Mos Eisley Map

dwarf

Donator
What happened to the Mos Eisley map that was put out on beta like 4 years ago?
It was open to all servers during a patch, it was a really great map to play on. Was it just scrapped altogether?
If you guys still have the map file, could you please link it on the forums. I'd like to add it to our server to play on.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
What does this mean for MBII Mac users?
Depreciated typically means they wont continue development of it and reserve the right to move it in the future. I can believe that apple would be stupid enough to actually do it, but I'd wager someone will write a Metal wrapper for OpenGL if it gets removed entirely.

Infraction: Spamming
What happened to the Mos Eisley map that was put out on beta like 4 years ago?
It was open to all servers during a patch, it was a really great map to play on. Was it just scrapped altogether?
If you guys still have the map file, could you please link it on the forums. I'd like to add it to our server to play on.

Cheers.
stfu

dwarf

Donator
Most likely development will cease, reminds me of how they drop support for Chrome on older operating systems, but the have the resources to still do it if they like.

If you do decide to pick up the Mos Eisley map again, it's very well received in our community. I uploaded the map to our server last night, we had a 9v9 on it. No negative reviews other than the obvious bugs and missing textures. Exactly how i remember it.

Pretty much. I would like to finish every project ever started. Motivation, and time is the main issue. There is so much I have to do from helping finish the ui, to tutorials, to dotf, to model optimizations, etc. Encourage me to keep working on things (especially thinks you want), and you might see more progress. Taking every opportunity to bash me for a single choice/decision is not going to get you anywhere.

Good stuff.
I'm really looking forward to the tutorials - will help me get a few of my friends into the game.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If it's anywhere it's probably here: MEGA

I'm sure there's a download for the version of MBII containing Mos Eisley out there. Someone has an archive with a good amount of old versions for download but I don't remember who.