Emulating Duel Forms??

I'm simply curious, how many people try/succeed at mimicking forms in their duels? I personally try to use Ataru (though Yoda would say I do not), and I see the occasional player trying to half-swing cyan like a madman (vapaad?), so it made me wonder if it was indeed a thing here. I get that it might not be the 'optimal' playstyle, but it's a damn game, so why not enjoy sucking?

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Cyan used properly is arguably a lot like Form 2. Achilles uses Dooku with Cyan because of that I think. Form III's focus on defense makes it comparable to both Blue and Purple, although Blue can be played pretty aggressively, and maybe Purple can too.

Of course, saber styles don't correspond to forms, and a style can follow various forms depending on application, or a player could even switch between multiple styles while staying within one form. But I do think certain styles lend themselves well to certain forms/strategies/situations.

Many of the saber forms don't seem to be clearly defined in the Disney canon.

The "aggressiveness and unpredictability" of Vaapad/VII is definitely something top MB2 duelists tend to be good at, although I have encountered some seemingly-pretty-good duelists who favor defense (Form III?) much more heavily.

Yes I based a whole clan around it

We apply all saberforms to yellow and allow people to use other styles with saberforms if they want. For example, a Djem So player might learn how to play aggressive yellow and then learn Red on the side.

Not all saberforms are really that effective, especially in this build however. For example, Ataru yellow can be done but you're basically cucking yourself by doing it because there are far more reasons not to jump around then there are to jump around. Ataru red works a bit better but even then it isn't entirely worth it.

Obviously like Lessen said, the more obvious styles like form 3 (defensive), form 5 (aggressive), form 2 (we make it our footwork/eleganto style), form 6 (our balanced/neutral style), form 7 (our crazy yaw/spam fest style) are easier to perform in game and are more effective than using something like form 4 or 1.

I do teach something quit similar but adapted to mb2, altho it as nothing to do with the.. traditional stuff, so to speak.

I can transform noobs to some one who can actually defend them selves with a series of simple, yet effective moves I call the Form1, in about 10 to 15 mins.

It id based on my own combos, but also many observations and thing i've been teach by many masters.

I've got alot more in progress and I make sure to test it on good n bad players to test effectiveness.

Now if anything my style and what i teach would be a mix of Makashi, Soresu and Ataru.

I use these 3 forms into differents orders and transition to create both my unique style and combos.

Last edited:
Yes I based a whole clan around it
Is that what Y4 is? I'll admit, I've seen almost none of you ever around before, so I was unsure of what your guys' MO was. Cool to note though.

Not all saberforms are really that effective, especially in this build however.
Very true. I try to use Ataru, as it's simply my favorite style, but I notice the clear weaknesses within. Especially when a mistimed backflip can lead to half your bp disappearing, fml. But those sidejump halfswings are so fun!

Now if anything my style and what i teach would be a mix of Makashi, Soresu and Ataru.
Sounds interesting. Care to elaborate on said moves? Or, do I have to catch you in-game and beg~?

It's more of a see thing, I guess? Also still in progress.

It's been in work for about 2 months after I started to categorize + upgrade my combos to teach more easily to my friends! I soon found out that Form stuff could be applied in its own special way for mb2 dueling, which led to create my first Dueling Form.

It is a series of simple moves and timing that can be used to trap opponents into loops and get a certain, to total, or near control of the fight.

Along the way it also naturally teach them a lot of crucial aspects of duelings without me having to say much and explain it all separately in a complex and confusing manners.

It is reliable, simple, effective and teach the users many aspects of dueling, offence/defense and timings in a very quick way.

It still need a lot of polishing tho to face the top tier duelist more effectively with it, but its been very effective so far and I've transformed few noobs to people who can actually defend themselves in a matter of 20mins +/-

Quite surprising.

I consider it to be the next way to train people, might make videos about it in the near future.

It is so far the best method i've found to teach people who need it for the many reasons i've said above, especially since it can be learned very, very quickly due to it being very simple in its core...

It is both profitable for the master and the apprentice.. and much less confusing for the second.

Once my Form 1 is learned ( And with it, alot of aspects of Dueling ) I can right away focus on his/her footwork, yaws and pbs.

It's a very huge step forward and made very quickly.

And since it all happen pretty quickly ( Instead of being a very slow process ) It create much less confusion in the player's mind, which lead to his/her understanding of how dueling ( globally ) work in the first day, making him/her able to almost skip houndred of hours of pratice + explanation.

Last edited:
Is that what Y4 is? I'll admit, I've seen almost none of you ever around before, so I was unsure of what your guys' MO was. Cool to note though.

Very true. I try to use Ataru, as it's simply my favorite style, but I notice the clear weaknesses within. Especially when a mistimed backflip can lead to half your bp disappearing, fml. But those sidejump halfswings are so fun!
Well we're an EU clan so that's probably why.

And yeah, Aizen manages to pull off a somewhat acrobatic red but i find that other than 'Sev jumps' (non force jump), the occasional blackflip, cartweel and 'noswing' (delaying a backflip till part way through an animation causing an instant hit with almost no animation on landing) it's pretty much wasted. Maybe if jumping didnt cost BP it would be more effective but I also can't begin to imagine what meta would come out of that lol

For the game's sake it's better to leave acrobatic styles as something extremely difficult to pull off, that way when someone does it properly it is actually impressive

Well we're an EU clan so that's probably why.

And yeah, Aizen manages to pull off a somewhat acrobatic red but i find that other than 'Sev jumps' (non force jump), the occasional blackflip, cartweel and 'noswing' (delaying a backflip till part way through an animation causing an instant hit with almost no animation on landing) it's pretty much wasted. Maybe if jumping didnt cost BP it would be more effective but I also can't begin to imagine what meta would come out of that lol

For the game's sake it's better to leave acrobatic styles as something extremely difficult to pull off, that way when someone does it properly it is actually impressive
Hm i focus my style on hard yaws pbs and once in a while these jumping spin attacks (not force jumps) that i use with the use key. And i focus on aggresion too. I say my style is a mix of Djem so, Vapaad, and Ataru.