•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Crashing after joining any server

Hi guys,

it's been a few years since i played this mod.
Bought a new pc so i was like lets see if there's still people playing.
After downloading jk3 i reinstalled mb2, however i keep crashing ( this game has stopped working properly etc.) between 1 and 2 minutes after i join a server.
Im using windows 8.1 so i went to options and set the launch file to compatible mode (windows 8.1) i also tried starting the game as administrator but it only gives me a few seconds extra before crashing..
Any ideas anybody? Thanks a lot already!

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hi, try a couple of the following things:
  • Make sure the directory where your game (and MB2) resides isn't read only.
  • Enable logging on the launcher, and then repair from within the launcher.
  • See if you get the issue also on MB2 client, or if it only occurs with the jamp engine
  • Lower the graphics settings ingame
If none of that works, see if you can post your system specs here.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
If you already use MBII Client, select jamp. Still crashes?

Hi, try a couple of the following things:
  • Make sure the directory where your game (and MB2) resides isn't read only.
  • Enable logging on the launcher, and then repair from within the launcher.
  • See if you get the issue also on MB2 client, or if it only occurs with the jamp engine
  • Lower the graphics settings ingame
If none of that works, see if you can post your system specs here.
~
Hi it was on read only but made no difference.
I enabled logging on the launcher en repaired it, now when i join a server it says DISCNNECTED: Please start the game via launcher and keep it running..
I tried to run it on mb2 client but mb2 doesnt start and tells me MSCVP140.dll is missing on your pc, you may be able to solve this problem by reinstalling the program.

And im a newbie with pc's so how to post any specs?

MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" (skip if there's no such checkbox) => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
If you already use MBII Client, select jamp. Still crashes?

I found this on an earlier topic:

Because this was solved on our Discord server, I'm going to post the solution here for anyone else having this problem. It's caused by not having the latest Microsoft Visual C++ . I had this problem myself a while back.
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center
x86 one.
The redistributable contains not just 2 DLL's, it contains all the needed tools and those tools work for all the new programs that require those DLL's.

I installed it and i can open mb2 now trough the mb2 client but whenever i join a server it gives me: DISCNNECTED: Please start the game via launcher and keep it running error again....
Here's a screenshot
Btw i also tried setting the video options to default, but no difference for me :(

Attachments

• shot2017-10-12_12-46-39.jpg
    shot2017-10-12_12-46-39.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 330
I found this on an earlier topic:

Because this was solved on our Discord server, I'm going to post the solution here for anyone else having this problem. It's caused by not having the latest Microsoft Visual C++ . I had this problem myself a while back.
Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC from Official Microsoft Download Center
x86 one.
The redistributable contains not just 2 DLL's, it contains all the needed tools and those tools work for all the new programs that require those DLL's.

I installed it and i can open mb2 now trough the mb2 client but whenever i join a server it gives me: DISCNNECTED: Please start the game via launcher and keep it running error again....
Here's a screenshot
Btw i also tried setting the video options to default, but no difference for me :(

Btw I have the gog version from a torrent, would it make any difference if I delete it and buy it from steam?
If the solution would be easyer then it doesnt bother me to spend some money.
(sry for the bad english btw)

Last edited:

Lervish

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hey Fusion, welcome back! :cool:
Forgive me for the obvious question but I trust you're starting the game from the Launcher like the error message suggests and leaving it open in the background?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I enabled logging on the launcher en repaired it, now when i join a server it says DISCNNECTED: Please start the game via launcher and keep it running..
It's covered by Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide
mb2 doesnt start and tells me MSCVP140.dll is missing on your pc
It's covered by Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide as well.
Btw I have the gog version from a torrent, would it make any difference if I delete it and buy it from steam?
If the solution would be easyer then it doesnt bother me to spend some money.
It's covered by Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide too.
GOG is fine, Steam is fine, CD is fine.