•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Version Problem

Everytime i start the launcher, it downloads things like half of a hour. And its finish, i click the play and game starts...BUT, it still is 1.4 and i cant see any of servers nor connect any of servers bc of my version isnt 1.4.4. My launcher says that i'm 1.4.4 but the game says 1.4. Please help me, i really want to play that mod :(

k4far

Banned
Donator
Change the engine in launcher. As you are on servers (tick internet as source and refresh the list). So everytime you want to play it is asking you to download whole game?

Change the engine in launcher.
As you are on servers (tick internet and refresh the list).

So everytime you want to play it is asking you to download whole game again?

i think its not whole game but it updates a lot. btw its on the ''internet'' and refreshing doesnt help. and engine button (i guess the one that says ''JAM'') is not avaelable to change.

k4far

Banned
Donator
1. It should look like this (not the GameData Path - do not touch that it might be different for everyone).
MB2 Launcher Settings.png

2. Server settings.
MB2 Server Settings.png

• Do you have a CD version or Digital (GOG & Steam)?
  • Did you install anything else besides Movie Battles, other modifications?
  • What did you use to install MB launcher or torrent? You should use the launcher (put it in GameData folder and everything should do itself).

1. It should look like this (not the GameData Path - do not touch that it might be different for everyone).
View attachment 1783

2. Server settings.
View attachment 1784

• Are you using CD version or Digital (GOG & Steam)?
  • Did you install anything else besides Movie Battles, other modifications?
  • Did you try installing using launcher or torrent? You should use the launcher (put it in GameData folder and everything should do itself).
i did same with the photos but it still 1.4 :/.
Im using Steam version
No i only downloaded movie battles 2 nothing else
i downloaded the torrent, then pasted it on game data, and use launcher.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only' => OK.
Repeat for these folders:
  1. "...Jedi Academy\GameData"
  2. "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mme"
  3. "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII"

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.

Only after that,
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

"Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" => Ctrl + A => right click on selected files => Properties => uncheck 'Read only' => OK.
Repeat for these folders:
  1. "...Jedi Academy\GameData"
  2. "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mme"
  3. "...Jedi Academy\GameData\mmeMBII"

Right-click on "Jedi Academy" => Properties => Security => give yourself all possible permissions, including all subfolders.

Only after that,
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

i dont have ''mme'' folder, can that be the problem? btw i dont know what is log

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i dont have ''mme'' folder, can that be the problem?
No.
btw i dont know what is log
Logfile - Wikipedia
i downloaded the torrent, then pasted it on game data, and use launcher.
A single torrent file won't work, it's outdated.
To install Movie Battles manually, you need to download yet another 5 files and unpack them in proper order.
That is complicated and unreliable.
I strongly suggest you to repair installation via Launcher. MBII Launcher will download all required files automatically. Just fix access rights for folders.

I did what you said and it worked! Im so excited rn and so glad for both of your help. Electricity has gone while i was joining the game so i couldnt play it yet but version problem is solved thanks to you.