•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Using steam or launcher only launches vanilla online version

Hey, tried looking through the forum and the faq as best I could but couldn't seem to find anything that helped. I've downloaded the game as per instructed for PC/Steam, the files for the game are in the proper directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData), unzipped files to the gamedata folder. I've launched the launcher and tried running with it synced to steam and un-synced to steam launching directly from the MBII, both just end up running the vanilla version of the game. It's the same running on steam after having changed the launch options to "+set fs_game "MBII"". Still launches vanilla JAMP, is there something I'm doing wrong here?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Remove the launch options from Steam unless you actually have a need (which there isn't if you're using the launcher). Tick Steam integration in settings. That should be it, assuming the launcher has downloaded all of the necessary files.

Remove the launch options from Steam unless you actually have a need (which there isn't if you're using the launcher). Tick Steam integration in settings. That should be it, assuming the launcher has downloaded all of the necessary files.
I may not have tried these two things together (I think I have but can’t be sure). I’ll be away from my computer til Friday but I’ll try this then. Thanks!

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
You either do the launch options, or you run through launcher with steam integration. You can't do both.

To run from steam:
Launcher is open (Steam int unchecked/JAMP selected)
Launch options in Steam: +set fs_game "MBII"
Having the launcher open in background, run Multiplayer through steam.

To run from Launcher:
(Check Steam int if you want hours tracked)
Select which engine you want to use (JAMP/OpenJK)
Click play on the launcher.

If you want to do the steam way, you might need to reinstall because unchecking the integration button doesnt actually restore the files it changes as far as I can tell.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If you want to do the steam way, you might need to reinstall because unchecking the integration button doesnt actually restore the files it changes as far as I can tell.
It only swaps the names of jasp.exe and jamp.exe, which it *should* undo properly when closing the launcher, though I don't know how it makes these choices programmatically so can't say for sure it can't get into a messed up state. Worst case just check file integrity in Steam or rename back manually, and it would be fixed. No need to redownload.