•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

An issue with .net framework 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue, hopefully somebody will be able to help.
I got a new PC and installed the game from GOG torrents, after which I downloaded the launcher when I tried to start it up, it wanted to download .net framework 3.5. So far so good, the framework started to download and it gave me the following error which is attached to the screenshot.

I tried another way to bypass the launcher and start up the game through jedi academy, but I can't join any server. I have tried various solutions but I haven't managed to solve the issue so far.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.26 - 08.55.27.98.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2018.04.26 - 08.55.27.98.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 326
You should be able to get .net framework along some Windows Update. Get All in One Runtimes from Google.

I went through the all in one runtimes, sadly the error persists. I am honestly at the end of my wit. I have no idea what is causing this error.
But....given that it is a fresh install no more than 1 week old....I am unsure if something has to be configured to allow the use of .net framework 3.5.
Something is preventing the installation of the framework problem is that I have no idea what it is.
You cna have only so much version of .netframework activated at once. You will have to choose.

Tried it already.
Sadly it is not so simple.

I have similar problems and windows update won't fix it.
But SOmetime I manage to activate a ersion of .netframework, and desitavate anotehr somehow.

So now I have one more application that work and two that doesn't anymore.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I can enter in the game itself through JKA, but I don't understand why is there a need to keep launcher constantly on?
Launcher serves as anti-cheat but it's more of a meme.

Isn't there the issue of losing all of my data when I revert to old version of windows?
Yes, you make a copy of everything yourself.

I don't have a disk.
Modern computers no longer come with their operating systems on CD but instead they now have in-built hidden partition for recovery and other purposes. If you do not have any means to do a backup of your files consider some cloud service if it isn't much of files free service will be enough.

Go back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
  • To go back to a previous version of Windows, select Settings > Update & security > Recovery. The period you have to go back depends on what version of Windows 10 your PC is running after the upgrade. For example, if your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1511, you have one month to go back to a previous version. If your PC is running Windows 10 Version 1607 or later, you have 10 days to go back. (To see what version of Windows 10 your PC is running after you upgrade, select the Start button, then select Settings > System > About.)

• If going back isn't available, try restoring your PC to factory settings. This reinstalls the version of Windows that came with your PC and removes personal files, apps and drivers you installed, plus any changes you made to settings. Go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > Get startedand locate Restore factory settings.

• Or, if you have a product key for your previous version of Windows, use the media creation tool to create installation media for Windows 8.1 or Windows 7, and use it to do a clean install.

Launcher serves as anti-cheat but it's more of a meme.

Yes, you make a copy of everything yourself.

Modern computers no longer come with their operating systems on CD but instead they now have in-built hidden partition for recovery and other purposes. If you do not have any means to do a backup of your files consider some cloud service if it isn't much of files free service will be enough.

Go back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
I don't think that will work if his new rig was never on win7 or 8.1 and came only with win 10.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I don't think that will work if his new rig was never on win7 or 8.1 and came only with win 10.

Isn't that obvious?

There is a fair chance he used to have 8.1 or 7 just on a different laptop/computer, this is his new one. He could salvage his old key. Windows 10 brings us more problems than it's worth and his problem isn't even caused by our game or modification because almost everything requires net.framework it's just overcomplex, user unfriendly Windows Update out of Win 10 that breaks on it's own.

I am about 100% it's pirated, so the key thingy will be a bit of a problem :D
Also it might be because of a faulty windows, they didn't charge me for windows now I kinda understand why :D
tumblr_mtja48jHkl1rlkvavo7_500.gif

Edit: It's actually legit since it is key activated. My bad.

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
admin command prompt -> DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All

This has nothing to do with Windows 10.

admin command prompt -> DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All

This has nothing to do with Windows 10.

After I copy-pasted the code for the cmd promp and it started to run it's enabling feature thing after it hit 100% it gave me error 2.
Which says: The system cannot find the file specified.
I got an image of it, but sadly it says it is too big.

A bit of searching around suggests you might need to do an inplace repair of Windows 10:

Windows 10 .NET Framework 3.5, error 0x80070002 on running a game on Windows 10.

Sorry to repeat, the issue is fixed.
For future instances ppl have this bug, download media creation tool from Microsoft site, make an iso file using the media creation tool of windows 10, then extract from the ISO file the SOURCE folder and put it on your main drive directory, in my case it was C: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.