•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] If I try to start the launcher, it doesnt start at all.

My problem is:

after i install the Mod, the Launcher starts - updates - etc.

I can go as far as into the lobby, join a game but get kicked out as soon as the Map is loaded.

After that, when I want to restart the game - the MBIILauncher.exe wont even start.

Who can help me? i remember this mod from way back then and I want to play it so bad.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sounds like you have an unsupported configuration. Please provide:
  • Where Jedi Academy is installed
  • Where Steam is installed (if this is where you got JA)
  • Where the launcher EXE is located
  • A screenshot of your launcher settings

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
If MBIILauncher.exe does disappear from your GameData folder, it means you must configure or completely shut down your anti-virus.
btw, MBIILauncher.exe must be placed into "Jedi Academy\GameData", not any other folder.
Do not keep it in Downloads or Desktop.
You must move the file from Downloads to GameData manually, using Windows Explorer, or Total Commander, etc. It won't move itself.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
No. Should just need to get the launcher version linked on the Downloads page. It will bootstrap itself the rest of the way to the latest version. I have tested it. It will work just fine outside of GameData too, assuming you provide the right path when prompted if it isn't automatically detected.

@Deckard112 Please answer the other questions I had listed.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
No. Should just need to get the launcher version linked on the Downloads page. It will bootstrap itself the rest of the way to the latest version. I have tested it. It will work just fine outside of GameData too, assuming you provide the right path when prompted if it isn't automatically detected.
It works for you, but it doesn't work for everyone.
I've met multiple users with similar problems, sometimes only manual downloading works. That depends on a version of Windows installed, anti-virus, enabled privileges of a logged user and other factors.

Manually downloading the most recent MBII Launcher was originally proposed by Defiant: Technical Issue - Server disconnected: quit
I believe this is more safer and reliable way to get Launcher working, comparing to trying to fix the launcher from Download page.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
It works for you, but it doesn't work for everyone.
I've met multiple users with similar problems, sometimes only manual downloading works. That depends on a version of Windows installed, anti-virus, enabled privileges of a logged user and other factors.

Manually downloading the most recent MBII Launcher was originally proposed by Defiant: Technical Issue - Server disconnected: quit
I believe this is more safer and reliable way to get Launcher working, comparing to trying to fix the launcher from Download page.
Then there's little point in how it is being distributed now and all the files should be packaged together in a ZIP. Waste of time for everyone otherwise.