•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Server invisible to people other than me and can not join through IP | Guide Port Forwarding cont.

I started explaining my troubles of creating my own server initially on Fletcher Time's guide to port forwarding and a lot was answered for me but a new problem was present.
My server appears on both the Internet source and the LAN source and I can join the server perfectly fine with my connection showing in the server cmd. The trouble is my friends are unable to see the server on the Internet source or join through my IP. When I connect using just my IP it works fine but my buddies are stuck forever at the awaiting connection screen and it does not show in the cmd. My server is also absent from Jacklul's server list.
No I do not have a max ping...
For this screenshot I joined the server and never disconnected, just got kicked back to spectator after being idle.

Attachments

• completenoob.png
    completenoob.png
    666.9 KB · Views: 491
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    108.2 KB · Views: 375
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    8 KB · Views: 400

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
You should read my latest post in port forwarding guide thread, it's all explained there.

Forward 29070 - 29080 range,
-or-
Always start a server when no MBII itself us running, and no other server instances are running.

Always check what port was actually opened by jampDed.exe by scrolling and examining console.
Again, check out my latest post in port forwarding guide thread to see a screenshot.

After a small break and after attempting to port forward and create a private server with another game, Ark survival evolved, I actually ended up having the same issue where I could see and join the server perfectly fine but my friends could neither see or join the server. With my servers running I checked the ports with several port checking websites (e.g) all telling me my ports were closed.
I've fully allowed the server related apps through my firewall but still the same problem occurs. This makes me wonder if this whole issue is ISP related or something just wrong with my Netgear Nighthawk R7000...

Usually two things can block their connection:
  1. A firewall software - this will probably ask you if you enable the server to listen on the port, so it's easy
  2. You are behind a NAT. Which is a way for multiple computers to share the same IP address:
    1. If you are only behind your router's NAT, you can tell it to forward the ports.
    2. But if you are also behind your ISP's NAT, you are in a bit of trouble. You can know it if your router has been assigned an IP address in the range 100.64.0.0 - 100.127.255.255.
      Then your best option is to ask your ISP what to do. Eg. mine give an unshared IP address when asked.
      If you are put behind a NAT and no way to get out of it, you may still be able to play with friends if you can punch a hole. That would complicate a bit the joining process though.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
After a small break
Have you even read my latest post?
Last time you didn't configure port forwarding and server properly, that's why it didn't work.

Your most recent screenshots literally shows that port forwarding was configured for 29070, but server was using 29071. Literally.
Indeed that just couldn't work.
With my servers running I checked the ports with several port checking websites (e.g) all telling me my ports were closed.
Don't trust those sites, they show "port is closed" all the time, even when port is obviously opened.
Before drawing such far-reaching conclusions, you were supposed to check those sites themselves by entering IPs and ports of well-known, currently active MBII servers.
And guess what? yougetsignal.com claims that IP:ports those are used by BG, tR and AOD are closed.
This makes me wonder if this whole issue is ISP related or something just wrong with my Netgear Nighthawk R7000...
Well, though it's possible that your ISP put you behind a NAT, and it's much less likely that your router is out of order, but the most probable version is that port forwarding still isn't set up correctly.

Check everything once again, and post screenshots of:
  1. MBII server console, where port which is actually in use could be seen
  2. Property page of a connection, where IP-addresses could be seen
  3. Port forwarding settings of the router.
Contact tech support of your ISP, or contact some other clients of your ISP.
Maybe there are community forums dedicated to your ISP.

Post name of your ISP.