April 1st Update Released!

mb2_logo_1.png

April 1st Update

Just a minor update to tide everyone over until the next release.

CHANGELOG (1-4-17)

Maps

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Not sure what your point was, but I'm pretty sure Version 2 is the one we've had for a while now. Version 1 would be, I guess, the one where there was a throne panel in the back of gen pit, and "Version 3" would be the super pretty, ostensibly revolutionary future one that's still mostly a mystery.

Although in the thread about what I just called "Version 3," it's called "mb2_dotfv2," so I think whoever wrote the patch notes for this April Fool's thread just didn't think super hard about how to not be confusing.

B17 - DOTF v1.0
B19 - DOTF v1.1
RC1 - DOTF v1.2
V0.1 - DOTF v1.2.1
V0.1.2 - DOTF v1.2.2
V1.0 - DOTF v1.3
V1.1 - DOTF v1.4
V1.2 - DOTF v1.4.1
V1.3 - DOTF v1.5
V1.4.2 - DOTF v1.5.1

If you want to be accurate.

Last edited:

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
what is this font

Subaru

Not a car!
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Hi, there was a mixup. Please hold.

I'm quitting the game because of this update. I have nothing against the update, but the fact that the asshole developers decided to make everyone's April 1st day even worse is fucking beyond me.

Fuck you, and fuck your game. Time to go play Mass Effect, where the animations are better.

Oh wait.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Could anyone send here screenshots? I don't have a game currently
In all seriousness, from what I saw from being in game for about five seconds, it looks about the same as if you set the texture quality cvar to something really low and changed the interpolation cvar to nearest neighbor.

(which is a thing you can do, for reference. I forget the details. I did it a while ago when I was experimenting with making MB2 graphics as chunky and lo-fi as possible.)

My launcher keeps updating then saying there's a new version out and to restart it over and over. Still got the bad textures

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
It was reverted the next day, being an April Fools joke and all. (Drastically lowered texture and music quality for DotF, nothing more.)