance deka around 1v1 it will be a completely useless class. Coordinate with your team, dont put yourself in a bad situation and you will see it is really easy to kill.

And above all else, if what you said was true, you would be seeing deka players everywhere causing havoc on rebel gunners. Which is definitely not the case.

Last edited:
Literally deka is one of the few classes without critical balance issues currently. I see no concerns. Although given the amount of bugs it has, it should be focused on getting polished.

Karus

Donator
In open space, with the clunky aim, you gonna die real fast. In a tight corridor, you are king
I think this is the issue, to be honest.
So many of the most played maps have corridors which are so easily locked down by deka as a class, like you mentioned.
Sure, ARC is the biggest counter, but I think not many people enjoy playing ARC because... well it sucks right now.
Having to play this ONE class just to counter one person on the enemy team who is shutting down the entire map due to the mobility and firepower that deka has is EXTREMELY annoying.
And even then, just because you pick ARC, doesn't mean you're countering them, at all. You actually need to USE your utility, e.g. Pulse Nades, which new players just never do, lol.
Also, given the fact that ARC sucks ass right now, it's not hard to just sit there and let your tears engulf you after being mowed down by 3 dekas at once.
Personally though, I think Deka is fine, I just think ARC needs Dex 2 integrated by default (which afaik, will happen eventually)

Having to play this ONE class just to counter one person on the enemy
No, there's also jedi. There are always jedi on the reb team. A LOT of jedi. And 1 jedi with more than 2 braincells is enough to force deka to constantly retreat and roll away. If they don't, they die. That's deka gameplay in a nutshell - trying to shoot gunners (which is often very hard if you are not in a corridor with no cover) and constantly running away from jedi.

Just team up. I've seen teams of three gunners taking down dekas without any pulse nades/ions just by wailing at it, and all of them running in different directions. Confuse the player, dodge, cooperate, hide when the other is shooting etc. A team of two ARCs with dexterity and stamina or even clone troopers with stamina, sprinting around the deka with no blobs can take it down. I even saw an ARC solo a deka in a tight corridor with wallruns and the slow 'turn-around' of the deka, but I guess that could be explained by good vs bad player.

Don't nerf it. Adapt and overcome.

Sure, ARC is the biggest counter, but I think not many people enjoy playing ARC because... well it sucks right now.
Going to have to disagree. Arc is one of my favorite classes rn. With DeX 3 it's very agile, and is great against dodging saber swings, plus shooting while rolling is god tier and eliminates the best of sith. The class overall is very flexible in what kind of class you want from it. You can be an agile mini sniper or with pistols, you can be an anti droid class, you can be a heavy rocket class, I even mixed some of it up and had a rocket to go with the pistols. The class overall is just super good In my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuM
No, there's also jedi. There are always jedi on the reb team. A LOT of jedi. And 1 jedi with more than 2 braincells is enough to force deka to constantly retreat and roll away. If they don't, they die. That's deka gameplay in a nutshell - trying to shoot gunners (which is often very hard if you are not in a corridor with no cover) and constantly running away from jedi.

Hey, who doesn't just LOVE seeing this?

20171215224714_1.jpg

Bro like just run around it hahahaha like how are you getting killed bro hahahaha like literally just shoot it bro LOL 😆😆😆

No, there's also jedi. There are always jedi on the reb team. A LOT of jedi. And 1 jedi with more than 2 braincells is enough to force deka to constantly retreat and roll away. If they don't, they die. That's deka gameplay in a nutshell - trying to shoot gunners (which is often very hard because nobody is playing gunner in open) and constantly running away from jedi.

deka is in fact a huge pain to kill as a gunner. this is counter balanced by them being weak to jedi. i think deka should be left as is, if you remove their natural counter in jedi they're gonna be too strong and the game was always at its worst when dekas were strong. their defensive lockdown capability combined with extreme 1v1 power level makes it really boring to play against them

deka is in fact a huge pain to kill as a gunner. this is counter balanced by them being weak to jedi. i think deka should be left as is, if you remove their natural counter in jedi they're gonna be too strong and the game was always at its worst when dekas were strong. their defensive lockdown capability combined with extreme 1v1 power level makes it really boring to play against them
Deka was op because it had 1k shields, there were no ions, only arc counter to it and was able to spam 8-9 discharges with its 1k shields and used to 3v1 jedi while also killing 5 gunners for dinner?? Because right now as you MIGHT know it gets mowed down easily in any situation but 1v1. Not to mention you can literally abuse corners and not get shot at all because deka cannot shoot you while you can.

Now deka has 3 counters . Arc, clone( a 2 life class ), and jedi. Jedi is not even a counter it literally facerolls it. So having 3 counters, 2 of them being hard counters and the most played class in the game being a faceroll to deka so you are constantly playing yakety sax cat and mouse game with jedis makes ZERO sense and an extremely bad gameplay.

Last edited:
Now deka has 3 counters . Arc, clone( a 2 life class ), and jedi.
Clone is hardly an anti-deka class, or rather its anti deka capabilities are so heavily situational calling it an anti deka class is an overexaggeration. Ion blob is a potential danger to deka only if its heavily outnumbered by rebs/already very low on shield/has a jedi on its tail. Otherwise ion blob's pitiful shield damage and stun time are usually too low to make a difference, clone wins/loses in exactly same scenarios as other gunner classes.
I'm not suggesting it's a bad thing, just pointing out what I've observed when playing both deka and clone. Competent arcs and jedis already shred through dekas defences, three counters to one class would be a little too much

Last edited:
Not to mention you can literally abuse corners and not get shot at all because deka cannot shoot you while you can.
what are you talking about? a deka can easily lockdown the corner by endlessly firing at it and the moment you step out to 'abuse' the corner you'll get blasted and probably knocked back out/away from cover

what are you talking about? a deka can easily lockdown the corner by endlessly firing at it and the moment you step out to 'abuse' the corner you'll get blasted and probably knocked back out/away from cover

Deka's shield pokes out of corners.