Noel's Dueling Guide [1.6 - parts outdated]

I learned most of this things just playing with other players (some masters teaching in servers) THIS IS A GREAT GUIDE :D

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Noob said:
I've seen players mention AP and it's also shown in some of the FA descriptions "AP Multiplier" Any idea what it is? I'd assume attack points but I have no idea where it fits in with the rest
FA's AP multiplier is basically an inherent damage boost that's applied before any other damage multipliers are taken into account (basically an increase to base damage).

If you're talking about AP values, then that's the offensive rating number used in determining how much damage a style does (in contrast with its BP value, which is the defense rating). Said value(s) are used in the weird math used to see how much damage a swing is going to do (in terms of BP drain).

ACC used to be the number of attacks you needed to made in order to get 1 ACM, its nothing relevant now since you get ACM in each hit after your first single hit, however, in 1.3 was important, if i remember it properly, it was:

3 ACC = 1 ACM for fast styles.
2 ACC = 1 ACM for medium styles.
1 ACC = 1 ACM for strong styles.

*ACC stands for Attack Chain Counter
The numbers for getting ACM are incorrect but the rest is on point (also ACC stands for Attack Chain Count but minor semantics). This is also how I'm putting ACM back for the simplified version of stuff to be tested.

Last edited:
Can someone explain me in detail what the difference between Half Swinging and a combo is?
A half swing is much slower, if you look at the videos in the guide, you'll see that the swings are closer to single hit swings compared to combos which are a lot quicker.

Half swings count as combo hits, so you can do a maximum of 3 with yellow (i.e: Regular hit > half swing > half swing > half swing) or you could do a 2 hit combo and 2 half swings.

Half swings give you ACM when you hit an opponent succesfully (flash of a red crosshair), and they give you +1 ACM for each swing, whereas combos give +1 ACM no matter how many swings you do.

For example, a regular hit and 3 half swings = 4 ACM, a 4 hit combo = 1 ACM, a 2 hit combo followed by 3 half swings = 3ACM.

People use half swings in order to gain ACM quickly, and to avoid being slapped, since swingblocking a half swing is easy compared to a combo.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

A half swing is much slower
It's not a story the Jedi would tell you

O7ScvTw.gif

will this guide be updated for actual MB version? Or is there no much differences compare 1.5 and 1.5.3?

why are hate the game in its current state?
If i tell you why I'll get half the community trying to throat fuck me so I don't try to offer criticism anymore (ive also lost interest)

Basically parrying is broken (still) and dueling has lost its older flair, skill ceiling and individuality

The only thing I can hope and pray for is that Tempest saves us all

Rev

If i tell you why I'll get half the community trying to throat fuck me so I don't try to offer criticism anymore (ive also lost interest)

Basically parrying is broken (still) and dueling has lost its older flair, skill ceiling and individuality

I whole heartedly support your quest against this god awful sabering system. No offense meant @ Stassin and Tempest. But it's truly awful. Please fix. Make this fight game centered sabering system a duel mode only thing.

Hessu

Internal Beta Team

The only thing I can hope and pray for is that Tempest saves us all
How is parrying broken?

How is parrying broken?
Person A: 4 hit
Person B: Tries to parry or counter
Person A: haha no
Person B: :( 4 hits back
Person A: Tries to parry or counter
Person B: haha no
Person A; 4 hits back

Etc etc