I thought...

...not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.
hah, got you. But seriously I just started playing and this is pretty fun, i only play on something called tR Deathstar since its usually full. Ive finally learned how to roll too.

Ive finally learned how to roll too.
Bet you can't wait to see the duelling guides.
Also just a heads up, tR has *very* loose administration policy so take that however you will but I'm sure that with the anime profile picture you'll fit right in.
PS: Don't feed the trolls

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
i only play on something called tR Deathstar since its usually full.
Just a comment on this: If you idle in a different low-ping empty Open-mode server for a while, more people will join eventually. Which is kind of a hassle, yes. I just wish people would populate servers besides tR Deathstar, since there are many more maps to this game besides Death Star.

(When I'm active, I somewhat regularly populate/idle servers myself.)

Bet you can't wait to see the duelling guides.
Also just a heads up, tR has *very* loose administration policy so take that however you will but I'm sure that with the anime profile picture you'll fit right in.
PS: Don't feed the trolls
i have no idea what you mean, i didnt know there were admins, i dont even know how to jedi i just keep getting killed.

Just a comment on this: If you idle in a different low-ping empty Open-mode server for a while, more people will join eventually. Which is kind of a hassle, yes. I just wish people would populate servers besides tR Deathstar, since there are many more maps to this game besides Death Star.

(When I'm active, I somewhat regularly populate/idle servers myself.)
yea i see like one or two people sitting in rooms but when i join its just me.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
i didnt know there were admins
Yeah since team-killing is possible, admins are necessary. Tylenol's point about tR having a "loose administration policy" was a roundabout way of warning that tR servers tend to have some trolls in terms of both tking and just "offensive speech." Even tR members themselves troll, since it's a "non-PC clan." But it's the most popular server, too.

And it does have rules against TKing, which the admins are supposed to enforce. I honestly don't know either way how proactive tR admins are about admin-ing TKers. A few devs (Lindsey, Supa (retired dev), and myself) are admins on tR servers too.

yea i see like one or two people sitting in rooms but when i join its just me.
The "SF" servers have non-player bots in them for... automation purposes, I think, which makes their population look like 1 when it's really 0.

i have no idea what you mean, i didnt know there were admins
Good server have active admins, I'd recommend playing on SF whenever you get the chance, it has a bunch of automated administration stuff like anti-chatspam and a reports system. But Deathstar is fine for picking up the general rules and mechanics of the game.
i dont even know how to jedi i just keep getting killed.
MB2 is probably one of the most uncasual games out there. You really have to delve deep if you want to get "good" with it. A good place to start would be to read the "First day in MB2" post which can be found here https://community.moviebattles.org/threads/my-first-day-in-mbii.49/
There's some slightly old MB2 tutorial videos that you can watch as well though keep in mind some of the information can be very outdated. But there's also players in-game, some kind soul that might be willing enough to explain certain things and answer questions. Usually people will be happy enough to answer even the most basic stuff.

Good server have active admins, I'd recommend playing on SF whenever you get the chance, it has a bunch of automated administration stuff like anti-chatspam and a reports system. But Deathstar is fine for picking up the general rules and mechanics of the game.

MB2 is probably one of the most uncasual games out there. You really have to delve deep if you want to get "good" with it. A good place to start would be to read the "First day in MB2" post which can be found here https://community.moviebattles.org/threads/my-first-day-in-mbii.49/
There's some slightly old MB2 tutorial videos that you can watch as well though keep in mind some of the information can be very outdated. But there's also players in-game, some kind soul that might be willing enough to explain certain things and answer questions. Usually people will be happy enough to answer even the most basic stuff.
hm, considering they just tell me to git gud when i ask questions something tells me finding people to teach me might be a bit difficult.

Yeah since team-killing is possible, admins are necessary. Tylenol's point about tR having a "loose administration policy" was a roundabout way of warning that tR servers tend to have some trolls in terms of both tking and just "offensive speech." Even tR members themselves troll, since it's a "non-PC clan." But it's the most popular server, too.

And it does have rules against TKing, which the admins are supposed to enforce. I honestly don't know either way how proactive tR admins are about admin-ing TKers. A few devs (Lindsey, Supa (retired dev), and myself) are admins on tR servers too.

The "SF" servers have non-player bots in them for... automation purposes, I think, which makes their population look like 1 when it's really 0.
oh ok, so what servers are not toxic but i can learn on still?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
hm, considering they just tell me to git gud when i ask questions something tells me finding people to teach me might be a bit difficult.
mmm, honestly, the community definitely has some people who'll just tell you to git gud unfairly (which is nonsense/trolling if you're just asking questions), and it has lots of people who'll just ignore your questions, but it also has some people (like me) who'll answer questions, so you kinda gotta stick it out, ask questions, and see if anyone's around who's nice enough to answer them. MB2 definitely has a long history of people doing impromptu mentoring sessions with newbies, although perhaps that's become less common recently.

can also ask questions on the official Discord. You can find me on there and PM me directly if you want something explained, since I have a relatively encyclopedic knowledge of the game mechanics and common strategies, and an enthusiasm for helping anyone who wants to learn or improve. There's also a wiki, and guides, but neither are necessarily totally up-to-date.
oh ok, so what servers are not toxic but i can learn on still?
Eh, given that tR is the most popular North American server by far, it's often the only choice, and it's not really a bad choice. I think Tylenol was just warning you to anticipate (and ignore) toxicity. You can bring the console (tilde, or shift-tilde) and write "/ignore playername" (e.g. /ignore Padawan[1]) to block chat messages from someone, and if someone's TKing you, you should announce it and ask for an admin, although that won't guarantee a response.

Tylenol's European, so he has more freedom to play on non-tR servers. You could play on European servers, but I don't recommend it since I consider low ping extremely important. I do recommend at least glancing to see if anyone's trying to populate other North American servers, though. Although that recommendation is mostly just me selfishly wishing people would play maps besides Death Star. But Death Star is fun, and as a newbie you probably won't get tired of it for a while.

Last edited:
mmm, honestly, the community definitely has some people who'll just tell you to git gud unfairly (which is nonsense/trolling if you're just asking questions), and it has lots of people who'll just ignore your questions, but it also has some people (like me) who'll answer questions, so you kinda gotta stick it out, ask questions, and see if anyone's around who's nice enough to answer them. MB2 definitely has a long history of people doing impromptu mentoring sessions with newbies, although perhaps that's become less common recently.

can also ask questions on the official Discord. You can find me on there and PM me directly if you want something explained, since I have a relatively encyclopedic knowledge of the game mechanics and common strategies, and an enthusiasm for helping anyone who wants to learn or improve. There's also a wiki, and guides, but neither are necessarily totally up-to-date.

Eh, given that tR is the most popular North American server by far, it's often the only choice, and it's not really a bad choice. I think Tylenol was just warning you to anticipate (and ignore) toxicity. You can bring the console (tilde, or shift-tilde) and write "/ignore playername" (e.g. /ignore Padawan[1]) to block chat messages from someone, and if someone's TKing you, you should announce it and ask for an admin, although that won't guarantee a response.

Tylenol's European, so he has more freedom to play on non-tR servers. You could play on European servers, but I don't recommend it since I consider low ping extremely important. I do recommend at least glancing to see if anyone's trying to populate other North American servers, though. Although that recommendation is mostly just me selfishly wishing people would play maps besides Death Star. But Death Star is fun, and as a newbie you probably won't get tired of it for a while.
ok thanks for the tips, someone taught me in a duel server how to fight some although i still suck pretty bad. I played on a non-death star match that was full for a day but i haven't seen it since so i don't know where it went.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
ok thanks for the tips, someone taught me in a duel server how to fight some although i still suck pretty bad. I played on a non-death star match that was full for a day but i haven't seen it since so i don't know where it went.
all the servers "went down" today because there was a small patch. Each server needs to update before it'll show in-game again. Also: tR Deathstar is basically the only North America open server that you can count on to always have some population. Every other server comes and goes, population-wise.

all the servers "went down" today because there was a small patch. Each server needs to update before it'll show in-game again. Also: tR Deathstar is basically the only North America open server that you can count on to always have some population. Every other server comes and goes, population-wise.
oh ok, i thought something was weird because no one was playing. Thank you.