Deplete Block Points When Shot At

I'm making this thread because I believe that open servers often become duel servers with one life and an objective, and the power of the force users making many of the gun users/classes less viable. I believe that the force users are simply more powerful without a more simple way of defeating any opponents with a lightsaber without on of your own. Although I understand that it is possible to counter, it doesn't mean that it is in any shape or form easy. When generally happens is that there is a poor sap that is on a 1 on 1 with a Jedi and if they move they are force pushed, and if they crouch or walk they allow the Jedi to get closer to them and thus closing the gap for a strike on said soldier. I understand that they have to invest in block points to achieve a kill in this example, but I think that the block points still shouldn't be enough to kill a fully maxed out individual, but rather a whole squadron or so of troopers to bring down a user's block points down considerably (assuming that said force user had full or close to full blaster defense points). I also understand that there are ways to kill a user by other mans (i.e. poison darts, flamethrower, etc.) But these are all very limited, and if a user has something like rockets or a grenade it can be pushed right back at them, and even if the user has no force push they still have much higher mobility compared to other classes and can usually (or at least more easily) get away from the a.o.e. of the explosive. I am not a developer though and do not know that mindset or development scheduled of them and therefore don't know if this would be a good change, in fact I'm not sure if I even have enough time in the game for it being appropriate for me to suggest something like this and so I would like to hear the thoughts of others (especially vets and devs) on the subject because I understand that it may be a completely game breaking change for Open servers as we know it. If you decide to post plz understand that I'm only interested in the growth of the community and mod, but I understand that it may be harmful in the long run.

So idk if you've played enough mb2 to know about this, but jedi/sith have 2 different class exclusive bars, FP and BP. FP effects force powers and blocking blaster bolts, and BP effects saber vs saber fights only. Jedi get 100 fp, and 100 bp

When a jedi/sith is shot at, it they lose FP, and different guns do different FP drain. if the jedi uses push or pull, they lose 20 fp, so if you see a jedi use pull 3 times in a row, they just lost 60 FP. when a jedi is jumping, the FP regeneration stops, and will only continue when they land. Jedi's that use push can't use any other force power for 2 seconds after pushing, and a jedi that is currently swinging cant push either, so you can move around during those periods

BP is ONLY for saber vs saber, if your a gunner, you don't have to worry about it, When a jedi/sith jumps, they lose BP, and when the jedi/sith is running, they do not regen bp.

I understand that the force user (FU) takes a risk when using these methods, but they can regenerate fairly quickly and will most likely get the kill in the end. I also think that because there is no consistent way to combat a FU with a trooper, at least not one where you cant get close, in which case you might as well use a force user yourself, so i think that depleting BP with blaster fire would be a good compromise, especially when the amount of force points also cant be tampered with and they still have infinite block when it comes to blaster fire, they just cant use their force powers in the process. Hell, if they kill the guy he might just use the force power he wants before it's depleted, leaving you open to attack. Thank you for the feedback, and I hope I'm not coming off as mad or aggressive when writing this.

Shooting directly at a saberist drains their FP. If a saberist loses all FP, next gun shots will start damaging their health and can get killed very easily. I think you are misunderstanding what cannonfodder told you. BP Is only relevant in a fight with another saberist. BP can in no way save a saberist's life against a gunner.

neat idea, i could see it having some fun impact on the way jedi/sith are played in open with the right #s tied to the BP drain. FP drain feels pretty pitiful in the current patch, and having both FP and BP drain sounds pretty cool for spicing up the value of playing a gunner in a sea of sabers

Yeah I miss worded some stuff. I meant to kinda bunch up all of the damage from blocks into BP, or at least make the depletion of the FP faster. I apologize for the miscommunication.

Yeah I miss worded some stuff. I meant to kinda bunch up all of the damage from blocks into BP, or at least make the depletion of the FP faster. I apologize for the miscommunication.
So then a force user would have 0 chance in anything over than 1 gunner vs them (not accounting if classes such as mando,arc,sniper can keep their distance?)

Shooting directly at a saberist drains their FP. If a saberist loses all FP, next gun shots will start damaging their health and can get killed very easily. I think you are misunderstanding what cannonfodder told you. BP Is only relevant in a fight with another saberist. BP can in no way save a saberist's life against a gunner.
Furthermore, this change would require a rework of force powers as Saber Deflect requires force points and would provide a large boost to saber heroes since they will end up possessing more points to allocate in deflect's absence, going exactly against what you hoped for. Certain saber styles would also need to be accordingly adjusted as some are a lot slower than others (With heavy styles in mind) and logically taking more BP to block shots with. All of this culminates into less development time, which means having to wait longer for quintessential issues to be fixed. I am not trying to beat a dead horse, but these suggestions are taken very seriously by developers and should involve some additional research before being submitted.

So then a force user would have 0 chance in anything over than 1 gunner vs them (not accounting if classes such as mando,arc,sniper can keep their distance?)
wow, imagine a class losing a 2v1 a majority of the time, or having classes that counter them

god forbid we actually turn jedi/sith into a balanced class instead of watching them w+m1 through people willy nilly

wow, imagine a class losing a 2v1 a majority of the time, or having classes that counter them

god forbid we actually turn jedi/sith into a balanced class instead of watching them w+m1 through people willy nilly
There are many force user counters so dk what shit you're chatting there,and they can easily lose a 2v1 against gunners already;the only thing I would say about jedi that should change isn't the amount of fp they lose but instead decrease how much they have and this would therefore also require changing the FP usage of force abilities and focus to match the new amount of fp they could have.

There are many force user counters so dk what shit you're chatting there,and they can easily lose a 2v1 against gunners already;the only thing I would say about jedi that should change isn't the amount of fp they lose but instead decrease how much they have and this would therefore also require changing the FP usage of force abilities and focus to match the new amount of fp they could have.
increasing FP drain on block/deflect accomplishes the exact same effect without having to rework all the other numbers to compensate

you want to reduce the size of the pizza, when all you should be doing is increasing the size of the slices you take from the pizza

increasing FP drain on block/deflect accomplishes the exact same effect without having to rework all the other numbers to compensate

you want to reduce the size of the pizza, when all you should be doing is increasing the size of the slices you take from the pizza
Twice the Pizza,double the diabetes