•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Whispering problems

Hello guys and girls, it is actually my first post on the forum and it is for a technical problem i've had for quite a while now.

While in game, i cannot seem to be able to respond to private ingame messages, i might not do it right so i wanted some help in how to do it if possible.
Right now, i'm doing the /serverstatus first to get the id of the person followed by /tell 'id' 'message' if not mistaken?
My problem is that when i do that it never send the message to the person i wanted to send it to. First i thought it was because of connecting/disconnecting peoples so the ids changed and i wasn't quick enough, i tried several times while keeping an eye on the /serverstatus to see any change but wasn't concluding.

There, if anyone can help it would be appreciated!
Thanks!

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
You can also press "U" while aiming at someone and automatically start a whisper convo.

Thanks for the fast anwsers! I'll try both and see if it works.
For the "/tell name message" color scheme does not impact the way you write the name?

DaloLorn

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I don't think so, no - IIRC it basically tries to find the text you input (for instance, you could probably send me a message using "/tell lorn message") in a player's name. I don't remember what happens if the name is too vague (like "/tell d message" in a server containing "Dalo Lorn", "Lord Sidious" and "Dark Trooper"), but it probably fails and tells you to be a bit more specific.