[VIDEO] Shady duels #1

Lul what a surprise. Nice to see you release something, but goddamn you're zoomed out far, lol.
I just can't help it. In open, it's essential for me to be able to see my surroundings without spinning like a mad man -> due to playing open with this FOV setting for so much, I got used to it and now dueling like that is natural c:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Huh, there's cvars to move your camera back like that, and they're unlocked?

Shouldn't those be locked..?

(I mean, I know it's also possible to set cameradamp and targetdamp to 0 and freeze your camera in one spot, and with the use of binds that has some potential for exploitation, but, this is kinda worse than that.)

(I mean, I know it's also possible to set cameradamp and targetdamp to 0 and freeze your camera in one spot, and with the use of binds that has some potential for exploitation, but, this is kinda worse than that.)
Check out the video description to find your answer

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team

If anything things like cg_thirdpersonrange should be unlocked instead of locked, because people using peneke has that option to adjust via a slider whilst people without peneke cannot do so. It would be better to unlock it than leave as is or go witchhunt on peneke ui's.

EDIT: The CMD is already locked as a console command, but the penekeslider bypasses it. That's why I think it should just be unlocked for all rather than give the option only to users of peneke.

EDIT2: cg_fov is diff cmd than thirdpersonrange and is locked at 97 in peneke aswell ( I think ). thirdpersonrange is locked by default, whilst fov is capped at 97.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
@SeV I suppose I'm assuming that if it became locked, it wouldn't be changeable via Peneke either.

For instance, FOV is capped at 97, and I'm assuming even if Peneke had an FOV slider with "extended range," it wouldn't be able to actually override the lock/cap, no matter how hard it tried.

you had to go put bmth on it

brings me back to being 14

nice vid otherwise and +rep for architects haha

I used to have that FOV in 1.4 to abuse buggy pb angles lol, and used it when i first started with red, wathever, good video, next time put me on the video

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
So zoomed out :eek: I don't even like 97 fov I play with 90 ha

I was really surprised to learn that some people actually play on less than max fov, like I think Kael uses default fov (80). Soo yeah :)