•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher MBII Launcher wont even open

Every time I try to open the launcher it asks to make changes to my hard drive. I give it permission to do so and then nothing happens. I've been trying to get this mod to work for over an hour and im losing my mind. I've had so many problems that I honestly cant even type them all. I just want to play the game ;-;

k4far

Banned
Donator
Every time I try to open the launcher it asks to make changes to my hard drive. I give it permission to do so and then nothing happens. I've been trying to get this mod to work for over an hour and im losing my mind. I've had so many problems that I honestly cant even type them all. I just want to play the game ;-;

Make sure Launcher is in GameData folder, open it and go to settings to see if the installation path visible is pointing at that folder's location. You can also try installing the game on a different hard drive.

I know that the launcher is in the Game Data folder, I've actually had the launcher open and joined a server before, but it gave me a weird error message and kicked me from all the servers I tried to join, so i think the problem just has to do with the launcher not wanting to open for some reason.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I know that the launcher is in the Game Data folder, I've actually had the launcher open and joined a server before, but it gave me a weird error message and kicked me from all the servers I tried to join, so i think the problem just has to do with the launcher not wanting to open for some reason.
That whole thing is ridiculous.

First, if had you Launcher correctly placed in GameData folder, and you couldn't play because you got kicked every time, you shouldn't move it to any other folder. You had to come to these forums and make a thread about that specific error.

Second, "weird error message" is absolutely pointless and useless way to speak about any computer-related issues. You are supposed always either to post a screenshot of the error message, or post a full and complete quotation of the error message. Everything else goes straight to /dev/null.
Please this document before posting new replies: www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Third, the previous remark also applies to "it asks to make changes to my hard drive".
Do not retell error messages with your own words, post direct quotes or screenshots.

Fourth, I believe that "weird error message" is "Please start the game via launcher and keep it running!".
This is what you have to do:
  1. Move MBIILauncher.exe to "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  2. Scroll to "Graveyard" and read a entry about "Please start the game..." here: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide
  3. If you still have any issues, describe them in detail, providing absolutely all possible information, including screenshot and/or quotations of error messages.

That whole thing is ridiculous.

First, if had you Launcher correctly placed in GameData folder, and you couldn't play because you got kicked every time, you shouldn't move it to any other folder. You had to come to these forums and make a thread about that specific error.

Second, "weird error message" is absolutely pointless and useless way to speak about any computer-related issues. You are supposed always either to post a screenshot of the error message, or post a full and complete quotation of the error message. Everything else goes straight to /dev/null.
Please this document before posting new replies: www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Third, the previous remark also applies to "it asks to make changes to my hard drive".
Do not retell error messages with your own words, post direct quotes or screenshots.

Fourth, I believe that "weird error message" is "Please start the game via launcher and keep it running!".
This is what you have to do:
  1. Move MBIILauncher.exe to "Jedi Academy\GameData"
  2. Scroll to "Graveyard" and read a entry about "Please start the game..." here: Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide
  3. If you still have any issues, describe them in detail, providing absolutely all possible information, including screenshot and/or quotations of error messages.

First, I would like to apologize for giving so little details and information to work with. I understand that its impossible to get help unless im being specific about the issues I am having. In the future i will be specific and give screen shots or direct quotes of the error messages I've encountered.

Anyways, the issue I am currently having is that I cant open MBII Launcher. Every time I attempt to open it i get this:

rip.PNG

I am not sure what other information i can give you to help me solve this problem. just in case i will leave a picture of my GameData for JA just in case something there is the problem.

JA Game Data page.PNG

If you need screenshots of anything else or have any questions about specifics i will be sure to respond.

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
it looks like you moved MBIILauncher.exe but not MBII_Patcher.dll. Both files are required. Regarding your original problem, there is a EULA screen that sometimes pops up behind other windows, you probably just need to minimise stuff untill you find it. I really need to find a way to fix it but because of how it was originally written its alot of work.

it looks like you moved MBIILauncher.exe but not MBII_Patcher.dll. Both files are required. Regarding your original problem, there is a EULA screen that sometimes pops up behind other windows, you probably just need to minimise stuff untill you find it. I really need to find a way to fix it but because of how it was originally written its alot of work.

Thank you so much its finally working!!!