•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Connection problem

Hi there, I just installed JK and MB2 to my computer to play the game again after a long time, the JK works fine but the MB2 can't list any servers, can't join with IP from console.
When I go to the server tab and open the console it says: Requesting servers from the master... and after that nothing happens and it wont list any servers.
My firewall is disabled + both the JK and the MB2 are set in the firewall so it can't be the firewall either way.
Any idea of fixing this problem?

Thanks

-edit: I've got the 1.0.1 patch and tried every "solution" that I could found and none of them worked.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
First things first have you made sure you have network settings optimized?

Data Rate 25000 (Unless you have older modems, unlikely)
Snaps 40
Max Packets 30-100 (depending on your own connection)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Data Rate 25000 (Unless you have older modems, unlikely)
Snaps 40
Max Packets 30-100 (depending on your own connection)
No combination of values of these settings can cause not being unable to connect a server or not getting the server list.
They only can make game feel more smoother/choppier, that's all.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
It DOES prevent you from seeing servers in master list in extreme cases though. thats why i said it

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Instead of arguin about what you think is wrong, let the people be a think tank and offer suggestions. The more opinions on it the better. as for your question, its affected me in the past due to poor connection, and only optimization fixed the issue.

I've tried every combination and nothing happened, it looks like I can't connect to the master server but I don't have any kind of firewall for sure

- - - Updated - - -
How exactly are you launching MB2?
I've tried with launcher and with the torrent file aswell

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment I found i had a basic windows anti-virus stuff working called windows defender that gave me a hope, I turned it off completely and its still not working so that wasn't the solution aswell, I don't have any ideas left :/

Last edited by a moderator:

k4far

Banned
Donator
At the moment I found i had a basic windows anti-virus stuff working called windows defender that gave me a hope, I turned it off completely and its still not working so that wasn't the solution aswell, I don't have any ideas left :/

You might have a weird lockdown deep in the Windows system files. I managed to block Google compl3tely on the browser and my friend had to use Bing, lmao.

Reinstall your system. This will be the easiest. If the issue is still persistent then we can think of throwing router out of the window and then, sueing the internet provider.

Where do you live is it possible your goverment blocking certain IPs?

I've tried with launcher and with the torrent file aswell

Before you go as far as K4far, might I suggest allowing me to use Teamviewer, to see if I can resolve this for you?

If so - https://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

Then PM me a time that works for you or add me on Steam - Steam Community :: Brisk

Noob said:
Instead of arguin about what you think is wrong, let the people be a think tank and offer suggestions. The more opinions on it the better. as for your question, its affected me in the past due to poor connection, and only optimization fixed the issue.

I get the idea of "trying all options" - the issue with that is that it can spread myths about how to resolve solutions.

Alright we got some pretty strange stuff, Gunman will report this issue, it is indeed with the launcher as it seems to be not working if we launch from there

Yep. This thread is a bit disturbing and I forgot about that.

@szipis, I'm totally running out of ideas, sorry.
Still think the reason why it isn't working is a firewall, anti-virus, or network issues on your side.
Seriously, with all those screenshots and logs can't see any other reason why MBII isn't getting connected to a server. Because it should. Something blocks game from connecting specified IP-address.
If the port is 29070 or 29071 then it's not necessarily because those are the default.

So I managed to get it to work - but in a very bizzare way.

First - Launching MBII in any possible way yields no servers.

However, launching the game twice (Yes two times) from MBII.x86 causes it to work. The first instance, the servers will not load. If you launch the second instance, the servers load and he is able to connect to them.

Initially, I thought it might be the launcher getting blocked, but there was no other ways to reproduce it working. It always needed two instances.

Once the first instance loaded in, he could close the second one and connect to other servers. However, as soon as he quit the game - if he tried to relaunch it would still require the second.

Looking at the first instance, it looks like its timing out as "Looking for Servers" which would make me think something is blocking it. But its strange that in the second instance it loads properly (?)

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
There is nothing wrong with arguing.
Definitely, I'm not gonna stop people from offering suggestions (how I could do it even if I want to?), but you should be prepared for the fact that people will start asking questions when you post it on the forums.
I've tried every combination and nothing happened, it looks like I can't connect to the master server but I don't have any kind of firewall for sure
Master server isn't even your bigger problem, since you can't even connect any server directly.
Master server is in use only for getting serverlist. It has nothing to do with /connect command.
You might have a weird lockdown deep in the Windows system files. I managed to block Google compl3tely on the browser and my friend had to use Bing, lmao.

Reinstall your system. This will be the easiest. If the issue is still persistent then we can think of throwing router out of the window and then, sueing the internet provider.
While reinstall may help, it's something more complicating than just having some IPs blocked, because addresses of MBII master server and BG server are accessible by "tracert" Windows command. That's why I asked to check it.
But for some unknown reason, those IPs aren't available for JA/Movie Battles binaries.
btw Russian government do it all the time.

However, launching the game twice (Yes two times) from MBII.x86 causes it to work. The first instance, the servers will not load. If you launch the second instance, the servers load and he is able to connect to them.

Initially, I thought it might be the launcher getting blocked, but there was no other ways to reproduce it working. It always needed two instances.

Once the first instance loaded in, he could close the second one and connect to other servers. However, as soon as he quit the game - if he tried to relaunch it would still require the second.

Looking at the first instance, it looks like its timing out as "Looking for Servers" which would make me think something is blocking it. But its strange that in the second instance it loads properly (?)
This is weird as hell.
Maybe it's a bug with Movie Battles and we should ask devs to fix it, but it's not clear how they're supposed to reproduce it.
Maybe something is very wrong with szipis's system. I would suggest to uninstall firewall and anti-virus completely and see what happens.

Last edited:
This is weird as hell.
Maybe it's a bug with Movie Battles and we should ask devs to fix it, but it's not clear how they're supposed to reproduce it.
Maybe something is very wrong with szipis's system. I would suggest to uninstall firewall and anti-virus completely and see what happens.
As I said I don't have firewalls neither anti-virus on my pc, so I can't uninstall things that aren't existing

This is weird as hell.
Maybe something is very wrong with szipis's system. I would suggest to uninstall firewall and anti-virus completely and see what happens

My guess is that something is blocking him. His first request from the instance is blocked, but for whatever reason when the second instance requests the master server list, it does not.

I was not able to search around and look at network settings, because I do not speak Hungarian and figuring out all the stuff I already did was fairly difficult.

every subsequent instance of jamp will run through a different port I believe? maybe when you launch the second one it forces a different port/ip because the default one is already being used.

Strange, when we were testing the mb2 it worked like that way, i had to open up 2 at the same time, but today it worked fine, and I tested it atm aswell and its still working perfectly now hmmm