Macros and Binds

I have been toying with in-game binds and macros in a third party program to overcome the fact the wait command isn't usable in order to reduce the amount of button pressing I have to do as well as reliably get things like the back-flip kata from white style to work. Also to pull of some cool moves that require complex input that I cant pull off because i focus on things like aiming/tracking and because I don't have the same hand span as Bach.

My question for the community is how do you all feel about people who use binds/macros? Also if a comprehensive list with all binds and macros members of the community use along with a guide on how to set-up/use would change your various opinions and how.

These are my thoughts in case anyone is interested
  • If everyone was open about binds/macros devs could streamline the game better instead of making players depend on binds/macros.
  • exploits using binds/macros would be easily identifiable by the community and brought to the attention of the devs.
  • most importantly if a comprehensive guide was on the forums everyone would have access to it and no one would get an "advantage" from using binds/macros.

there's a macro somewhere on the forums for quick scoping your mando rifle but in the past they've been used for nefarious purposes like lag scripting, ammo bugging. clump your keybindings if you're having issue hitting them all. i dont use any buttons that aren't 1 key's distance from WASD for mb2 unless it's class config or taunts

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Binds were discussed on these forums before.
You should have used search before posting a new thread.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Takes the fun from the game if you ask me. I practically spam backflip kata and need no macros for it. If I fuck it up then I fuck it up and feel the consequences. As for other cool moves just make correct binds. I switch mine dependin if I play jedi or gunner.

i used simple macros to cycle between FOV settings and shoulder cameras
the first one makes unscoped long range combat less disadvantageous for small screen users
the other one makes SBD able to peek DOTF main better

fortunately my thread isn't actually about scripts/macros/binds just how people feel about them and proposed solutions and subsequent opinions. maybe read past the title of my thread *angry face

Binds were discussed on these forums before.
You should have used search before posting a new thread.

Thank you everyone for feedback, I reckon I have a solid idea of where community stands!
My main point of discussion was really if you all wanted people who use binds/macros to be more open about it, to that end if interest is shown I can post binds/macros I use (such as ee3/M5 snipe shot that can be aimed without scope (scope is only used for a short time) which also transitions straight into normal fire, i.e scope-less and in correct mode in the case of the ee3) and a melee bind which switches from gun to fist back to gun after melee move is completed (useful for the gunner who panics when a jedi/sith rush them).
PREEMPTIVE EDIT - I hope you all see transparency as a good thing as I've seen other people using similar tricks (which is what inspired me to make mine actually) and I just want to increase user experience for everyone in game as in players not getting that these actions are within the realms of possibility and are rightly confused/upset when they are taken out by something they have no clue about.

Last edited:
The binds I've created just rebind the keys I have on my keyboard (I lacked a hobby and needed something to fill the time), if I'm playing Jedi, I press the H key and it rebinds my keyboard to all my Jedi controls like 1 = push, 2 = pull, etc. If i was playing Gunner I'd press J and it would rebind my controls to gunner, 1 = crosshair swap (made some custom crosshairs to help with aim), 2 = melee, 3 = gun, etc.

I basically made it so I never needed to open the controls section ever again, If I ever swapped to a build like going from jedi with speed to sith with lightning, I'd press a button and it would rebind my speed key to lightning. If I went from a sniper with P3 to a clone rifle, at the press of a button it rebinds Pistol key to CR key, And I had all the binds with similar functions such as primary weapon bound to a single key in a cycle.

It took a lot of work for something that seems pointless, but I was bound to home due to medical and I didn't have any hobbies, so I really had all the time in the world and found it quite enjoyable.

Savilex-

Banned
If you use macros then you lack the skill to do it normally and therefore lose you're right to do said ability you fucks >: o

I can see your point as some people have no business pulling stunts of, but not for the reason u give. Building on the idea of skill please consider how trivial pressing buttons at timed intervals is compared to how you use these sequenced button presses, then also realise that a game that limits people's ability to do things based on that skill isn't one with a high skill cap. After all even a dumb program can mimic this "skill" :p

If you use macros then you lack the skill to do it normally and therefore lose you're right to do said ability you fucks >: o

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
After all even a dumb program can mimic this "skill" :p
Following this logic some dumb aimbot can mimic this skill called ”aiming”. And some wallhack can mimic this skill called map and game knowledge.

to me this thread sounds more like you trying to give justification for cheat programs. I am starting to get too old to care as much as I used to and usually people who use this stuff arent even that good in the game to begin with so it doesnt affect the gameplay too much. But still I simply find all these kind of things and the use of them lame.

Following this logic some dumb aimbot can mimic this skill called ”aiming”. And some wallhack can mimic this skill called map and game knowledge.

to me this thread sounds more like you trying to give justification for cheat programs. I am starting to get too old to care as much as I used to and usually people who use this stuff arent even that good in the game to begin with so it doesnt affect the gameplay too much. But still I simply find all these kind of things and the use of them lame.
not really considering cheats are an external program that modifies the game, scripts don't so there's still a clear distinction between them

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@Kwinto Technicalities. Why do you think "wait" command was removed from scripting? The use of third party programs to make macros is just going around it.

@Gargos I in no way cheat or have the ability to do so with the programs I use and believe the wild leap you made from scripts and binds to aimbot and wallhacks is shared in the community because of reckless behaviour such as swingblock scripts and freelook toggling which actually eliminate the need for some skill, unlike the novelties I make. While you do have a point in that I am preaching the use of these it is the whole purpose of this thread in which I did state my opinions on why I believe they can be good for the community above as well as my intention to discuss it further. I do respect your opinion and am grateful you took the time to comment, even though you disagree with me. If I could just ask in more detail why you think binds/macros are lame?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
/bind W disco

(Unlocks cool dance move!)

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@Literal Pickle they are short cuts to moves that otherwise not so skilled players are not able to execute. It is exact same with wallhackers: a replacement for lack of map and gameplay knowledge only that wallhack takes that to an extreme. This is the same with macros since if you bind complex moves to one key it means you will never mess up and it is always executed perfectly except for timing the move. Even pros mess up some complex moves. I do not really see the difference between macros and wallhack there.

Why macros are lame: they simply are bad sportmanship. Youre not on equal footing with rest of the players. I wouldnt get any enjoyment out of this game if I knew the reason why I am good is because I got some gear that put me ahead of others by default.