Noob's FA Balance Pack - Back up

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Noob's FA Balance Pack!

Hey there, Noob here. The pack has been restarted. This isn't officially sanctioned by the MB2 team, so there is no guarantee this will be included into Live. This version includes the maps below. Included is a link to zzz_z_NoobsFAPack.pk3 . You may put it in your own servers to try, or you can just put it in your MBII folder. Note: You do NOT have to actually download to play the changes as a client user. You just won't see any Visual/Sound fixes. This includes model changes, new classes, UI descriptions, and sound fixes. You can find my server hosted occasionally with my pack at:
-{EXE}- Boyz Klub

I'VE STOPPED WORK IF DEVS OR ANYONE WANT TO CONTINUE OR IMPLEMENT IT GO FOR IT
I will update the Changelog when I release the next version!
Noob's FA Balance Pack {CHANGE LOG}

TMNT

Updated Descriptions
Turtles HP decreased to 150
Splinter Force Pool increased to 100
Splinter Styles changed to (Blue,Purple,Yellow) from (Purple,Cyan,Yellow,Red)
Shredder Armor increased to 150
Shredder Force Pool increased to 100
Added 3rd slot to "Foot Clan Elite"
Foot Clan Staff now has 2 Lives (Compared to 4)
Foot Clan Staff now has Saber Def 1
Archer has more Ammo
Fixed an issue where Foot Clan had no BP even with Saber Defense

ultimate_showdown

Updated Descriptions
Moved Black Adam to Class Slot 3
Added Catwoman (Class Slot 3)
Removed Grappling Hook from Deathstroke
Added Grappling Hook to CatWoman
Neo Run Speed increased to 1.3 (prev 1.15)
Neo ForcePool increased to 125
Neo now has Saber Def 3
Chris now has 200 Flamethrower ammo (prev 300)
Spiderman now has Heal 2 (From Heal 1)
Added Sense 3 to Spiderman "Spidey Senses"
Venom now has Heal 1 (From Heal 2)
Venom HP decreased to 125
Added Jetpack Cooldown to GreenLantern/Sinestro, and Superman/Black Adam
GreenLantern and Sinestro restored to Fuel 3, but FuelRegen is removed
Superman/Black Adam now has overheat on Jetpack
Leonidas Health decreased to 120
Terminator now has CR1 instead of CR2
Terminator Armor decreased to 175
Alien now has Seeing 3
Removed Predator Armor
Hitman and Lara Ammo increased by 20
Raptor now has 2 Lives
Raptor now has Force Speed 2 (From 3)
Ronald Force Pool increased to 200
Ronald Force Regen slightly increased (1 to 1.15)
Ringwraith now has Cyan
Smith Ammo increased by 50
LEGI0N Sniper Ammo increased (2 to 4)
Mario Force Pool increased to 200
Doviculus now has Drain 3 "Ormagoden's Wrath"
Charizard now has Mag Plating

mb2_CMP_Endor

Stick Ewok limited to 3 slots
Restored Ewok Kid
Ewok Kid model scale increased (.45 to .55) {Normal Ewok is .75, and default is 1 for reference}
Imp classes with <50 Armor given 50 Armor
Limited Scouttrooper to 1 life
Decreased C3P0 armor by 25

mb2_CMP_Arena

Updated Descriptions
Used the MB2 Westar sound assets to replace the missing ones.
Jango now has Westar 4
B1 Commander now has Blaster 2
Gave both C3P0 droids Rally

matrix_bbrawl

Updated Descriptions
Neo Run Speed increased to 1.3 (prev 1.15)
Removing Neo's staff in favor of heavy melee
Neo Health decreased to 200

mb2_kamino

Flamethrower ammo reduced by 100
Limited Grapple SBD to 1
Made Clone Pistol 4 to 3
Rotary Cannon Ammo reduced in half
Anakin's Saber Styles (Red, Yellow)
Obiwan's Saber Styles (Blue, Cyan)
Shaak Ti's Saber Styles (Purple)

mb2_lunarbase

Darktrooper Armor decreased to 100
Kyle now has Heal 2 (From Heal 3)

Other
Fixed an error on legosw where Darth Sions desc was Palpatines
Made Guavian Death Gang red sith troopers out of preference (Eravana)

Maps Included
TMNT
ultimate_showdown
mb2_CMP_Endor
mb2_lunarbase
matrix_bbrawl
mb2_CMP_Arena
mb2_kamino

Last edited:
Upvote 0
definitly showdown needs a fix, tmnt and dc universe

tmnt: needs to fix the balance in the clases specificly the foot clan side, they quite the paper kind ( weak)
i wouldnt touch the turtles considering they are fine its just the other team being weak that makes it look unbalanced.

showdow map: some classes are just for trlling and others abused , most of the time people use the grapple ones to just run away and time waste quite a lot, others clases are way too op it needs to be rechecked.

dc universe: the map itself is a mess and people tend to complain about the fps drops which its true to some point but not that bad, again as showdow problem with classes this is not off the hook, it needs a lot of balance on the good guys side they quite weak, but the bad guys have more balanced classes.

Last edited:
Terminator in Ultimate Showdown is pretty OP. Either reduce health or give less ammo for the chaingun

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
um_downfall (and um_downfall_guns) crashes immediately after fully loading (so for a moment I get to actually see the map, then it crashes.)

For me, anyway. I verified my files and it still crashes. When I went to the Official FA server (when it was empty) and RTV'd to downfall, after I crashed, the server reset back to mb2_jeditemple. I don't know if that means that the server crashed, or if the server just resets itself whenever it's empty.

I don't get framerate problems in dc_universe, but I do get them in um_medievil (or whatever that map's weird spelling is) especially when I stare out across the map. It's not a complex-looking map so there must be something that could be optimized... The Resident Evil map also gives framerate problems, I think because of all the sparkly effects on light sources?

mb2_lunarbase wasn't even on the maplist for US Official FA last I checked, and when we RTV'd to it on another server, people complained about the balance, possibly mostly regarding the Dark Trooper. I don't know why it's not on the Official FA, but if it's because Dark Trooper OP, then that'd be something to look at.

On mb2_cmp_arena, Jango's pistol doesn't have a firing noise. :(

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@Plasma The goal is really to make every class fun and playable. I'm not trying to ruin one class in favor of another, more of a buffing/nerfing where it is needed. I'm trying not to nerf too much, just enough to keep it so that one class can't versus an entire team.

And @Oddlewad I'm not a mapper, but I'll see if anything in the FA files is causing the crash!

Smee

Banned
On mb2_cmp_arena Jango is far too weak imo. He should be given a rocket and perhaps his pistol should do more FP damage?

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
That's what wrist laser is for @Smee. And considering how only like 2 or 3 jedi have push, don't you think rocket would be a bit too op? I'll see if I can add stuff like more fuel, etc for now. I don't want to add too much for him right now.

Smee

Banned
That's what wrist laser is for @Smee. And considering how only like 2 or 3 jedi have push, don't you think rocket would be a bit too op? I'll see if I can add stuff like more fuel, etc for now. I don't want to add too much for him right now.

Rebs nearly always win on the map at the moment, even if it is OP the imps need to be buffed. And the wrist laser is useless because it overheats and breaks so quickly

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Rebs nearly always win on the map at the moment, even if it is OP the imps need to be buffed. And the wrist laser is useless because it overheats and breaks so quickly
You forget that now people realize SBD Blast Cannon is good, they will use it more often, leading to imps victory. Do you think giving rally to the B1's would be a better solution?

Plasma

Movie Battles II Team Retired
@Plasma The goal is really to make every class fun and playable. I'm not trying to ruin one class in favor of another, more of a buffing/nerfing where it is needed. I'm trying not to nerf too much, just enough to keep it so that one class can't versus an entire team.

And @Oddlewad I'm not a mapper, but I'll see if anything in the FA files is causing the crash!
Yeah I know you don't mean any harm by it I was just saying. I've had people before who wanted to change things about some of the FAs (Like Aliens) which would have changed it completely, that's when I break out my
F4zyA1r.jpg

face :p

Yeah I know you don't mean any harm by it I was just saying. I've had people before who wanted to change things about some of the FAs (Like Aliens) which would have changed it completely, that's when I break out my
F4zyA1r.jpg

face :p

cute face :)

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
@Plasma Do you by chance have the Deadpool model on you? It is mysteriously missing and is why the Spiderman/Venom skins aren't working. :)

Mcbober

Movie Battles II Team
My biggest beef with ultimate showdown is more the map itself than the classes. Namely, it has no objective. Classes that are super hard to catch (like The Flash) can just run away for 5 minutes, which can lead to things being kinda boring. Unfortunately a lot of rounds end up being the winning team trying to hunt down the last remaining member(s) of the losing team who just run away. Really kills the flow of the rounds. Not sure what you can do about this from an FA standpoint unless you give ways to catch every class and sense to everybody or something.

Well, there is the DC only version of the map where its dc heroes vs dc villains. They have rooftop objectives where they disarm bombs.
Rather annoying and difficult at times tbh.

I'd like an obj on the main rooftop/center of the map where there's a bomb to arm/disarm that only becomes hackable around the 2 minutes into the round. So if people don't have to chase:)

Also, this map, along with oh so many others, needs the rain of fire from mb2_enclave. Hell, I'd even want it in-doors. Just upp the dmg.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
The model messup is due to the 'fix' being applied to only unreleased PK3s. I missed this last time I tried reproducing the bug.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
The pack is now released! Come stop by my server Saturday/Sunday to get first look, or host your own with my changes! Please leave any feedback here.

Last edited:

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
For anyone that didn't get a chance to see the thread. I'm going to be hosting in 30 minutes!

Last edited: