jaMME 1.10 released

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Been using the pipecommand for moments 3, the most important thing is the file size (5 seconds of avi = 2 gb, 20 seconds of mp4 = 800 mb yet same quality). AVI, never again. Thx Ent.

Reactions: ent

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I always just ran video recording software over JaMME. Is that cheating? :p I'll give the pipeline feature a try!

ent

Movie Battles II Team
Well if he set bit rate over 12 Mb/s then it might be the reason.
It's not just about bitrate, there are plenty of encoding setting can be adjusted from speed of encoding that can add extra data to manually setting the key frames. That all will be represented as different bitrate in the end, but don't mix up the result and the reason.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You're doing something wrong then. 1080p 60 fps 4 minutes long video is just 369 mb for me.
What I use as pipecommand is: ffmpeg -f avi -i - -threads 0 -preset ultrafast -y -pix_fmt yuv420p -crf 1 %o.mp4 2> ffmpeglog.txt
having crf at 1 % gives greater quality (aka smaller the number, better the quality and I believe it doesn't get better from this value). I also have preset on ultrafast so the rendering happens as fast as possible. Also 1 more thing that is different from default settings is the codec that I use, yuv420p. It is not as good as the default, but this one works better in most video editing programs as it is more standard (sadly). Also it doesn't matter which codec you use if you put it on youtube, it will render the quality to shit nonetheless.