How to make the MB2_SDestroyer a more popular map?

k4far

Banned
Donator
Map - mb2_sdestroyer
Author - @Plasma

Introduces the player to wide hangars and very sporadical corridors of an Imperial Vessel (feels like another level of Death Star - not that it is bad)... thematic feeling - reminds me of a movie. You get to see all of the good sides of the engine: reflections, play of the lights, lots of shadows - solid frame rates. It is just pretty. Creator/s must have put a lot of love in to it.
d089f5da8a234.png

1da3fd2f2f5e7.png
683b6115c6fd3.png

legend:
crucial - █
considerable - █
new functionality - █

A great fun during a hangar shootout. Sad thing is the objective is being skipped. There is no gaining the adventage along the way. Doors could be opening after certain time has passed to prevent rushing). Access ports all over the place... - could use nudning & scaling to a height and size of an astromech unit.

1. TURBO LASER ROOM:
  • Filled with randomly scattered crates.
  • Lasers are too big / there is too many of them? - it is making the space overwhelming and makes the rest of the map look just okay. There should be more charges not just 1 and we should see the time till bombs go off.
5fb3b33c32b67.png

769d46f1e6158.png

2. SPAWNS (STORAGE ROOM/DOCKING BAY:
  • They could use short corridors prior to Hangar just so the game does not end so fast (deep inside we all want Dotf... but in a different appearance).
61d5b89cc9cea.png

2846a77f37022.png
2.1 Rebel Spawn:
I. - An objective related action.
(I can think of making it possible to space the room by opening the hatch in the floor once one of the objectives been lost.)
e557302257612.png
II. - The console room above the entrance to the hangar feels useless - currently it is just a camping spot for Mandalorians, there could be a little lift or some pipes usable as ladder next to it, so it could have a real purpose.

aa88ab863fe36.jpg
906a74f84bf2b.jpg

3. HANGAR:
  • (One of the the most well organised spaces I have ever seen in a MB - nothing to change. I have never seen a person complaing that one side is giving too much adventage etc. Keep it as it is, great job).
1dc6d1752a026.png
d385a2cf55f0a.png
aaa0c40c3e781.png

4. CONNECTING ROOM:

Would love to see some ammo droids walking around it and sporadically giving out some basic ammunitions. It feels kinda empty could use a spice. Rebels would have something to looo forward to.
d758fd0f0b1f7.png

5. LONG CORRIDOR:

• Console for opening the door to the objective, please a different one - it is just a bunch of random ents mashed togheter does not fit the rest, especially Hoth parts.
  • Segment of it could be a prison/interrogation chamber, crew quarters themed, most of it is just crates.
03e589a19e852.png

2f1d4ba612bfd.png

6. TIE FIGHTER BAY:
  • One Tie fighter can be different, in parts or missing.
  • Disattaching some of them would be entertaining too.
17deaca06f715.jpg

5d0ea6669b16d.png

*Idea for an objective:

A MSE droid containing vital information would be going from one side of the map to another using vents (would need to make these vents).
One team would have to capture it the other to prevent that from happening. This way people would start to pay attention to the objective too. And with that Lasers could be a secondary objective resulting in a security breach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully, after they complete this sabering system madness, they will turn to the maps. There are so many finished maps that are never played, such a waste of potential.

Hopefully, after they complete this sabering system madness, they will turn to the maps. There are so many finished maps that are never played, such a waste of potential.
Like moseisly. Everything is done, expect siege file and FA settings. I found it on bit.ly/SrsMaps

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
There's a file called "MBII Maps-Models Credits.txt" in the MBII folder that lists the creators of maps and models if you ever want to find out who made them.