1.4.6 Official Feedback Thread

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Please use this thread to give us some official feedback on V1.4.6 Update Released

Both positive and negative feedback is welcome!

Please ensure you use bullet point format and not write long paragraphs, for example:

• DOTFV2 looks amazing! So much better than Battlefront!
  • We need some female mandalorians.
  • Krennic's cape looks weird, since I can see some discoloration.
  • New dodge seems too powerful.

Posts not following this format will be removed.

DO NOT start conversations here on gameplay changes. If this thread turns into a discussion it will be locked.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
  • Dodge: Dodge can be activated too often, only allow it to be activated when you are maxed on stamina
  • Dodge: Indicate Dodge being active with Green or Blue in Stamina bar
  • Dodge: Indicate Dodge being on cooldown with Red in Stamina bar
  • Dodge: Indicate Dodge being active by swapping running animation to Staff running animation
  • Dodge: To avoid dodgers sliding during dodge, only animate from the waist up, keep legs moving as normal
  • SKB: Starkiller Base objectives need to be 0s plants if there are to be 6 of them
  • SKB: Add a 3rd entrance to Starkiller Base objective
  • Sounds: New lightsaber cutting sound effects are too loud, cap them to - 3dB
  • Sounds: Lightsaber cutting sound effects also feel unresponsive -> there's probably empty space before the actual sound clip, get rid of that shit
  • Mandos: New mandalorian icons are missing their env shaders so they look hella weird
  • Mandos: Mandalorian pants' textures are pisspoor ugly'
  • DOTF: Add announcement for Defenders when objective is being captured
  • DOTF: Lighting needs more shadows. Brightness is okay, but it's just too matte. Need shadows for contrast and shape.

Last edited:
  • DOTF - New DOTF looks great, with some exceptions.
  • DOTF - New DOTFs lighting is done differently from most other maps in the game, and it gives me eye strain like crazy after about 2 hours.
  • DOTF - New DOTF is in every way inferior to the original in terms of gameplay, with removal of pit, and the addition of spawn protection being the only real good changes, though I would have preferred just to turn off the forcefields, and keep pit.
  • DOTF - Make capture time for throne longer, or revert to having some blockage preventing entrance until the blockage is dealt with.
  • DOTF - Add more incentive to actually do the side obj. Currently the only reason I actually do secondaries is because I like the garden area.
  • STARKILLER - Starkiller base is okay.
  • ABILITIES - Dodge is great, though it could use some changes.
  • WEAPONS - I feel like Bowcaster bolt speed should be increased for the first two levels, since they are pretty much single fire weapons, now. It feels like I'm playing with a gimped p3.

• Starkillerbase:
  • No way to flank without doing the secondary objective
  • Not enough cover in both of the side corridors
  • Side door should be open sooner or instantly
  • Obj should be a 1 sec hack max since there are 6 of them
  • Wookiee:
  • You basically removed the viable build and put one in that is even higher skillcap
  • Not worth getting 100 hp for only having charged shot(More useful to charge every shot than to shoot normally)
  • Dodge is very very good now, maybe a little too good
  • EE3 still not nerfed(WHY?)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Wookiee Bug:
  • Scoping or unscoping while holding a charge shot seemingly resets your charge. It definitely resets your ammo consumption for the charge. If you hold a charge and just scope and unscope every few seconds you can "hold" the shot indefinitely while eating through all your ammo.
  • plz-o fix-o

Last edited:
  • Fix sabering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Get rid of that really bad quality plo koon model, no one uses it and there's a way more HD version of it already in the game. Replace with something better (Kota model/another generic jedi like mexican jedi and the old guy)
  • Add kota model.

Last edited:

StarWarsGeek

Internal Beta Team
Dodge
  • New dodge is much more practical and fun to use, although slightly OP in current state.
  • Ben's dodge changes sound good.
  • Also tweak dodge regen times per level, so it takes the same amount of time for each to regen to max.
    • Reason: With Ben's changes and current regen times, level 1 could end up being more useful than higher levels because it can be used in short bursts more often.
Bowcaster
  • Bowcaster 2 was overnerfed.
  • One possible fix: Improve level 2's primary fire accuracy to be on par with level 3 while keeping low fire rate.
Starkiller Base
  • Map lacks cover. Throw some more boxes in main and side.
DotF
  • Gen beams take too many shots to break. A roughly 25% decrease in HP would be good.
  • Left and right corridor to throne should be swapped.
    • Reason: Left corridor is a really fun change of scenery and offers interesting gameplay variety. However, it sees too little action. In contrast, right corridor is rather bland but sees much more action due to the rebs approaching from gen.
  • Blacked out windows in hall to throne to save FPS look bad. It would look better to just not have windows on that side at all.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
  • I think Bowcaster'll be fine as a high skill weapon once the scoping-resets-charge bug is fixed. It's almost like an EE-3 or a scoped T-21, albeit with MUCH HIGHER base damage (at full charge.) 240 iirc. vs 100 for EE-3 and 60 for T-21.

• Agree that the blacked-out windows in DOTF are ugly.

• I think main Dodge counterplay is to bait them into wasting their dodge.
    But

• It should be easier to tell when they've activated Dodge

• You shouldn't be able to activate Dodge when you have less than 33% charge.

• This would be corny, but, Dodge should give your character a yellow aura around their torso. (And Stamina should give your feet a blue aura). (Just, like, 2D circular gradient "glows.") It would look a bit MMORPG-ish but it would be a big step for accessibility. Currently newbies can go for a long time without even realizing Stamina exists or that you can Stamina Walk.

(don't Heal and uh Force Rage or w/e it is already give you blue/red auras in the base game? So the fundamental feature is already available.)

• Dodge shouldn't work for leg shots. It suits the animation AND it provides some counterplay, as legs shots are lower dmg anyway. And it makes Dodge even MORE of a "fighting from cover" tool, as you can hide your legs with cover.

• Making you glow blue whenever you have Stamina active would add a whole new layer of Morse Code based humor. Or just blinking your blue light at people as a greeting.

Last edited:
Starkiller map
  • Defense is extremely hard unless you have a good amount of skill on the team
  • What's the purpose of that long bridge at OBJ? A lot of people just use it for deka... Kinda nice defense but odd imo. Kinda like catwalk to me, except easier to chase down.
  • Like already said, not a whole lot of cover
  • OBJ is somewhat not cool, it's just an instant win, I feel like there should be a small countdown or something
Models
  • I haven't tested ALL of the models but... quite a few of the mandalorians, their taunts are super quiet and it's just annoying. I wanna sound cool, not whisper into someones ear
  • A few of the jedi-Like Robed Obi wan- Have clipping issues on the upper back when you swing. It's not a big deal or anything, just something that slightly makes me scream out loud in agony.
  • Is it just me or is the Long hair Rey model, why are her hands orange red? could someone point out why that's a thing for me
That's like all I have to say atm, cause other people can probably give better feedback, but that's my two cents

EDIT
DOTFV2
  • Obj is way too fast, like it's cool but... You literally have to go out in the open to stop it, and that sucks when you're outnumbered.
MODEL 2
  • lol yeah, um, the phasma model, fucking disgusting. It clips like a madman

Last edited:
Dotfv2:
  • Overall: It's a great and very appreciated improvement. It plays faster, keeps the essence of the old map and negates the boredom of multiple years playing the old version.
  • Fps issues around Throne Room and Hangar: Fps improvements for the Throne Room should be the focus for any later version. Adding another door after the stairway and placing the whole thing a little bit further back could do the job.
  • Visibility in the Long Corridor: As Imperials it's very hard on the eyes trying to focus on Rebels in front of the big window on the back of the corridor. You could make the bottom of the window start just above the head of a grown Wookiee.
  • Visibility in the Federation Room: Increase the brightness slightly, so that the contrast to the rest of the map isn't that great.
  • T-Junction: It doesn't feel natural having this tight room with tiny doors in front of the big stairway hall. That's the least important issue tho.
Starkiller Base:
  • Overall: Nice layout, haven't played much but will try to get more time with it.
  • Fps issues: I have asked others and noone seemed to have noticed anything bad. I have some of the worst fps drops of all maps in some corridors tho.
  • Bombing Area: Could use some changes to make it easier for Rebels to get into the area or to spot enemies once you are in it (cleaning up some boxes, cables and stuff).
Bowcaster Level 2:
  • The change only nerfs Level 2 (and way too much), completely messing up the inner class balance. If at all, the whole weapon needs a balance fix. Remove the change and improve the Bowcaster balance by slightly reducing the damage output for any weapon mode instead.
Dodge:
  • Step in the right direction, Ben's and Lessen's ideas seem interesting to further improve it.
SBD Zoom Overlay:
  • Not working for myself. I use a custom crosshair replacement, but even after switching to a base crosshair it doesn't show. I might try it without the crosshair replacement later.
Missing, but should be absolutely on top of any priority list:
  • EE-3 Balance Fix: I don't understand why it is still untouched, it's getting frustrating.
  • Inevitable crash after x rounds/minutes: Speaks for itself.
  • Bug after mapswitch: The one where your screen is wobbling and you can only fix it by reconnecting.

Last edited:

Nex

EU Official Server Admin
Dotf:
  • Main (and not only main) is WAY too bright, lowering gamma doesn't help much, overall lightining on the map should be adressed cuz my eyes hurt after 10 mins of playing there
  • Left corridor should be open for imps. I'd even go further and move left corridor back completely to tjunc. It servers no purpose when sides are closed. Only forces less intelligent imps players to be spread out and trapped.
  • No indication when throne is being capped, also it's a bit too fast
  • Map is already too big with many open spaces and I heard there are plans to expand it... please don't
  • Something could also be done to fps drops I'm sure.
Starkiller:
  • Exactly everything what gumba said
Models:
  • What's up with custom taunts for some characters like Krennic, unmasked Kylo and much more? They sounds very autistc to say the least.
  • Saw Garrera, Tarkin, Cad bane, Darth Sion, Atton Rand, Jar Jar? When? All these models are around for years as far as I'm concerned (except of Saw)
Bowcaster 2:
  • Why do you touch and tweak things that were completely fine and need no changes? Bring it back to previous fire rate and no charge.
Missing/bugs:
  • Deka roll bug fix. Still broken when quick deploy ability is picked
  • Dodge is ridiculous now. I mean, in every sense of this word. You can't possibly give a godmode for a hero/et for 2 sec or so.
  • Crashes... more frequent... more annoying than ever.
  • Force Block 1 needs improving, been saying this for years. Give it at least 5 fp more.
PS. Don't you dare to touch EE-3 or bring catwalk back.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Hey guys, just posting here with permission to address some of the feedback. Particularly repeats. If you feel like responding feel free to do in discord or whatever. Keep this thread clean please.

DOTF Lighting
This is one of the things that is definitely changing. I have said this in other threads but the overbrightness of the map is due to running a bounce compile and not having enough time to compensate (believe me it was brighter before release) for the increased brightness. Bounce compile was needed as several areas of the map were really oddly lit without the bounce light. I should have started testing that final compile sooner but I forgot about it. Don't worry I am on it.... after this CC compile finishes.

Throne Proximity Indicators
There are currently proximity indicators for throne. However there seems to be some reports of specific servers not having the center print pop up. Cause is unknown at this time as my own testing on both EU, US windows, linux servers and play on several public severs the message can still be seen. However for some reason on BG servers they are not being shown properly. Viserys is looking into that as so far it seems to be isolated to BG. The entities themselves are the same as the old DOTF, just expanded in size. I may separate the main routes proximity indicator from the side routes as they are both on the same indicator at the moment. There are plans to update the capture entity with a way to automatically broadcast when being captured. I may do a temporary work around until that is done however.

Capture Point
Personally I think 12 seconds is about a perfect amount of time so I think I will be leaving that for now as people learn the map as I change a few other things about notifications and side routes to see the impact of those. If after that time the capture time still needs to be increased, we can look into doing that.

Generator beams
I have conflicting feedback regarding the beam health. Some say too little, some say too much. So that will be staying as-is for now as that kind of feedback is usually a good indicator of it being in the right spot.

Throne Windows
I will be changing the texture on these to more match the non-existent window parts in the actual palace this was filmed at. One of the things I ran out of time doing.

DOTF Framerate
The map is just about as optimized as it can be. There were some bugs with VIS around throne but I managed to fix most of that just before release. I will see if I can do much more. However, we found that a lot of the framerate problem is not really a fault of the level itself. The level itself is actually pretty well optimized. The problem is just exacerbated by the increase in I did some quick testing with Aaron and we found multiple player models that just completely eat resources. For example, one Wookiee model uses over 1/2 the resources of the entire hangar on DOTF. This one model also happens to have more triangles when paired with its holstered weapons, than Battlefront 2 (2017)'s Naboo N1 Starfighter while also not having LoDs meaning it is drawing at that high density even when it is across the map causing alpha overdraw (fur), quad overdraw, and a bunch of other issues. And it is far from the only model with this issue. So if a single player model is eating so many resources compared to the map. There really isn't much I can do when I can't have the detail of just two player models on the map. This is also a perfect example of why we can't just add every model and skin in existence into the mod.

Side Routes
I will be reopening side routes giving defending team members additional escape routes. As for swapping them, that is quite a lot of work. I would like to wait a bit more on attempting something like that but I do see the argument for it and do agree a bit. Would be pretty difficult to swap left side over to the right though, not sure how much room there is. Might have to shift throne to the left more. Definitely going to entirely screw with the lighting though.

Additional note
I am not sure who said I was expanding DOTF further? I don't believe I ever said that and there are no plans to do so. This is as big as the map is going to get. I do plan on doing more work, such as updating the skybox and whatnot but that is an entirely different task.

Last edited:
  • Dodge: Dodge can be activated too often, only allow it to be activated when you are maxed on stamina
  • Huge improvements with Dodge this build, and I agree it is a bit overpowered. However, only being able to use it when maxed would make level 3 dodge for heroes worse (at considerably higher cost iirc). You would be pinned down a while before you could reactivate. Maybe, you can only activate when you have at least 1 second of dodge available.
  • Bowcaster 2 was overnerfed, but I like @StarWarsGeek 's idea of keeping level 3 accuracy for level 2.
  • DOTF v2 is a breath of fresh air, great job! I want to live in the left route, but I would die of loneliness atm.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
  • SKB: Starkiller Base objectives need to be 0s plants if there are to be 6 of them.
  • SKB: Add a 3rd entrance to Starkiller Base objective
  • I disagree, with a half full game all the rebs can do the obj faster than imps can reach obj from side (maybe do something like other maps where elements vary based on amount of players)
  • 3rd entrance would be great, perhaps a vent from main entrance room that leads to the lower level of obj room.
Dodge shouldn't work for leg shots. It suits the animation AND it provides some counterplay, as legs shots are lower dmg anyway. And it makes Dodge even MORE of a "fighting from cover" tool, as you can hide your legs with cover.
  • this

DotF
--> IMO the very same problems are still part of the new map, which should be changed
- the generator room is still totally unnecessary in this map, its just a huge area to waste time and to unnecessarily divide the players on the map (+ obviously to waste resources of the players' PC)
- the side route to the imp spawn should open directly from the hangar (even as a "secret" passage; obviously with the necessary changes to prevent accessing areas too early)
- the hacks of the side routes to the throne should be accessable near to the closed doors, not from the gen: if the rebs capture those areas, they deserve to open those closed doors (or more likely to destroy those doors, because it looks silly, that the throne room defences can be overwritten from a totally different area of the palace)
- the hack of the imp spawn - hangar doors should be on the side route to the imp spawn; this way the imps still could protect a single area (side corridor to imp spawn) to prevent being flanked through the imp spawn; while they could protect the other side route by holding the long/main corridor
- imp spawn door to the old T-Junction area should be unlocked by default; if the rebs reach that area, the secondary spawn points should be activated, and the imps should spawn at the throne (dont know if this works this way atm or not), so preventing rebs to access that area is unnecessary, it just gives an unfair advantage to the defender players to flee, if they failed to run away in time
- imps have way too many chances to flee/run away, if they failed to escape when it was possible... the attacker team should be rewarded if they flank/overrun the defender team, because the imps can simply retreat anytime they want, before they're killed (example: every door which can be opened by imp players, but not by rebs)

--> I'm glad that the map is more brighter, but I see you want to change that, so please, could you also release a version of this map (the .bsp file) in the future, which is compiled the same way as this version? Same goes to popular, but darker maps as DS, Lunarbase, Korriban, etc. If it is not a problem for you, I'd like you to do it, because it'd be a huge improvement for those who see the maps too dark, while the "default" version can remain darker, just as you want them to be.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
  • No one seems to have brought it up, but the DotF objective is bugged. It can be capped regardless of how many Imps are defending it.

• Dodge is better now, though I believe it should have less up-time, and be possible to cancel it, allowing for management of the stamina, but less-overall invulnerability. GoodOl'Ben's idea would be annoying.

• Gen needs to be more useful. Larger reactors for more cover, and as I told Mace, one could fix the map's issue with team divide by giving a reason for Imps to go side. I suggest re-introducing Pit, and adding an objective for Imps to capture that would win the game for them. With tweaking of spawns, this would make the map quite interesting and actually make the side route useful.

Theed_Generator_Complex.png

• Note how large the reactor shielding is, and how the walkways are wider. The anti-'camping' bias for Gen has made this entire area utterly useless. It used to be excellent for Sith to divide the attention of Jedi/Gunners. I wouldn't even duel here now in duel mode with how tiny it is.

• Bowcaster 2 is overpowered due to charge shot.

Hero

• Now I know this is a beaten topic, but.... Hero is pretty OP now, considering you can grab E-11 or P3- and get heal 3- dodge 3- and dash. Or you could just get p1 and a proj. IMO that's pretty deadly, and needs to be looked at some, because I was able to go a very good score with it, as I can regen my hp before any gunner can kill me as long as I use dodge and dash well. and E-11 Or P3 is super fucking deadly with this, even with low ammo, I just think it needs to be considered

• Good job on the models.
  • New dotf is really cool but I think you really need to get used to it.
  • Wook’s bowcaster 2 seems to be wrong. I literally see no point in it now. So really disappointed in that.
I also think that there should be model menu like in Peneke pack. It just seems to be so much better.

Starushka

- DOTF. The only thing i miss is a naboo starfighters flies off from the hangar on round start. Awesome map.
- Great patch overall.