Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want forced rtv
we don't want op jedi/sith
if we wanted to play rtv we would join a already popular rtv server and if we wanna chill we hop on a 24/7 server
our right to play what we want should be forced by devs who barely play their own mod, people who play mb2 know what the community want and that's things like flinch and knockback, deathstar24/7 or any map like dotf or smuggler, I don't really see the main issue with 24/7 servers when this dead mod has people playing it on some of the best maps in mb2 when some of them are pretty bad.

withholding my donation until this issue isn't one anymore, rtv should never be forced unless you want population to decrease, clans like aod, maf and tr keep population in mb2 with these types of servers, not everyone wants to switch maps after round cap they wanna sit, meme and relax.

I haven't had this much fun in any star wars game ive played prior I hope this topic here gives some insight on what should not be done in the future.

also first person should be alot better and improved on, id use it all the time if you could change fov for first person.

Last edited:

Fang

Donator
Read the thread that started this issue first so you don't get any misinformation

oh ty

i can't wait to get on mb2 after my 14h shift in the oil refinery just to be forced to play on the rtv server with people doing !6 on smuggler for the past three hours resulting in me not being able to play because of the shitty meme map

only then will I remember the good times of entering a 24/7 server and jumping in straight into the fun

i can't wait to get on mb2 after my 14h shift in the oil refinery just to be forced to play on the rtv server with people doing !6 on smuggler for the past three hours resulting in me not being able to play because of the shitty meme map

only then will I remember the good times of entering a 24/7 server and jumping in straight into the fun

Servers are not going to be forced into having rtv. Also smuggler is a pretty good map when the server doesn't have too high population.

They're talking about the debate thread over changing 24/7 map servers to rtv servers (prime example being tR Deathstar).

24/7 servers are whats apparently keeping mb2 alive because tr deathstar is populated all day everyday

imo i don't enjoy playing on 24/7 servers, but if rtv servers aren't being populated already, the amount of people who would happily switch to RTV ONLY would be negligible in comparison to the amount of people who would be pissed off about it.

24/7 servers are whats apparently keeping mb2 alive because tr deathstar is populated all day everyday

One or two more full servers dont make the game any more alive or dead

imo i don't enjoy playing on 24/7 servers, but if rtv servers aren't being populated already, the amount of people who would happily switch to RTV ONLY would be negligible in comparison to the amount of people who would be pissed off about it.

Let me reiterate: adding rtv to all servers is *not being considered as an option* - servers and players have freedom of choice whether they want to use rtv or not

the head dev said no plans but wont rule it out. So defiant I think you know the difference in no plans at all versus not ruling it out, also with the decline that's not to say it will be dead but as far as I know the game has only been going down hill and I think most people agree devs should stop buffing jedi and sith vs gunners

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Yes. I am not ruling it out forever. I would rather the situation naturally improved than do anything to force the issue. If the situation changes (or refuses to change) all options remain on the table.

For now, I would like to continue improving maps, trying to generate more exposure and show more of them off to people and intergarte RTV to the main code base to make it more accessible to server owners and players.

if exposure and gameplay fixes were more of a priority people would come back and new people would flood in.

nobody knows about mb2 and I found it by chance

You really haven't been here very long. Some developers have said similar things, before tR even existed. Locking threads is not an indicator of anything. We're also allowed to be frustrated with the lack of map diversity present within NA. Were humans too. It took 9 years for me to get progressive siege implemented. I wouldn't worry about something like this as we have other priorities for the moment.

If you're going to be that pessimistic, and want to use bribery as a way to get what you want. I don't want your donation at all. We've survived the majority of our time here on the money of developers alone. Donations are a recent thing. Things like knockback, jedi/sith balance will improve. We don't work on this 8-10 hours a day.
i dont think me saying im withholding my donation means its a bribe in anyway, i spend multiple hours playing this game and it only seems to feel worse a=every update, class bugs, not spawning, gameplay loops and op jedi/sith whether they improve or not just seem to get worse. Me saying im not going to support the devs right now is just a sign for you to know how much i dont support the changes. Dont need to take it that seriously though.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
think most people agree devs should stop buffing jedi and sith vs gunners

Thats literally the opposite of our intent, if you've followed any of our words from even prior to 1.6. We've just gotten values for our wants wrong and need time to adjust further with some other changes. We did not want jedi/sith to receive a buff.

i dont think me saying im withholding my donation means its a bribe in anyway, i spend multiple hours playing this game and it only seems to feel worse a=every update, class bugs, not spawning, gameplay loops and op jedi/sith whether they improve or not just seem to get worse. Me saying im not going to support the devs right now is just a sign for you to know how much i dont support the changes. Dont need to take it that seriously though.

Bugs and things are fixable, we thought we fixed most of the class bugs before release of 1.6. We were wrong and will continue to find more with help from the community trying to figure out what causes them as well. Please take a step back and try to look at things from our angle, and how much reworking we did to the back end of this update. We literally noted in the very top of the changelog patch notes that there would be a fair amount of bugs and issues in the release, especially ones we did not catch, and some we caught but weren't game breaking. This is what happens when you go and rework 16 year old code thats a bunch of spaghetti from dozens of people. Please don't try to assume our intent and goals for things. I wish we could all work on mb2 a lot more than we do. I haven't really been able to work on mb2 for two weeks or so, except for that one UI work livestream, because of other things going on. We just need time.

Don't put anything regarding a donation in feedback posts please, its manipulative.

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
Don't put anything regarding a donation in feedback posts please, its manipulative.

Donations are voluntary anyway. We dont expect them. It just helps keep the infrastructure going.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The people that worked on hilts and maps don't work on code and therefore cannot help with fixes and stability. Different Skillsets.

Reactions: SK5
@Lindsey most of these maps are pretty bad, probably like 6 that i can think of are decent and maybe 4 that are actually good, also first person should be a priority since its so well done in ja and jo2

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
6 that i can think of are decent and maybe 4 that are actually good

Man, everyone in games are so picky. I see things like this in other games that I play and I just about never feel the same way about any games maps. Always hated the people who wanted to play on the same 1-2 maps all the time when I played competitively in other games. I never thought most maps were as bad as people say. Sure some had issues, but not anywhere near unplayable levels.

Y'all need to take games less seriously and chill more.

I main mb2 so its unfortunate that there are so many issues with it.
OP jedi/sith
lightning now does more damage that way gunners have zero chance and barely had one to begin with
no flinch meaning even if you are a good shot, good luck up close.
I only sung praises before a lot of these changes and tbh its ruining the game.
flinch should be introduced or knockback should be improved
first person should be improved
and gunners should be buffed so they stand a better chance against noob spamming duelist's

also we chill on ds and dotf 24/7 which is why rtv shouldn't be forced

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.