Minor bugs thread

You get electrocuted when standing on the edge of gondolas or on the edge of the gondola pit on mb2_boc (not sure if this is intentional). Watch this video at 2:21 and 2:54:

When you meditate on top of someone or something and that someone/something moves, you continue levitating in the same spot. Watch this video at 5:08 (the wookie meditated on top of another wookie):

Last edited:
Some of the elevators on cmp_prison crush. Watch this video at 0:31:

Those elevators that crush have a protruding switch like this on top:
shot2017-06-20_21-20-51.jpg
Those protruding switches crush players when the elevator is going up.

Siege items float away after the carrier has died. I've seen this happen on mb2_smuggler. When a player carrying the remote dies, the remote would slowly start floating upwards eventually exiting the map and becoming unretrievable. This doesn't happen always, though. The exact circumstances when this bug happens are unknown to me.

A dummy Deka spawns when you spectate someone that dies with a bugged camera after you died as Deka. In the following footage I died before as a Deka and my camera moved to spectate the Rosh. The camera while spectating him was bugged with the camera bug that happens after spectating a Deka where the spectator camera appears lower than it should (that camera bug was described in some of the posts in this thread too: Black screen in spectate after falling into a pit). After the Rosh died a Deka spawned from his corpse, as you can see in the video. The Deka is insubstantial, which means you cannot bump into it and you can pass through it, it's like some kind of a dummy that doesn't affect anything around it and doesn't have any effect except the visual one. I am not sure if the dummy Deka could be seen by anyone else except me, since they didn't react to it at all.
Here's the footage in this video at 0:25:

A dummy player may appear at the start of the round. It looks like it's a placeholder for a connecting player. Here is the demo where you can see it in detail:

Attachments

• Demo.zip
    975.7 KB · Views: 276
After the map has been changed the timers from the previous map can activate in the next map too. Like that, when we changed from mb2_boc to another map once, the timer for R2D2 hack was shown in the first round of that map.

The floor texture on top of the wall structures which surround the map on Yavin moves around slowly. This is the texture in question which goes around the whole wall:
shot2016-12-01_21-47-43.jpg

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Strings are shown instead of the objective messages on mb2_republiccruiser:

Someone released a WIP version they weren't supposed to for RC. Look to the right in the picture you took, and you'll see a hole in the wall as well.

This bug is code not properly localizing strings from Icarus scripts.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
deka can get stuck on falcon hang door to the staircase. can be crushed by commtower elevator too

Someone released a WIP version they weren't supposed to for RC. Look to the right in the picture you took, and you'll see a hole in the wall as well.

This bug is code not properly localizing strings from Icarus scripts.
So someone put an older version of the map in the new version of the mod? This can explain why mb2_republiccruiser crashes now in v1.4.5 when v1.4.4.1 demos of it are played in jaMME with a v1.4.4.1 cgamex86.dll.
When you meditate on top of someone or something and that someone/something moves, you continue levitating in the same spot. Watch this video at 5:08 (the wookie meditated on top of another wookie):
By the way, I found out this happens because the collision size of the players while meditating is the same as when they are standing. The wookie was meditating on top of another meditating wookie.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
So someone put an older version of the map in the new version of the mod? This can explain why mb2_republiccruiser crashes now in v1.4.5 when v1.4.4.1 demos of it are played in jaMME with a v1.4.4.1 cgamex86.dll.

No, its a newer version of the map, but that new version wasn't release ready yet. I'm not sure when it was added.

The players-per-team count on the scoreboard can be faulty sometimes. This may affect the auto-balance mechanic too. Look at this screenshot, it's 6v5, but the scoreboard says it's 6v6:
shot2017-08-14_13-56-54.jpg
shot2017-08-15_15-54-58.jpg
Edit: This seems to happen very often, added one more screenshot.

Last edited: