Why does the cheap saber on flykick still exist as it is?

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Headline pretty much sums it up. This has been long bothering me and I realized I havent even brought it up on the forums.

So, why are saberists able to block while performing flykick? I remember when this was first introduced it was deemed op, so blocking with a saber was disabled while doing this move. Then, for some god forsaken reason it was reintroduced back to the game. All I can ask is, why? The move is very easy to perform and if a gunner is not anticipating it, then the gunner will not be able to dodge it. Even if the gunner predicts that the move is coming, then the saberist can just simply hold block while losing a bit fp and keep on going rather quickly. It is truly a low risk high reward move, and it feels very cheap to use it and die by it.

Suggestion: It is simple, remove the ability to be able to block during this move. Give it the high risk it deserves. As I said, this was implemented before due to flykick + saber being op and it made the move fair. It is absolutely nonsense that it got reversed back to its op original form and it has been like this for a very long time now.

Plx fix.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
I don't think it's a big deal. Rather than nerfing this move, I'd rather fix the combat in general with regards to flinch/fp drains and so on. It must be able to block saber hits, but maybe you can make an exception for blasters. I don't think it's needed though because you can crouch.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I don't think it's a big deal. Rather than nerfing this move, I'd rather fix the combat in general with regards to flinch/fp drains and so on. It must be able to block saber hits, but maybe you can make an exception for blasters. I don't think it's needed though because you can crouch.
Yeah I meant it shouldnt be able to block blaster fire during the move. Blocking sabers is ok. And if the move comes as a surprise (it is very easy to use as a surprise move) then no reflex in the world will let you crouch against it. Crouch also means youre letting the saberist get even closer while you move slow and it is down to the ”who gets lucky” -factor and usually it is in the favor of the saberist.

Never really thought about this until now but after reading I completely agree with a removal of the block.

This thread is so...2? 3? years ago?

Longer?

This shit should have been done and over. The fact this thread exists is a testament to the....I'll trail off here and leave it to your imaginations. :rolleyes:

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
You shouldn't be able to block blasters during the jump kick, and I certainly don't recall the vulnerability removal being documented in any changelog. Probably an accident, but all the more reason to stop messing with the saber system endlessly. Almost impossible to properly QA all the mechanics and their permutations.

Not as low risk high reward as quicknade troopers with 6 bloody nades. You can't defend against them and you can't block when knockedown. Egsnskwhddhdhdhb

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Not as low risk high reward as quicknade troopers with 6 bloody nades. You can't defend against them and you can't block when knockedown. Egsnskwhddhdhdhb
One of my favorite builds is t21 primary + 2 sec nades so I get 4 nades in total. If you can aim then that makes the build strong especially in defense but once youre out of nades and if some gunner comes at you aggressively (or jedi) then it is a different story. I mean if youre skilled you can still win dependin who you are fightin against but the odds are definitely against you. I would call this high risk high reward. The difference is that the amount of kicks as a jedi is unlimited while as an et you are limited to 2 nades per life, max 3 if you decide to go pistol (assuming you want 2 lives) and this limits your offensive power even more.