•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Awaiting gamestate...

I have had this issue with certain servers where it just gets caught on awaiting gamestate forever. The problem went away about two weeks ago and now it's back. It occurs at all hours of the day. Is there a setting I could try? I've tried restarting computer/resetting modem.

I very much doubt I was banned. This is on a few servers that were giving me the same problem a few weeks ago and the problem went away. I searched the forums and it seems others were having these intermittent problems.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
It's also possible you're getting caught up in some automated anti-VPN system (false positive or you are using one) or there's a network connectivity issue between you and the server.

Also wouldn't hurt to make sure your network settings are optimal:
unknown.png

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
What nickname, exactly, are you using while trying to connect?
What servers, exactly, give you this error (provide full list)?

Anyway, this error message is related to the servers hosted by advanced hosting providers operated by Caelum and isair.
It's either ban (including range bans), or false positive of anti-VPN protection, caused by unusual network settings (not those Spaghetti pointed out, but those are controlled by Windows and hardware).

Thanks for the quick assistance!

@Puppytine

I connect with my forum name Bombad General.

Here are the 2 servers that are in my neck of the woods that have the problem:

-M.A.F- Hangout 198.50.210.71:29070
[tR]Deathstar 198.50.210.72:29070

My ISP is AT&T mobile broadband...I know it's no good but it's the best available.

Thanks again!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
-M.A.F- Hangout 198.50.210.71:29070
[tR]Deathstar 198.50.210.72:29070
Wow, this is not exactly what I was expecting
But on second thought, I remember jka.io offers hosting in Canada too. jka.io is owner by @Caelum , you could ask him about your issue -- he was extremely helpful and kind when I needed support.
You also should reach tR and MAF admins, the most active resource they have is Discord:

The question is -- are you sure get stuck on "Awaiting gamestate..." message and not on "Awaiting connection"?